How to get the red out of my hair??!

ellennn

Sat 2 May, 2015 11:01 am
I dyed my hair brown from a bleach blonde just over a year ago and it was a perfectly nice brown which i was very happy with. However from using chocolate dyes my hair has become really red. I went to the hairdressers about 2 weeks ago to get the red removed, for the first day it looked okay but then by the second day the red was back.
I was wondering what the best solution would be. Should I dye my hair back blonde and start all over again or should I strip the colour using an at home stripper? I cannot afford to go back to the hairdressers just yet so I would like some advice on things I can do myself. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 637 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

ehBeth

Sat 2 May, 2015 11:02 am
@ellennn,
What is your natural hair colour?
ellennn

Sat 2 May, 2015 11:04 am
@ehBeth,
I am not 100% sure as I began highlighting my hair at a young age. Although I think it is like a dark blonde/light brown
0 Replies

vividamnesia

Mon 6 Jul, 2015 03:12 pm
@ellennn,
Professional stylists always guarantee their work as long as you come back within a week of the service especially on new clients so go back and inquire it should not cost you a cent! You need a brown shade with a strong enough ash content to counter the reddish tones so choose color that has no warmth in it at all. Most people choose warmer tones because at first glance they look more appealing to the eye but technically the flatter cool ash colors are whats needed. As law color does not lift color so you would have to remove the color with a removal product. Always shampoo 2x after removal products to remove from hair. Make sure hair is completely dry b4 applying target color and let color sit a good 7mins after mixing b4 applying quickly through out hair. Letting the color stand bypasses the lifting/opening stage that is unneeded on raw hair.The initial lifting stage can actually lift the hair even more causing even more underlying red pigment in the hair to be exposed. Choose a shade in about a lv6-7, in :X.1/A/N/NA these are code for high ash shades on the box.
0 Replies