Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 01:02 pm
Why should we care about Nepal. We have ten times as many starving people on our streets, including Veterans..

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,428 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2015 01:15 pm
@Rickoshay75,
One situation is in no way exclusive of the other. Why do you want to connect them?

If the 'we' you're referring to includes caring people who are concerned with the general welfare of all of humanity, that 'we' should care a lot!

However, if the 'we' you might be referring to believes that it's every man for himself and that what happens away from your house is of no concern to you, then why even ask the question?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 08:52 am
I agree we should look after our own first . The main idea of helping other countries is so they dont block our trade which is usually lop sided . When I was there in 1980, Nepal had the highest ratio of foreign aid per capita of any country in the world . Probably due to all those rich clowns climbing a mountain .
Rickoshay75

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 11:58 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

I agree we should look after our own first . The main idea of helping other countries is so they dont block our trade which is usually lop sided . When I was there in 1980, Nepal had the highest ratio of foreign aid per capita of any country in the world . Probably due to all those rich clowns climbing a mountain .

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;