Sleepovers and Tween Trouble

Linkat

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 06:20 am
My tween had a sleepover with one of her best friends that she does not get to see very often any more. They used to go to a private school together and live a few towns apart. One is now home schooled and the other is going to public school so they don't get to see each other much. They are usually well behaved girls.

My husband and I went to bed early - he had to work this morning and I needed to do some work from home early this morning. I get up and see some stuff in the kitchen - someone was cooking -- I thought unusual but hubby must have made some eggs. The kitchen was a little messy as I didn't put away all the stuff from dinner last night and I left the laptop on the kitchen counter. When I moved it I saw -- chocolate pudding recipe from scratch on the computer.

All the eggs are gone -- we did not have half the ingredients to made the pudding so be interesting how it turned out. There are egg whites in the fridge in a bowl covered with a paper towel. I log onto the computer and it looks like they rented a movie at 3am.

Now part of me is laughing. The other part -- they shouldn't be cooking in the middle of the night or cooking without an adult there....they shouldn't rent a movie without asking (now granted who knows my hubby could have told them it was ok to rent before going to bed).

So what the heck should I do to these future chefs?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 872 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 01:59 pm
@Linkat,
Ask her how the sleepover went. Let her decide whether to tell you what all they did.

Ask her to help clean up the kitchen and then put a password on your laptop so it can't be accessed by anyone who doesn't have it.
Linkat

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 03:51 pm
@Butrflynet,
I don't have a problem with computer .. they could have looked up the recipe on their phone. She did me the money for the movie without me asking. And they told me about the cooking..oh and I found the "pudding" in the fridge with a note...

Do not throw away I am talking about you daddy.

So it wasn't they tried to hide anything. I explained to them why I did not want them cooking in the middle of the night and without asking first...they would be more tired..they old burn themselves or start a fire and they used all the eggs and I might need them for breakfast.

They said gee that makes sense.

We all cleaned up together ... I then asked how the heck did you make the pudding if you didn't have many of the items..we improvised .. there is no way in he knows I'm tasting that dish.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 07:03 pm
@Linkat,
That sounds good. They got it and they'll still think it is fun to cook and even improvise.
0 Replies