Childhood Play

IAN442

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:07 pm
my 6 year old is nearly 90 pounds and nearly half as tall as his mom, he's a big kid for 6. And he can hustle like iv

my other boy is rail skinny but tough as nails when it comes to playing rough,,,but he's superflexible like plastic still can roll his legs behind his ears.

They get rowdy in public like at play equipment and stuff...they mind the other kids but will knock each other around and laugh while doing it. I let them fight and wrestle on regular basis and try to foster some sort of competition.

Personally i kind it entertaining...little man bouncing off big boy...but manages to pop big boy in the breadbox a couple of times with a resounding thud. it all evens out.

my boys think im their personal horse to jump on bad back and all...my oldest knows better now. He laid me out on the floor after he jumped knees first into bottom of my back...he saw it on TV...

My other boy he's so agile its ridiculous jumps up at any chance he gets.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 886 • Replies: 3
No top replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 10:27 pm
I raised three boys and they could get pretty rowdy with eachother, too. I stayed out of it most of the time if they were just playing, but it often turned into someone getting hurt and becoming a real fight, so I kind of had to referee!
As a mom, my typical response was to try to redirect their attention elsewhere and lessen the episodes of rowdiness.
One time at school my middle son overheard some boys planning to gang up on my youngest son. It was sort of a power play, because my youngest was the tallest and strongest in school, so they wanted to unseat him. Instead of telling my youngest what he was in for, my other son arrived early at the "jump spot" and hid. Once the kid began to fight my son and my son got in a good punch, the other kids jumped out and tried to jump him. At that point, my middle son came out from his hiding place and joined the fracas, and the two of them kicked butt against 5 other boys. The principal called me to explain that, although he had suspended all the boys, including mine, he wanted me to know how my sons stuck up for eachother. (I think he felt a bit proud of them)!

Are they in school yet? When my youngest entered high school, one of the teachers said "Another brother? oh no!" heh heh
0 Replies

IAN442

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 11:04 pm
i never had a brother like that...but...

my three sister and i chased some older kids on their bikes...my youngest sister smacked em with sticks.

I hurled a big trash can at em. Too bad i missed.
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 01:06 am
You little rowdies!
Those were the days, huh?
0 Replies