12
   

U.S. War on Terrorism: Change in World Opinion?

 
 
ehBeth
 
  0  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 10:13 am
@argome321,
you need someone to tell you the colour you've been calling blue is in fact orange
argome321
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 10:14 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
that would be a great piece of advice if the US had taken it 25/30/35 years ago

the world is paying for American lack of responsibility in the Middle East


Again no argument there, but that has nothing to do with what I am saying.
argome321
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 10:15 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
you need someone to tell you the colour you've been calling blue is in fact orange


No I don't. If you can't think for yourself that's your problem.

And please don't tell me your statement is the strength of your argument

0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 10:41 am
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:

I don't need facts for an opinion and this op is about opinions... haven't you notice?


That's the problem, you don't know what you're talking about. Having an opinion based on ignorance is worse than having no opinion at all.

You made a point which could be interpreted in varying degrees, but won't actually own up to where you actually stand, accusing others of misinterpreting because you're unable to commit to any stance based on what's actually going on.

Can you even find Iraq on a map?
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 10:46 am
@argome321,
You are the one talking about countries taking responsibility for their actions.

That means the US has to take responsibility for its actions - not just other countries.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 11:28 am
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:
I despise compromise.


So do ISIS and Al Qaida. Compromise is a peaceful way of resolving disputes and getting things done.
argome321
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 11:49 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
hat's the problem, you don't know what you're talking about. Having an opinion based on ignorance is worse than having no opinion at all.


So according to you I can't say In my opinion I think blue is a great color? That's laughable.

Quote:
You made a point which could be interpreted in varying degrees, but won't actually own up to where you actually stand, accusing others of misinterpreting because you're unable to commit to any stance based on what's actually going on.


You're stilling arguing with yourself. I never offered a solution. I only offered an approach to which I feel America should take. You would know that if you read what I said instead of inferring things.

Quote:
Can you even find Iraq on a map?


So now that you no longer have a valid argue you want to stoop to this?

I know we disagree but I give you more respect then this.
argome321
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 11:50 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
You are the one talking about countries taking responsibility for their actions.

That means the US has to take responsibility for its actions - not just other countries.


Yes, and I have stated this.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 12:02 pm
@argome321,
I don't care what you think about blue, I do however find it troubling that you're able to pontificate on global politics whilst remaining incredibly ignorant about so much.

You will not clarify what you mean about America acting in its own interests regardless of world opinion. Where is the cut off point, how severe has global opposition got to be before you think it's not in America's best interests?

At one end of the scale you've got the president phoning up Papua New Guinea, amongst others, before making any policy decision. At the other end you've got America doing so provocative that every country in the world, including Israel, unites in a coordinated nuclear strike on the US. And there's everything in between.

So what level of opposition do you think the US should ignore and carry on regardless? Where do you think you have to stop, clearly you don't think the nuclear destruction of most of the world is a good thing, but where do you draw the line? All of the world except Israel carrying out a coordinated nuclear strike?
argome321
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 12:04 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
So do ISIS and Al Qaida. Compromise is a peaceful way of resolving disputes and getting things done.


So they do and perhaps they will be met in kind.

But once again I was not talking about solution just an approach that America should take.

As far as compromise, I have only it seen it seem to delay matters and prolong war and suffering.

The middle East is a hot bed of problems because of the religious factions and the unwillingness to compromise those beliefs which has lead to violence, granted, but to thing that will ever change, in that region of strong beliefs, seem a bit irrational. To expect rational resolution seem a bit irrational.

I reiterate, I am not offering a solution I wold be a fool to do so. But I'm
suggesting an approach for America.
timur
 
  2  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 12:11 pm
Argome wrote:
But I'm suggesting an approach for America.


Your approach didn't work in the past and there's no reason it will work in the future.

Consensual solutions are the best.
argome321
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 12:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I don't care what you think about blue, I do however find it troubling that you're able to pontificate on global politics whilst remaining incredibly ignorant about so much.


So let me understand this. If I don't have a solution that means I'm incredibly ignorant about such matters.

So according to you since you aren't ignorant you have the perfect solution to the middle east crisis..is that correct? Why are you keeping it to yourself?

Quote:
You will not clarify what you mean about America acting in its own interests regardless of world opinion. Where is the cut off point, how severe has global opposition got to be before you think it's not in America's best interests?


I guess I could repeat myself until am blue in the face oh but I'm black hmm.

Again you sure do infer a great deal. Drawing conclusions where there aren't any.

this s the last time I am going to try and reach you.

Lets say America decides to have the same answers you have. I have no problem with that. I am only saying that if that is the American solution that it is America best interest. That should be it's only consideration not the consideration of the rest of the world.


Quote:
At one end of the scale you've got the president phoning up Papua New Guinea, amongst others, before making any policy decision. At the other end you've got America doing so provocative that every country in the world, including Israel, unites in a coordinated nuclear strike on the US. And there's everything in between.


And here is where I differ. Too many chiefs

That's the problem with compromise everyone qualify or not wants a say so.
But people are s till being killed, People are still be starved. People still don't have health care and the beat goes on etc.


Quote:
So what level of opposition do you think the US should ignore and carry on regardless? Where do you think you have to stop, clearly you don't think the nuclear destruction of most of the world is a good thing, but where do you draw the line? All of the world except Israel carrying out a coordinated nuclear strike?


Again, inferring, inferring inferring.

Would you high light where I said or hinted any of these things please.
argome321
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 12:25 pm
@timur,
Quote:
Consensual solutions are the best.


And today's solutions have worked or failed just as well
timur
 
  2  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 12:31 pm
@argome321,
Is that an opinion or do you have some facts?
argome321
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 12:34 pm
@timur,
Terrorism; self evident. Isn't that we are talking about?
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 12:54 pm
@argome321,
I've not inferred anything I asked you a simple question; what level of opposition world wide is too much for America to carry on regardless?
Answer the question. I want to know where you draw the line.

I've not kept anything about the ME to myself, I've already said what needs to be done on this thread. You weren't paying attention, or you forgot, or something.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 12:59 pm
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:
I'm
suggesting an approach for America.



No you're not. You're too vague, there's a lot of empty rhetoric, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing, as is appropriate.

0 Replies
 
argome321
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 01:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I've not inferred anything I asked you a simple question; what level of opposition world wide is too much for America to carry on regardless?
Answer the question. I want to know where you draw the line.

I've not kept anything about the ME to myself, I've already said what needs to be done on this thread. You weren't paying attention, or you forgot, or something.


No, No more deflecting and avoiding I ask you to show me where I said or hinted the things you refer to below. Why can't you show me?

Quote:
So what level of opposition do you think the US should ignore and carry on regardless? Where do you think you have to stop, clearly you don't think the nuclear destruction of most of the world is a good thing, but where do you draw the line? All of the world except Israel carrying out a coordinated nuclear strike?
brody
 
  0  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 01:07 pm
@argome321,
Quote:
@timur,
Terrorism; self evident. Isn't that we are talking about?


The only thing self-evident to timur is his delusion of his own importance and intelligence.
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  2  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 01:07 pm
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:
The middle East is a hot bed of problems because of the religious factions and the unwillingness to compromise those beliefs which has lead to violence, granted, but to thing that will ever change, in that region of strong beliefs, seem a bit irrational. To expect rational resolution seem a bit irrational.


things were reasonably stable til the US decided to stick its nose in

I do agree that expecting the US to be rational is irrational
 

Related Topics

Report: CIA foiled al-Qaida plot - Discussion by Lustig Andrei
Happy New Year from Pakistan - Discussion by djjd62
ISIS or Daesh - Question by usmankhalid665
Nothing about Brussels? - Discussion by McGentrix
Flavors of terrorists - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/16/2021 at 05:01:13