12
   

U.S. War on Terrorism: Change in World Opinion?

 
 
Ionus
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 09:00 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
If the war on terror had actually achieved anything I might think differently
Very Happy Shocked Very Happy

Quote:
ISIS didn't even exist before the war on terror
You are showing the limits of your intelligence . If it has a different name it must be different ? Really ?

What pisses me off is how these left wing idiots make a big fanfare about fighting for terrorism and selecting who should be oppressed, then they refuse to go fight for them .

Ms dizzythetush needs to marry an ISIS man and fight the war by breeding, just like the Palestinians do...
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  -2  
Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 09:01 am
@FBM,
Quote:
Seems the right has tunnel vision. The American "War on Drugs" was no less disastrous than the "War on Terrorism." Both about equally as effective (read: counter-productive to everything but their collusive short-term bottom line).
So...you take drugs . You support head amputations, but only by knife, never by drone strike .
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 10:11 am
@FBM,
Our problem is the constant rush by political leaders to appease America regardless of who is in power. The Tories made a great play of how Britain was weak under Labour regarding America and defence. After years of Thatcher and Major the incoming Labour government was desperate to prove otherwise. When Clinton was in office things worked very well, Kosovo, Sierra Leone, Northern Ireland, but then Bush got in.

The only good thing was that because Iraq was such a catastrophic failure parliament grew a pair and voted down intervention in Syria.
argome321
 
  -2  
Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 10:31 am
@wandeljw,
Quote:
I appreciate all contributions. My only viewpoint is that the United States government needs to pay attention to world opinion regarding any military action.


I disagree. What ever America decides, one way or the other, America should do it with conviction and damn the rest of the world.

Compromise, indecision and lollygagging of one's morals and ideology leads to defeat and chaos.

The world needs leaders... decisive leadership.
wandeljw
 
  1  
Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 11:44 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:

"Kill 'em all and let God sort it out" is pretty much their only approach. Working out the nuances requires too much brain work, and it doesn't result in profit for Halliburton, et al. Killings and big explosions sell to their constituents, as it's taken as evidence of the Duh' Merkun inherent superiority. Not sure how that plays out in your country's demographics, but that's the way it is where I come from. Sadly.


Do you feel that your country's position on the United States should be based on such a caricature?
izzythepush
 
  0  
Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 02:19 pm
@argome321,
You sound like an old imperialist oblivious to the realities of the present day.

We thought we could go it alone and sod world opinion. It was called the Suez crisis. It would be for the best if you could avoid having one of your own, but if you carry on down the path you've described, it will come.
izzythepush
 
  0  
Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 02:22 pm
@wandeljw,
I think the fault lies with the people who elected a caricature as opposed to someone with a brain. Dubya was a useless, incompetent, warmongering idiot, there's no caricature needed.
0 Replies
 
timur
 
  2  
Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 02:41 pm
Argome wrote:
What ever America decides, one way or the other, America should do it with conviction and damn the rest of the world.

Compromise, indecision and lollygagging of one's morals and ideology leads to defeat and chaos.

The world needs leaders... decisive leadership.


I cannot even imagine that this kind of thinking still exists.

It's amazing how history repeats itself and people never learn from the past mistakes.

There's one thing that is called evolution but it seems that it only works for a selected few..
ehBeth
 
  0  
Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 03:11 pm
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:
America should do it with conviction and damn the rest of the world.


that's pretty much how it's worked out for the world, including the U.S.
ehBeth
 
  0  
Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 03:12 pm
@wandeljw,
hehehe
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:44 pm
@izzythepush,
Dont you recognise the stupidity in you saying all problems are the same, just follow the same course ? Iraq and Syria are the same problem and require the same policy ?...ridiculous .
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:45 pm
@argome321,
Quote:
What ever America decides
Dont forget the French who will take the opposite point of view to prove they're independent of USA policy .
0 Replies
 
Ionus
 
  -1  
Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:48 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
thought we could go it alone and sod world opinion. It was called the Suez crisis.
It had nothing to do with world opinion . The USA told Britain to get out and it did . France just realised it was in another war and surrendered .
0 Replies
 
argome321
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 04:15 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
that's pretty much how it's worked out for the world, including the U.S.


No I don't think so.

The USA needs to stop worrying about what the others nations think and do what they think is best for the USA and live with it.

Had the European nations done what was right prior to wwII the USA would not be in it's current position, but that's ancient history. But it needs to lead or get the hell out of international affairs.
argome321
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 04:27 am
@timur,
Quote:
I cannot even imagine that this kind of thinking still exists.


Why not? The problem with the world is that you have too many chefs all wanting to rule the roost, surely nothing but chaos can follow.
Don't fool yourself to think that your statement is any less hubris than mine, to think that your way of thinking is superior.

Quote:
It's amazing how history repeats itself and people never learn from the past mistakes.


And the current correct answer is? People don't learn from history because they don't take outside advice as their own. It seems that each generation has to find it's own way.

Quote:
There's one thing that is called evolution but it seems that it only works for a selected few..


You think that evolution works in only one direction? Then you don't understand evolution. Not all change is positive progressively.

And you need to answer how did we, the world, arrive to where we are to day?

Second, you must understand when I say we, the USA, must decide and act with conviction I didn't say which way it should go. I only insist that it decides without waiver and do it with conviction and not rely upon what other countries think. That could mean in any direction.
izzythepush
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 04:52 am
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:
, the USA, must decide and act with conviction I didn't say which way it should go. I only insist that it decides without waiver and do it with conviction and not rely upon what other countries think. That could mean in any direction.


How do you think that would work say if the US decided to attack N Korea, against the wishes of its allies in the region? How could the US launch an attack on N. Korea without the support of S. Korea and Japan?

You're already having problems sourcing chemicals for lethal injections thanks to EU trade embargos banning the sale of such chemicals to countries that still practice capital punishment.
izzythepush
 
  0  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 04:54 am
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:
Had the European nations done what was right prior to wwII the USA would not be in it's current position,


Had the European nations done what's right the USA wouldn't even exist, it would be a patchwork of Native American nations.
argome321
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 05:02 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
How do you think that would work say if the US decided to attack N Korea, against the wishes of its allies in the region? How could the US launch an attack on N. Korea without the support of S. Korea and Japan?


Again, I was not advocating any particular action save to take action one way or the other and live with the results and show some balls and leadership to the American People. To take responsibility and own it. To not worry about the rest of the world.

In truth I don't care what N. Korea nor japan thinks.

You think that their histories of war and violence is a paargon of virtue?

Let each country be responsible for their own actions.

Quote:
You're already having problems sourcing chemicals for lethal injections thanks to EU trade embargos banning the sale of such chemicals to countries that still practice capital punishment.


Then it is ours to figure out.
argome321
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 05:04 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Had the European nations done what's right the USA wouldn't even exist, it would be a patchwork of Native American nations.


Nor quite possibly there would have been two major world wars, nor have slaughter so many native Americans.

Do you really want to get into the blame game? Because there is enough of that to go around
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sat 25 Apr, 2015 05:22 am
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:
In truth I don't care what N. Korea nor japan thinks.


Which seems very simplistic considering any attack on N. Korea would necessitate the use of Korean and Japanese bases. You're failing to deal with reality, and that is that the US is no longer capable of acting unilaterally without the support of allies, unless you're talking about invading Mexico, Canada or a tiny island nation. Your inability to bomb Syria without the use of British bases says as much, and your quasi unilateral decision to invade Iraq is the reason why so many of your allies are reluctant to go along with any future action.

If America was so powerful you wouldn't have needed to form NATO or the UN.
 

Related Topics

Report: CIA foiled al-Qaida plot - Discussion by Lustig Andrei
Happy New Year from Pakistan - Discussion by djjd62
ISIS or Daesh - Question by usmankhalid665
Nothing about Brussels? - Discussion by McGentrix
Flavors of terrorists - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/18/2021 at 02:30:04