What would John Kerry change in America?

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 09:36 pm
What would John Kerry do with our current situation in Iraq? I don't know because all he has said is "Get more foreign help." I don't think France would join the effort for any president.

What would John Kerry do for the economy. He has said he would raise taxes on the "rich" but I don't think that woul create jobs. He says he would create 10 million jobs in his first year. I don't think FDR style "busy work" jobs help the economy. I don't think his protectionist tax on foreign produced goods will help a damn bit. It would squash competition and raise prices.

John Kerry says he can fix health care. He wants to fully socialize it. I don't agree that the federal government can do anything effectivly though. I also don't think social health care would ever be inacted, the Clintons pushed it for 8 years and it was always firmly rejected. Do any Canadians think their health care system is great. Have any Canadians had to come to the USA for treatment and pay for it out of pocket because the social system was ineffective?

We know what John Kerry voted for on every bill since 1984, but he doesn't present his voting record as representation of his governing philosophy. He tends to stay away from his history. if he has had a "change in heart" why not explain what he has changed his mind on in the last 20 years, and say why he feels differently now. I don't think his ambiguity will help when it comes to debating, or the heat of the pending election.

Who is John Kerry, and what would his presidency change?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 745 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 10:05 pm
Tony,

The main benefit of Kerry is that he is not Bush. But don't underestimate the power or logic of this reason.

The question is not what Kerry will do, but what Kerry will not do.

Hopefully Kerry will not continue the arrogant stance in Iraq. He will not make the same glaring mistakes. He will not approve memos that give a tacit acceptance of terror. He will not squelch and ignore the advice of his military commander. He will not alienate our allies in Europe and other countries.

On the economy, Kerry will presumably not continue the highest defecit in the history of our country. He will not offer the same irresponsible tax cuts to the rich.

For health care Kerry will not get into bed with the Drug and Insurance companies.

There is no ambiguity. Bush is a disaster. He is an idealogue with a uniquely proven record of incompetence.

"Who is John Kerry?" is a good question, but really it isn't that important --

If he is not Bush it will make all the difference in the world.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 10:10 pm
Kerry would not try to win the government size war by spending into future bankrupcy.

Kerry will not be as agressive in the expantionism (not territorial) that some of the hawks favor.

Other that that, I think the biggest difference is that a different side would be whining.
0 Replies

Jose Cuervo

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2004 10:15 pm
U wanna C sumtin Funny... goto

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=759363#759363
0 Replies

the reincarnation of suzy

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 01:33 pm
Here's a thought, Tony...
You could check out his website!
I believe it's www.johnkerry.com
0 Replies