fair pay for neighbor's kid

cjhsa

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 12:27 pm
You guys leave Montana alone, she's one of the sweethearts of A2K.

By the way, sweetheart, what can I get for $20?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 12:31 pm
Thanks CJ :-D

I'll have to think about what you can do for me to earn $20, so I'll get back to you ;-)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 07:56 pm
Miller wrote:
I am right, most women are not in favor of paying extra money.

Not the women I know, Miller. We're very good tippers. We understand about the value of good service since we've been expected to serve others all our lives.

Personally, I would tell him $10/day, then when I returned, if he had done everything he was supposed to, I would reward him with an extra $20-30 for being so responsible. He wouldn't be expecting it, and would probably be thrilled. And you would know you had someone to count on in the future.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 09:27 pm
That sounds like the kind of thing I would do Eva and it sounds like a good plan :-)
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 06:24 am
the reincarnation of suzy wrote:
I think you also have to consider that you have this great kid that you are trusting with a huge asset, your home. If you trust him with that, pay him for that trust. Just give the kid $100. he'll do a superb job and probably some extras.

Good idea! Make out a check to him and then take him to the Bank to open up a savings account. Good way to introduce the boy to the art of saving. Razz
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 06:25 am
Montana wrote:
Miller wrote:
Montana wrote:
lab rat wrote:
We're anticipating he'll spend no more than 40 minutes a day. The grass will have sprinklers on it at that point--he'll just need to water a few corners/edges that the sprinklers won't reach and check to make sure the digital timer is still working with the sprinklers.
Thanks for all the responses!

Then, I think $10 a day would be just fine. Hey, if I lived next door, I'd be happy to do it for $10 a day. Easy money :-D

Do you need the money?

I'll take easy money any day ;-)

But, do you need the money! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 06:39 am
Quote:
Personally, I would tell him $10/day, then when I returned, if he had done everything he was supposed to, I would reward him with an extra $20-30 for being so responsible.

Eva- That is a marvelous idea! In that way, the young man is being reinforced for doing a good job!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 06:45 am
Quote:
Good idea! Make out a check to him and then take him to the Bank to open up a savings account. Good way to introduce the boy to the art of saving.

Miller- I dunno. I don't think that telling the young man what to to with his money is in lab rat's purview. The guy might have other thoughts about what he wanted to do with the money, and would be put off (and might not want to work for lab rat again) if he thought that he was being coerced.

I might say, in a light hearted manner, "Hey, here's the first installment in your first million", or something like that.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 06:55 am
Also, tell him that if you find any evidence of a raucous party, no pay. Wink
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 06:58 am
cavfancier wrote:
Also, tell him that if you find any evidence of a raucous party, no pay. Wink

AND> if there is such a party, his parents will be responsible for the cost of the repairs. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 08:08 am
Miller wrote:
Montana wrote:
Miller wrote:
Montana wrote:
lab rat wrote:
We're anticipating he'll spend no more than 40 minutes a day. The grass will have sprinklers on it at that point--he'll just need to water a few corners/edges that the sprinklers won't reach and check to make sure the digital timer is still working with the sprinklers.
Thanks for all the responses!

Then, I think $10 a day would be just fine. Hey, if I lived next door, I'd be happy to do it for $10 a day. Easy money :-D

Do you need the money?

I'll take easy money any day ;-)

But, do you need the money! Rolling Eyes

Why do you ask?
0 Replies