Colposcopy/Cervical Biopsy

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 08:46 pm
I'm a 23 year old female, put off my first PAP for forever. When i finally went, I had abnormal results, so they scheduled a colposcopy/cervical biopsy. My doctor had warned me about cramping afterward, (my periods every month cause me agony enough to cry and call out of work) she told me they probably wouldnt be so bad. So the procedure itself was uncomfortable but i didnt feel much pain at all. Definitely cramped afterward. However its been 5 days now and the cramps and bleeding are profuse and becoming worse and worse.

If anyone has had this experience and saw a doctor and got an answer please tell me why. Im waiting for my appt in 2 weeks but wondering if i shouldnt demand an earlier appointment.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 684 • Replies: 5

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 09:16 pm
If bleeding is profuse, go to an urgent care clinic if you can't get an appt with your Dr in the next two days or so.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 09:33 pm
Back in my long ago youth I threw up from cramps in public places. Modern medicine has figured that out, thank goodness.

You had a cervical biopsy and colonoscopy, and are having all this happen? Please call that hospital, those practitioners, immediately. Or just go to emergency at the hospital and demand they see you.
Ragman

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 07:24 am
@ossobuco,
Sorry but you've got that wrong...she wrote that she's having a Colposcopy (not Colonoscopy).
ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 11:05 am
@Ragman,
Whoa, you're quite right.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2015 01:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Anything with oscopy at the end makes me twitch.

I hope this young lady is OK.
0 Replies