Another day when there is no God

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 05:01 am
@argome321,
I was pretty sure you were being sarcastic, Argome.

I hope you realize I was being sarcastic in return.

Quote:
Until otherwise proven something with very little or no validity to support it's existence and that doesn't effect my life why think about it?

Well I do it because I find the question to be of tremendous interest. That is why I am here posting in this thread and others like it...because I enjoy it and want to think about it and discuss it.

Considering what you just said...I have to wonder why you are here.

???

argome321

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 05:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Woke up this morning. Still no sign of life on any of the planets circling the nearest 5 stars to Sol.

The statement itself doesn't have to be an admission or existence one way or the other. It could just be an acknowledgement that that person hasn't seen any life.
Though one may infer,maybe correctly or incorrectly, the author of the statement doesn't necessarily imply anything further.
argome321

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 05:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
I posted here because I interpret this post as something being light and not to be taken too seriously.
Hence, the flippant reply by me.

"Another Day When there is no good" seems open to interpretation...something to have fun with.

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 05:16 am
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:

Quote:
Woke up this morning. Still no sign of life on any of the planets circling the nearest 5 stars to Sol.

The statement itself doesn't have to be an admission or existence one way or the other. It could just be an acknowledgement that that person hasn't seen any life.
Though one may infer,maybe correctly or incorrectly, the author of the statement doesn't necessarily imply anything further.

My irony and sarcasm stands.

There are people who think that because there is no evidence of gods...

...that it points to there being no gods.

I say it only points to there being no evidence of gods.

We do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence....and that REALITY may include gods.

Just sayin'!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 05:17 am
@argome321,
argome321 wrote:

I posted here because I interpret this post as something being light and not to be taken too seriously.
Hence, the flippant reply by me.

"Another Day When there is no good" seems open to interpretation...something to have fun with.

Great!

We are both having fun with it.

So don't get too serious. I won't.
argome321

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 05:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Great!

We are both having fun with it.

So don't get too serious. I won't.

Ditto.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 05:56 am
Two hours later. No updates to report.
layman

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 05:59 am
@edgarblythe,
3 hours later: God is putting her dress back on and heading home. And despite being omnipotent, and all, the bitch didn't even cook my breakfast before bolting. I tellya.....
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 07:53 am
I thought I saw 산신 (Sanshin), a local Korean god, today, but it turned out to be just some old white-bearded ****** selling candy. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 10:52 am
I agree with Edgar. After noon...and still no gods or extraterrestrial aliens spotted.

We still don't know if either exists.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 12:35 pm
Hubble don't see nothing wrestling with planets and directing angels.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 12:45 pm
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfb5TgQyQ8G28vL_BM_zl3i9N2i-ED98vUb9kjKCoOfEoZMxA-
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 03:32 pm
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 05:25 pm
wmwcjr cinema Rolling Eyes presents Drunk . . . Take your pick! Smile Cool Twisted Evil

0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2015 05:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfb5TgQyQ8G28vL_BM_zl3i9N2i-ED98vUb9kjKCoOfEoZMxA-

"Admit it, Earthling! You find me attractive, don't you?"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2015 04:49 am
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2015 07:25 am
@Frank Apisa,
Why is the hero of my child hood dancing with that ugly ugly human ?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2015 09:14 pm
I read today, Hubble is taking selfies. Hopefully a temporary diversion.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 07:42 am
It was a joke somebody made about the telescope. If I were having a non forum conversation I would not feel a need to explain that.

I made a vow this morning that if raisins should appear in my cereal bowl as I was preparing it, I would change my approach to the gods questions. But, I had to eat plain cereal again.
FBM

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2015 07:44 am
@edgarblythe,
Now there's an idea. I pledge that if cashews appear in my sauteed pork tonight, I'll go to church on Sunday. Off to start supper. Update at 11.
0 Replies