Another day when there is no God

Olivier5

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 11:00 am
Oh! A glitter of light... Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 11:22 am
This thread was not started to argue about whether or not a god exists. It was for someone that is confirmed in atheism to play. I will not address that kind of thing here. Anybody not following my wish in that regard gets voted down, unread.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 11:42 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Pathetic? Maybe, but you used the words "I defy you", you even cherry picked the threads I should check out that proves you never called anyone a liar. I got a little bored last night and decided to review the way to treat people who disagree with you. You claim Edgar infers you are a troll, infer is a weak word to use when you are claiming he actually called you a troll. And you used the 'infer' because you knew he didn't actually call you a troll. You also said ' I suspect I am the one you are referred to", you can't state that factually, you used suspect for reasons only you know. You did state repeatedly that Edgar doesn't like people disagreeing with him, despite the fact that you are able to deflate his views and he's too childish, resentful and refuses to surrender to you because he lacks common sense. You also crow about how amusing others weak minds are to you, how you laugh and toy with them.

Frank, all of these comments were make on the "troll" thread, you can check for yourself. You think I'm spineless? I already told you directly what I thought, but the only line you zeroed in on was when I described a situation where two people were busy calling "each other liars, lying liars" THATS what frosted you. You completely failed to take into consideration how carefully I expressed my frustration with people who dominate a thread by going on and on and on for pages effectively shutting out any room for anyone one else to post. You should have noticed something else in my rather lengthy posts which only asked can we not make everything so bitterly personal.

Actually Frank, I did say something to you on the Troll thread and I did it directly. I told you what I though, you were too worried about the word liar, you ignored the rest of my remarks and redirected me to more of your comments. When I reminded you I was expressing my opinion (asking sarcastically if I was still allowed to have an opinion) you did say you certainly hoped it didn't appear you were doing anything of the sort.

I don't know if you realize how energy draining it can be to "on command" be asked to reread your old posts so that I would be able to realize that everyone else is a jerk, except you. Well, I was bored last night, you defied me to read your posts and I did. You shouldn't have asked me to do that, because reading you for several eons, I didn't see a patient, respectful individual. You want me to be straight? I didn't find the man you claim to be, at least not in your writing.

I didn't think of you as a troll, I don't have either you or max on ignore. Some of your old conversations with CI were painful to read, and he wasn't much better. So after about 90 minutes I will never get back again, I responded to the totality of your interactions with a few members that others can bank on knowing how insulting you 'infer' they are. I wrote my post last night after indulging in the infallibility of your expression. I was frustrated and annoyed by your tone and your dismissiveness.

It didn't help that you called an earlier rebuke I gave you as bile-filled. I can only imagine what a wonderful childhood and life you must have had, to get so rattled about what I said, to take it so personally you called it bile-filled.

Please understand, I don't have a single reservation with the occasional disagreement or to addressing you personally. My honest take on this is you are much more thin-skinned than I could have imagined. If I thought you would take the time to actually read my entire post, instead of scouring it trying to ascertain how I must has insulted you in some fashion, maybe I would have approached it in a different way. Frank, if you are going to insist that someone read all of your prior responses, you might not be happy with the conclusions they draw. I also think you are probably a much better man in person than in print. I wish you would give others a chance to see you as a complete person.

So may I assume you never found any post where I called you...or anyone else in this forum...a liar?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 11:47 am
@glitterbag,
I usually just tell him to take a Mulligan. Laughing
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 11:58 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
. . .So after about 90 minutes I will never get back again . . .
Which is why I prefer a2king with beverage in hand. If of appropriate C2H5OH %ge, one wll conclude the search with a warm and satisfied disposition.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 01:59 pm
http://gencept.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Beautiful-Landscape-Photography-by-Dmitri-Fomin.jpg
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 02:19 pm
Let me reiterate ---
neologist

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 03:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
You're back.
I shall continue to follow.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 05:04 pm
@timur,
http://blog.deepbluesky.com/blog/-/cheddarvision-tv-cheese-tv_179/

three months in the life of a cheese

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 05:05 pm
@ehBeth,
followed closely in my heart by the corncam

http://207.177.16.189:1212/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=290
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 05:22 pm
@ehBeth,
Who was it - Joyce? - called cheese corpse of milk? I just don't like it.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 05:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
That is why you and I will never marry.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 05:38 pm
Cheesy, cheesy!

(This is a song about vegetables . . . they keep you regular;
they're real good for ya.)

Call any vegetable
(Call any vegetable)
Call it by name
(Call any vegetable)
Call one today
(Call any vegetable)
When you get off the train
(Call any vegetable)
Call any vegetable
And the chances are good
Ooooh! The vegetable
Will respond to you

(Some people don't go for prunes . . . I dunno . . . I've always
found that if they . . . )

Call any vegetable
(Call any vegetable)
Pick up your phone
(Call any vegetable)
Think of a vegetable
(Call any vegetable)
Lonely at home
(Call any vegetable)
Call any vegetable
And the chances are good
That a vegetable will respond to you-hoooo

RUTA-BAY-AY-AYGA RUTA-BAY-AY-AYGA
RUTA-BAY-AY-AYGA RUTA-BAY-AY-AYGA
RUTA-BAYYYYY . . .

(A prune isn't really a vegetable. Cabbage is a vegetable.)

No one will know
If you don't want to let 'em know
No one will know
'Less it's you that might tell 'em so
Call and they'll come to you
Covered with dew
Vegetables dream
Of responding to you
Standing there
Shiny & proud by your side
Holding your hand
While the neighbors decide
Why is a vegetable
Something to hide?

YAR-R-R-R-R-G-H!

- The Mothers of Invention, Frank Zappa
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 08:56 pm
“The planet Mars, I scarcely need remind the reader, revolves about the sun at a mean distance of 140,000,000 miles, and the light and heat it receives from the sun is barely half of that received by this world. It must be, if the nebular hypothesis has any truth, older than our world; and long before this earth ceased to be molten, life upon its surface must have begun its course. The fact that it is scarcely one seventh of the volume of the earth must have accelerated its cooling to the temperature at which life could begin. It has air and water and all that is necessary for the support of animated existence.”
― H.G. Wells, The War of the Worlds
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 02:40 pm
Prairie dog on Mars
https://indianinthemachine.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/marscloseup.jpg?w=350&h=200&crop=1
timur

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 02:41 pm
http://www.placesamazing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/amazing-places-on-earth-2.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 03:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
sheesh

I was so sure that was a sensei when I looked at it with my binoculars.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 04:23 pm
I saw a dog that looked a lot like Lassie on there the other day. No photo.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 09:27 pm
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/subgenius/images/0/08/Mars_protest.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120318024701
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Jul, 2015 08:36 am
That picture was more than twice that size last night.

Let me say that if Jesus had any compassion he would have made my fried eggs turn out better for this morning's breakfast. They looked fine, but inside were runny. I didn't mind and ate mine, but mrs edgarblythe fed most of hers to Rocky, after spurning my offer to cook up some more. No matter how ill the day turns out for me, I am not going to get dressed and go to church.