32
   

Another day when there is no God

 
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 12:40 pm
@InfraBlue,
Could be. That was about thirty years ago.
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 01:05 pm
http://dandyhorsemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Mary1.jpg

city councillor at our nearby (2 blocks?) farmer's market
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 01:08 pm
@ehBeth,
I avoid the Tomball farmer's market. Too many stories of vendors getting their veggies to sell from HEB supermarket.
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 09:47 pm
http://www.healdsburgmuseum.org/content/pomos1910_sm.jpg
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 09:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
They have special certification programs to get into the farmer's markets here. People go out and check the farms/producers. It's a pretty big stinking deal to get in.

0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 09:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
http://metrowestcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/marble-box-lost-and-found.jpg
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 09:55 pm
@edgarblythe,
https://stikiishoes.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/marbles.jpeg
0 Replies
 
hingehead
 
  3  
Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 06:28 pm
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb474/Legot/IfHecouldseeusnow.jpg
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  2  
Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 09:11 am
I still find it amazing that dust from the Sahara travels 5,000 miles to make my wife sick. This after I have witnessed ash from Mt St Helens on my truck, smoke from fires in Central America and a few others I haven't the presence of mind to recall just now.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  6  
Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 09:20 am
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11102852_708885255883077_2432901982964684916_n.jpg?oh=4b5cde02d1aeede40fb450b84f7633b0&oe=565C354C
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 12:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Not to mention the difficulty of grasping the cup without opposable thumbs. If we are to become truly inclusive, we must provide a hoof clip.

Or something.
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 12:25 pm
@neologist,
If I was an inventor-type of person, I would invent a portable cup holder. It would have to be foldable - and it would need a hook to put over public transport seats.

There are already purse holders like that.
neologist
 
  1  
Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 12:34 pm
@ehBeth,
But how will we accomodate the giraffe?
Edgar has introduced an importtant issue.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  2  
Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 05:33 pm
Somewhere in Texas' Big Bend
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11218622_10204833108731464_367892254470660244_n.jpg?oh=26b4b4e7c028a19a66354c7bbb00f2a6&oe=561C4E26
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 09:05 pm
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  2  
Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 09:21 pm
http://www.andreas-doelz.de/amrum-bilder-heide/image/amrum-bilder-heide-bild07.jpg

field of heather in northern Germany

___

I have a painting of heather (heide) that a friend of my dad's father painted in the 1920's. When I was a little kid I thought it was a painting of a field of cooked red cabbage. I knew that veggies came from farms, I just didn't realize that they didn't grow already cooked.
0 Replies
 
glitterbag
 
  4  
Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2015 11:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,

Frank Apisa wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/funny-pictures-auto-comics-god-375057.jpeg


Atheists are "believers" just like theists. They just "believe" in opposite directions.

YOU are a "believer" Edgar. YOU "believe" there are no gods.

The sensible, reasonable, logical position on the issue of the existence or non-existence of a god or gods...


...is to acknowledge that you do not know; there is no reason to suspect gods cannot exist; there is no reason to suspect gods have to exist...and the evidence is too ambiguous to guess in either direction.




Oh my gosh, I never thought of it that way before. That's an interesting take on other people's opinion. Perhaps, and I say this with all due respect, (I'm taking a page from the courtesy you extend almost to a fault regardless of how stupidly people insist on expressing a different view despite knowing full well the only person on earth who truly understands that those WRONG HEADED people know they are full of crap, STILL, stubbornly refuse to acknowledge your superiority in the smarts and decency departments) you should be more forceful in insisting how brilliant you are? I'm afraid some folk still defy your authority and casually express an opinion they didn't run past you first. Frankly, I'm appalled that you have let us get away with all our stupid thinking processes as long as you have.

Speaking for myself alone, I spent many years in Catholic institutions of learning (some refer to these places as school, college and such) and I should really have recognized your alpha dog status, when you consider the structure of the Catholic school and Church, and then of course all those years working with DOD, I'm reeling from the notion that I haven't buckled under your superiority sooner.

So, I have resolved to first look for your views on religion, possible religion, and no religion (please forgive me if I didn't use the proper terminology) because unlike the other stubborn people here, I really need to hear more on your views regarding the only conclusion anyone can possibly come to as you have so delicately pointed out with amazing patience, respect, consideration, grace under pressure, and all things a truly decent person could ever muster when dealing with so many of us undeserving mouth breathers.

This might be the only time I have been grateful I wasn't born a male. It's apparent that I could never be as fine an example of manhood as you, and I would be crushed by my own inadequate attempts to achieve ultimate macho, or whatever brilliant men like you call it.

I will content myself with being but a mere woman grateful to bask in the warm glow of you, our divine lamp of knowledge. But you have opened my eyes, and I must thank you and apologize for all the previous times when I expressed opinions I should have realized were verboten. I can tell you one thing for sure, if I ever run into this Edgar guy who stubbornly refused to acknowledge your inate superiority of reasoning, I will thrash him. Only of course, if you give me permission, my brave leader.
Frank Apisa
 
  -3  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 03:30 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:


Frank Apisa wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/funny-pictures-auto-comics-god-375057.jpeg


Atheists are "believers" just like theists. They just "believe" in opposite directions.

YOU are a "believer" Edgar. YOU "believe" there are no gods.

The sensible, reasonable, logical position on the issue of the existence or non-existence of a god or gods...


...is to acknowledge that you do not know; there is no reason to suspect gods cannot exist; there is no reason to suspect gods have to exist...and the evidence is too ambiguous to guess in either direction.




Oh my gosh, I never thought of it that way before. That's an interesting take on other people's opinion. Perhaps, and I say this with all due respect, (I'm taking a page from the courtesy you extend almost to a fault regardless of how stupidly people insist on expressing a different view despite knowing full well the only person on earth who truly understands that those WRONG HEADED people know they are full of crap, STILL, stubbornly refuse to acknowledge your superiority in the smarts and decency departments) you should be more forceful in insisting how brilliant you are? I'm afraid some folk still defy your authority and casually express an opinion they didn't run past you first. Frankly, I'm appalled that you have let us get away with all our stupid thinking processes as long as you have.

Speaking for myself alone, I spent many years in Catholic institutions of learning (some refer to these places as school, college and such) and I should really have recognized your alpha dog status, when you consider the structure of the Catholic school and Church, and then of course all those years working with DOD, I'm reeling from the notion that I haven't buckled under your superiority sooner.

So, I have resolved to first look for your views on religion, possible religion, and no religion (please forgive me if I didn't use the proper terminology) because unlike the other stubborn people here, I really need to hear more on your views regarding the only conclusion anyone can possibly come to as you have so delicately pointed out with amazing patience, respect, consideration, grace under pressure, and all things a truly decent person could ever muster when dealing with so many of us undeserving mouth breathers.

This might be the only time I have been grateful I wasn't born a male. It's apparent that I could never be as fine an example of manhood as you, and I would be crushed by my own inadequate attempts to achieve ultimate macho, or whatever brilliant men like you call it.

I will content myself with being but a mere woman grateful to bask in the warm glow of you, our divine lamp of knowledge. But you have opened my eyes, and I must thank you and apologize for all the previous times when I expressed opinions I should have realized were verboten. I can tell you one thing for sure, if I ever run into this Edgar guy who stubbornly refused to acknowledge your inate superiority of reasoning, I will thrash him. Only of course, if you give me permission, my brave leader.


This is pathetic, Glitterbag, but I guess "pathetic" is where you have to go when you see something you cannot dispute.

When you grow the spine to discuss what you found objectionable about my comments...let me know. I'll be here.
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 08:39 am
0 Replies
 
glitterbag
 
  3  
Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2015 10:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
Pathetic? Maybe, but you used the words "I defy you", you even cherry picked the threads I should check out that proves you never called anyone a liar. I got a little bored last night and decided to review the way to treat people who disagree with you. You claim Edgar infers you are a troll, infer is a weak word to use when you are claiming he actually called you a troll. And you used the 'infer' because you knew he didn't actually call you a troll. You also said ' I suspect I am the one you are referred to", you can't state that factually, you used suspect for reasons only you know. You did state repeatedly that Edgar doesn't like people disagreeing with him, despite the fact that you are able to deflate his views and he's too childish, resentful and refuses to surrender to you because he lacks common sense. You also crow about how amusing others weak minds are to you, how you laugh and toy with them.

Frank, all of these comments were make on the "troll" thread, you can check for yourself. You think I'm spineless? I already told you directly what I thought, but the only line you zeroed in on was when I described a situation where two people were busy calling "each other liars, lying liars" THATS what frosted you. You completely failed to take into consideration how carefully I expressed my frustration with people who dominate a thread by going on and on and on for pages effectively shutting out any room for anyone one else to post. You should have noticed something else in my rather lengthy posts which only asked can we not make everything so bitterly personal.

Actually Frank, I did say something to you on the Troll thread and I did it directly. I told you what I though, you were too worried about the word liar, you ignored the rest of my remarks and redirected me to more of your comments. When I reminded you I was expressing my opinion (asking sarcastically if I was still allowed to have an opinion) you did say you certainly hoped it didn't appear you were doing anything of the sort.

I don't know if you realize how energy draining it can be to "on command" be asked to reread your old posts so that I would be able to realize that everyone else is a jerk, except you. Well, I was bored last night, you defied me to read your posts and I did. You shouldn't have asked me to do that, because reading you for several eons, I didn't see a patient, respectful individual. You want me to be straight? I didn't find the man you claim to be, at least not in your writing.

I didn't think of you as a troll, I don't have either you or max on ignore. Some of your old conversations with CI were painful to read, and he wasn't much better. So after about 90 minutes I will never get back again, I responded to the totality of your interactions with a few members that others can bank on knowing how insulting you 'infer' they are. I wrote my post last night after indulging in the infallibility of your expression. I was frustrated and annoyed by your tone and your dismissiveness.

It didn't help that you called an earlier rebuke I gave you as bile-filled. I can only imagine what a wonderful childhood and life you must have had, to get so rattled about what I said, to take it so personally you called it bile-filled.

Please understand, I don't have a single reservation with the occasional disagreement or to addressing you personally. My honest take on this is you are much more thin-skinned than I could have imagined. If I thought you would take the time to actually read my entire post, instead of scouring it trying to ascertain how I must has insulted you in some fashion, maybe I would have approached it in a different way. Frank, if you are going to insist that someone read all of your prior responses, you might not be happy with the conclusions they draw. I also think you are probably a much better man in person than in print. I wish you would give others a chance to see you as a complete person.














 

Related Topics

Is "God" just our conscience? - Question by Groomers123
believe in god! - Question by roammer
The existence of God - Question by jwagner
Are Gods Judgments righteous? - Discussion by Smileyrius
What did God do on Day 8? - Question by HesDeltanCaptain
What do you think about world? - Question by Joona
 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/06/2019 at 01:47:59