Another day when there is no God

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2015 10:49 am
We are trained from the cradle to consider one color as viable. I was lucky. I am dark enough to get mistaken for other ethnicities. I've been stopped by police and asked for my papers. My own wife asked if I was Mexican just after we met. I've been charged with being Jew, Italian - It gives a bit of perspective to feel that racist tinge in their words. Mostly I just laughed at those people.
Ragman

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2015 11:45 am
@edgarblythe,
so many ways to be judged, pigeon-holed, classified, ratified, stratified. Wonder if we'll ever progress as a humans...or just put ourselves out of business through 'natural' (our own nature's) means. Call it a fatal flaw.

As a species, we won't be killed off by global warming or atmospheric toxicity of the natural resources. We'll just make ourselves extinct through own stupidity.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2015 12:08 pm
@Ragman,
I just read that we are in the next mass extinction of species. You never know which ones will survive.
Ragman

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2015 12:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
As comedian Geo Carlin said, The earth will still be here....but mankind is fucked.
thack45

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2015 01:05 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

so many ways to be judged, pigeon-holed, classified, ratified, stratified. Wonder if we'll ever progress as a humans....

We have progressed a great deal, but I don't know that we can overcome prejudices. It's sort of in our nature.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2015 01:06 pm
@Ragman,
And as Einstein put it, I don't know with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2015 01:07 pm
Ragman: A guy I once worked with said, on one of his jobs, he went with a group to test suspected contamination spots around the nation. He also said we are screwed.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 Jun, 2015 10:09 pm
http://maxcdn.thedesigninspiration.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Fashion-Zoo-Animals-0101.jpg
hingehead

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 12:18 am
@edgarblythe,
What a load of bull.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 03:03 am
@edgarblythe,
Wow...you are dark.

But you don't seem Mexican to me. You seem bull-headed.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 07:46 am
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason
- Ben Franklin
Ragman

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 09:14 am
@edgarblythe,
Talk about an unfair world...
I used to work right near one of those Toxic waste sites ...'capped off' Superfund Cleanup sites in Woburn, Mass. When there was a foggy night, you could smell just how bad it really was. Pollution from a tannery where horse and animal hides were buried after being reduced down. I guess there was arsenic and old lace...and whatnot. John Revolting acted in a movie about this a legal thriller.

Let me see..it was called "A Civil Action", 1998 movie...not a critically acclaimed movie.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:40 am
I remember the title. Well, I know some kinds of animals and plants can survive our pollution. Perhaps the next round in evolution will not produce anything nearer humans than apes or monkeys. I can't say it would be a tragedy.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 12:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I think that those who are thumbing this post down did NOT look to see the post it was replying to. Context makes all the difference.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 01:23 pm
@mesquite,
We thumb down Apisa because we don't want to read about guessing for thousands of posts. I'm sorry. He took it too far and I don't want the thread to revolve around him.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 03:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason
- Ben Franklin

Why do YOU rely on "faith", Edgar?

You offer your "faith" comments as though they are revelations from on-high.

Why?

Why not open the eye of reason.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 03:31 pm
@mesquite,
The "thumbing" function is a joke, Mesquite.

I pay no attention to it at all.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 07:45 pm
It is commonly said that Neanderthals went extinct. But is it extinction when they contributed a noticeable amount of DNA to humans. Thinking about this makes me wonder if the other non sapiens that have been shown to have existed before that also interbred. I haven't read speculation about it, but why not? Men in particular often are attracted to non human sex. A local guy keeps getting arrested for trying to sex people's horses.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:54 pm
http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/Photography/Images/Content/uranus-moon-miranda-303545-sw.jpg
FBM

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 11:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
Helluva image, Edgar. What's it of? Are we that close to Ceres already?
0 Replies