Another day when there is no God

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 10:23 pm
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0nC8eMPNfLlzp5CBPhs4R-hJL9msC57CzjmFLcP8hx16_tiEY3A
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 10:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Is Arab spring over yet? Where we get hailed as liberators and like dominoes down go dictators, replaced by oil laden democracies? Ah, the lord smiled on us when he allowed Cheney and whatsisname to take the reins of government. Raamen, dog. Raamen.

I think everybody's focused on FIFA right now. Speaking of cold days in hell, even the Americans are.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 10:49 pm
@FBM,
That's just as important.Football spring. Where the execs go down like dominoes and honest sports breaks out.
FBM

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 10:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
The locals are football-mad around here, but at the moment they're dealing with a Mers virus outbreak, so they're too busy trying not to die so much. I doubt they'd give a rat's ass whether the sport was honest, if they could see a way to improve their ranking.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2015 11:10 pm
When I worked with a man from Mexico and at the same time one from Central America, we sneaked a TV into a vacant apartment to watch football. They got miffed at me for being disappointed when Japan lost to a Latin American team. I tried to be passive, but they easily read my face. I think that was the initial spark that got the Mexican to conclude in months ahead that I don't like Mexicans. Long story, but he eventually began to lose it and had to move on.
FBM

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 12:02 am
@edgarblythe,
I hear ya. I root for one team and one team only, and it ain't the US...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 07:24 am
Dog must kick the football (sun) down the field. Another adequate day.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 08:12 am
@edgarblythe,
Yup...another day were we have absolutely no idea if there are gods...or if the odds favor having gods over not having gods.

And still there are people who will insist there is at least one god...and others who will insist there are none.

Different day...same nonsense.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 10:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
And the world continues merrily along.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 11:43 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Yup...another day were we have absolutely no idea if there are gods...or if the odds favor having gods over not having gods.

And still there are people who will insist there is at least one god...and others who will insist there are none.

Different day...same nonsense.
That may be very true, Frank. But do you not guess that, if a God exists, He would have informed us by now why we have so doggoned much misery?

He either did - or He didn't. He either is - or He isn't

Or, I guess you could just sit on the fence like the proverbial mugwump.
thack45

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 11:49 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
But do you not guess that, if a God exists, He would have informed us

That'll do
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 11:57 am
@neologist,
If you want to suppose what a god might have to do...do so. Me...I don't do that kind of thing.

If there is a god...the god may not care one iota about what we are experiencing or not experiencing.

If you want to sit on a fence...sit on one. I don't do fence sitting.
neologist

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 12:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well, I accuse you of mugwumperry!

And thack of wumperry
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 01:58 pm
The fool says in his heart that there is no dog. And yet I just gave him a Pupperoni.
neologist

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 02:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Do you not fear the brown cloud?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 03:00 pm
@neologist,
I send dog out the doggy door.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 03:09 pm
Oh, is that where he came from:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZlQGHmzGQOV4pwniBLCTWHB5OiEcyuVGR64RxyJBC2easQ85XeA
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 03:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ahh, the wisdom of yore.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 03:24 pm
@neologist,
He has offered me a gnaw on the sacred chew toy, more often than once. And I am not worthy. I settle for the sacrament of the coffee.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2015 03:25 pm
@neologist,
Talk about looking at a glass that is half full and declaring it bone dry.