edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:19 am
@Olivier5,
I wear the badge proudly.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:26 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

WHY DOES THE TOPIC OF ATHEISTS BRING OUT THE CREEPS?

For the same reason the topic of baseball brings out lovers of baseball????

One possible reason.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:33 am
@edgarblythe,
That makes two of us.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 01:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't think their love of baseball is a good reason to attack atheists.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 02:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgar...most of us are not attacking atheists...anymore than atheists are attacking theists.

Atheists often disagree with theists on significant issues...and the disagreements are aired here and in other Internet forums.

Some of us disagree with atheists on significant issues...and the disagreements are aired here and in other Internet forums.

I really hope you do not have a problem with that.

As a "for instance" this thread is titled "Another day when there is no God."

I disagree with that completely...and even though you wrote those words...you should disagree with it also, because it is not logical.

This IS another day when there is no proof or evidence of a GOD...

...but in no way can that logically be used to assert there is no GOD...here, there, today, yesterday...or any other day or place.

This is as it should be...discussion about differences.

Why does it bother you so?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 02:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Oh...about the baseball...

...well...the less said about that, the better!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 02:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well, Frank, it's like this. When a theist says I believe in God, I don't crash his thread and start an argument with him. If that thread devolves into a mess I might throw in a few comments. But you will note, theists and agnostics can't wait to tell an atheist he is not allowed to be an atheist.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 03:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Well, Frank, it's like this. When a theist says I believe in God, I don't crash his thread and start an argument with him. If that thread devolves into a mess I might throw in a few comments. But you will note, theists and agnostics can't wait to tell an atheist he is not allowed to be an atheist.

There is no way any theist or agnostic has suggested that you not be allowed to be an atheist, Edgar.

And if anyone were to do that...I damn well would be all over that person in an instant...as would most of the agnostics here.

If you do not want to involve yourself in threads that involve philosophical stances that differ from yours...don't do it. But don't tell the rest of us that we cannot do it. When you do that...you are doing what you are complaining about above.

In any case, if you think you can start a thread dealing with atheism in this forum...and require (or even request) that non-atheists not participate...

...you simply are posting in the wrong place.

There may be places on the Internet where that is allowed...and tolerated...

...but this is not that place.

And frankly, Edgar...by starting a thread titled, "Another day when there is no God"...you ARE starting an argument with theists and agnostics.

I have no idea of why you think we should not be allowed to argue back...but it simply is not going to work.

I love ya, Edgar...I understand where you are coming from. I agree with much of what you say. But on this point (we should not "crash" this thread and argue the issue)...you are absolutely wrong.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 03:19 pm
I started this thread on a humorous note and was not arguing, until others dropped in and argued.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 03:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I started this thread on a humorous note and was not arguing, until others dropped in and argued.

Yeah...we've been getting a lot of that "this was meant to be humorous" stuff lately. Wonder what is going on with that???

But, okay...it was intended to be humor.

So...consider all the stuff that has been posted after your initial remarks to be just funnin' with you. Just like you intended that to be humor...I've intended my remarks to be coming from a humor position also.

But so that I understand completely...did you honestly think that you would be able to post the initial comments of this thread and your initial follow up comments...

...without some humorous arguing being directed your way in return???

All this sound like that "lord" guy from the Bible putting a tree in the center of a garden and telling some unsuspecting, innocents not to eat the fruit of it...and expecting them actually not to eat it!

All said in fun, of course.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 03:34 pm
I didn't post about crepes or creeps. I merely was enjoying myself.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 03:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
I understand that, Edgar.

Which is why my very first post in this thread started with the words:

Quote:
@edgarblythe,
As a fun thread…this is fine, Edgar…clever and humorous.

But there is a serious aspect to it…and I suspect there is a serious subtext intended. I’d like to discuss it a bit in a friendly way…without anger or insults, if possible.
0 Replies

layman

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 03:53 pm
@edgarblythe,
God is a BIG guy, from what I hear-tell, Ed. 8' 7" tall weighing 350 pounds, all muscle. Not somebody to go funnin round with, if ya catch my drift.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 04:07 pm
EdgarB, what I most want to know: is there a Dog?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 04:31 pm
Relax, people. I have all the answers. I am, how you say, omniscient: smarter than the average bear. Layman's god, without cleats, couldn't be over six eight. Yes, Osso, there is a dog. So you can bay at it at night. And, Frank, you don't need a brain. This chip I took from my old desk computer is all you need and to click your shoes together a few times.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 08:42 pm
@layman,
ROFL !
0 Replies

Patches

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:26 pm
I bear witness and give testimony to having seen my Savior Jesus, the Son of God when I was a 9 year old child. I was completely awake and it was not a delusion nor a hallucination.
FBM

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:28 pm
@Patches,
Thank you for that invaluable personal anecdote. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:35 pm
When I was nine I saw Charles Darwin walking on the sparkling lake one early morning. He beckoned me over and said, "What year did they invent the hotdog. I want one. With a tall root beer."
FBM

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
Heehee...

Y'know, if you put root beer in a square glass, it's just beer.