Another day when there is no God

neologist

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 10:34 am
@timur,
I have no idea what you think.
That doesn't mean I won't hazard a guess now and then.
timur

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 10:38 am
@neologist,
I don't mind as long as they are educated guesses..
neologist

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 11:00 am
@timur,
I've been to the school of bard knocks.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 06:36 pm
What if there really was a god and it was an atheist? Do you think its ancestral god would be hurt? Maybe burn this god in hell?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 09:20 pm
Furthermore, I saw a squirrel just in time to avoid running it over. Think a god would have stepped in? You can bet your bippy it would have allowed the squirrel to get flat.
hingehead

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 09:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, but god made you that way. Just to save the squirrel. And win that football game.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 09:33 pm
Yeah, but it let a bird fly head on into my pick up a few years ago.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 May, 2015 10:37 pm
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5xR6AbUs4PxAthcRxjrHPJMtPOtIasKq70-eflGocfaoo4EZy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 10:07 am
Well, we are about to be off to my retirement lunch. It begins at noon, but we want to go by the office first. It was my dedication and hard work that we are celebrating today. Some of the corporate people have said they will be there. No thanks to any imaginative reading of the universe or spirit worlds.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 11:50 am
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
Ol' Zeke had it going on, too:

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20
edgarblythe wrote:
Is that a literal translation? Confused
FBM wrote:
All the English versions are pretty much the same: http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/23-20.htm
A prophetic description of God's view of unfaithful Jerusalem. Saucy language can be found in many places. I have often mused over the ladies' bible reading social going over the words of Rabsheka at Isaiah 36:12:
Quote:
But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?
Older copies of the King James Version may be found to have another word in place of 'dung'.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 12:54 pm
I knew a man who was head of a very religious family. But, he had this compulsion to pick out and show me passages about they that pisseth against walls. I guess it was to show he was a regular feller, not some old stick in the mud. I liked the man, but something like that did not enhance the feeling.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 01:08 pm
Back in my pot smoking days, there was an expression all heads knew and used:

If you do not smoke pot and you have a friend who does...and that friend does not make frequent attempts to get you to smoke it...

...find a new friend, because that person is not a friend.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 02:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hey.
I didn't bring it up.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 04:12 pm
@neologist,
True, but I felt compelled to pass it along anyway.
neologist

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 06:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
You have a compelling personality, edgar.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 06:48 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

...I have often mused over the ladies' bible reading social going over the words of Rabsheka at Isaiah 36:12:
Quote:
But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?
Older copies of the King James Version may be found to have another word in place of 'dung'.

That's disgusting. Wall-sitting. http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/puke.gif
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 07:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Another day when there is no God

Now that you mention it, I did wonder why there has been so little smiting lately. Has god retired? Is he on strike? Unemployed What?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 08:14 pm
I don't know for sure. Maybe neo is warding him off.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 08:17 pm
@Thomas,
I am smitten on a regular basis, but it's because these students' skirts keep getting shorter and shorter. Once I leave campus, I'm OK again.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 May, 2015 09:33 pm
http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/silhouette-of-dog-on-beach-at-sunset-susan-schmitz.jpg
0 Replies