Does "the accommodations" refer to "the modification"?

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 06:38 am
the modification of internal representations in order to accommodate a changing knowledge of reality?

Context:

You believe that "life starts at the moment of conception." You believe that there are souls in each of these blastocysts and that the interests of one soul!athe soul of a little girl with burns over 75 percent of her body, say!acannot trump the interests of another soul, even if that soul happens to live inside a Petri dish. Given the accommodations we have made to faith-based irrationality in our public discourse, it is often suggested, even by advocates of stem-cell research, that your position on this matter has some degree of moral legitimacy. It does not. Your resistance to embryonic stem-cell research is, at best, uninformed. There is, in fact, no moral reason for our federal government's unwillingness to fund this work. We should throw
immense resources into stem-cell research, and we should do so immediately. Because of what Christians like yourself believe about souls, we are not doing this. In fact, several states have made such work illegal. If one experiments on a blastocyst in South Dakota, for instance, one
risks spending years in prison.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 258 • Replies: 1
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
PUNKEY
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2015 07:41 am
In this sentence, "accommodation" means 'adjustment of differences" or "comply"

0 Replies