Who is the most dangerous poster on A2K?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 10:50 pm
Something about a uprising.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 08:48 am
Babelfish can't handle nimhbo's Dutch...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 09:14 am
If it were Dutch Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:05 pm
.. / -.. --- -. .----. - / ... .--. . .- -.- / -.. ..- - -.-. .... / . .. - .... . .-.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:08 pm
LOL

You people make up your mind what you want me to be, OK, Dutch or Norwegian or what is it? Razz

cavfancier wrote:
Yeah, nimh...can't trust those Norwegians.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:10 pm
Whoooo .... and Timber is Morseian. Cool. Always did think he had an alien streak about him.

Impressive command of Norwegian, by the way Timber! Or were you using the same online translator as I was? ;-)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:13 pm
nimh wrote:
LOL

You people make up your mind what you want me to be, OK, Dutch or Norwegian or what is it? Razz

cavfancier wrote:
Yeah, nimh...can't trust those Norwegians.

I vote for Manx. Smile
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:21 pm
Nah, I cheated ... a neighbor who speaks a bit of Norwegian, Swedish, and Durch (she's a native Danish speaker) helped ... couldn't get it all, but got the gist of it. I thought it was Dutch at first too, but said it was Norwegian and figured most of it out.

The Morse I did on my own Mr. Green
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:23 pm
Even us one-language types could get "revolution kommen"...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:38 pm
Tough question. I'd have to say Craven takes the cake for being the all around most dangerous. His responses are so thorough and so fast I suspect he records information at about the same pace as google. He is on about 99% of the time.

Try crossing facts with Setanta and you're doomed. He will subtly, politely crush you. I think I've read everything he's ever written on A2K and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed he writes a book.

Joefromchicago does the best job I've ever seen of consistently arguing the wrong side of a topic. If I had to guess; I'd say he frequently chooses the wrong side on purpose because arguing the right side is just too easy for him.

I could add a couple dozen names to Craven's list without naming all the people that I learn from regularly and there are a couple hundred members I have a great deal of respect for, but these three make me take a deep breath and consider my position before I'll even engage.

Of course, I may have misunderstood the question. If you meant most dangerous to innocent furry animals... It's Gus hands down.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:43 pm
well, although it sucks a bit to say that after that particular person's post I would say Occom Bill although we had no debates so far.
I am saying Occom Bill because his political views are different then mine - Craven and Setanta are great (as well as many others) but I doubt we will have serious debates ever, because we are generally on same position. So, it would be too lame to pick one of them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:50 pm
Everybody on Craven's list, plus setanta and ebrown. It's hard for me to be critical of ebrown in particular, since I agree with him/her 99.9% of the time.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:50 pm
I agree with Bill here, with the proviso that Craven really needs a girlfriend. However, priorties are priorities, but a good lay may help Craven with his dual nature.

I love reading Joefromchicago's posts. I think he may be writing LSAT test questions now. It's always a pleasure to see how people react to his posts. Mind you, Craven is also very good at arguing both sides in any argument.

Setanta, what can we say except yes indeed, except he is often not subtle at all, which really adds to his charm, IMO. His knowledge balances out his sometimes vitrilolic responses to people who are in fact, complete idiots. Smile
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 05:58 pm
Hm ... as someone who's been at the receiving end of Setanta's "vitrilolic responses" several times, that now leaves me wondering what Cav thinks of me ... ;-)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:00 pm
nimh wrote:
Hm ... as someone who's been at the receiving end of Setanta's "vitrilolic responses" several times, that now leaves me wondering what Cav thinks of me ... ;-)

It's never personal with Setanta, I've been there too, and met the man. :wink: He's just a bad doggie sometimes.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2004 06:32 pm
My early engagements with set has been quite 'unpleasant,' but we managed to have an 'understanding' that put us in the right footing. I'm glad I'm at that point. I'm too much of a weakling to fight with bulls.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 04:37 am
It's fairly easy to tell when Setanta is responding to an idiot, or actually engaging a respected member in a proper debate. Namely, if your interaction moves beyond one exchange, you're okay.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 07:42 am
Setanta and i have something in common, which creates a sort of 'camaraderie', and protects us from each other; we are 'never' [/size]wrong! Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 07:54 am
Actually, i was wrong once--i apologized for having been mistaken, when i actually had been pre-eminently correct.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2004 07:55 am
Setanta wrote:
Actually, i was wrong once--i apologized for having been mistaken, when i actually had been pre-eminently correct.

I would hardly call that wrong. Diplomacy perhaps.
0 Replies