Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 06:13 am
Ken Jennings... is... Jeopardy Man.
On the Monday, June 21st he won $31,601, extending his winning streak to 14, and bringing his cumulative total to $471,759.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,208 • Replies: 16
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 07:31 am
Ok. Now what?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 07:39 am
you're just jealous of Jeopardy Man...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 10:02 am
Would Jeopardy Man be willing to donate a little to a fine cause in Brighton, Mass.?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2004 10:12 am
Idea
maybe he'll google himself in a few weeks, find this thread, and feel compelled to donate to A2k...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 07:42 am
Jeopardy Man's a Millionaire (from playing Jeopardy)
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2004 09:17 am
Does he get to continue playing thus amassing an even greater wealth? Perhaps in a few years he will rival Bill Gates as the richest person!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2004 08:07 am
apparently he's still playing and winning...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 03:07 pm
it hadda end sometime for Jeopardy Man

Is Ken Jennings' 'Jeopardy!' run over?
Posting on Web site may reveal end

Thursday, September 9, 2004 Posted: 3:55 PM EDT (1955 GMT)

Editor's Note: The Associated Press provided this story to news outlets, and gives details below.
If you'd prefer to not know anything, stop reading now.

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Has Ken Jennings ended his "Jeopardy!" streak?

A report posted Wednesday on TV Week's Web site said the brainy software engineer lost in a show taped Tuesday, walking away after his 75th straight game with about $2.5 million overall in cash and prizes. The magazine cited unidentified sources and said the show would air later this fall.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 03:12 pm
But, but, but...Ken is my hero; he can't lose!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2004 07:16 pm
everyone's upset about this:

http://www.pearls.org/images/crying.jpghttp://www.healingdaily.com/conditions/depressed.jpghttp://www.cqc.state.ny.us/Danweb/images/painting%20of%20sad.jpg
http://www.netwiz.net/~bds4me/lastep/81-sad-pullaway.jpg

well, almost everyone

http://www.el-mundo.es/2000resumen/imagenes/bush.jpg
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 03:24 am
Well, it's official now. Sad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 06:06 am
Now he can write a book, and make a few more millions that way. I am sure that job offers will be pouring in.

I say "Bravo" for Ken. He certainly is a better role model for kids than some of the other stuff that you see on TV. It is nice to see someone rewarded for excellence!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 07:27 pm
it looked like he threw the game on purpose, totally fed up with shaking treback's hand over and over and over...

don't think you'll see another run like that anytime soon... because he's... Jeopardy Man!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 10:34 am
'Jeopardy Man' Jennings Rips Show, Trebek

NEW YORK (AP) -- "Jeopardy!" ace Ken Jennings, who won $2.5 million during his 74-game winning streak, has a few unkind words to say about the show -- and dapper host Alex Trebek.

"I know, I know, the old folks love him," Jennings writes in a recent posting, titled "Dear Jeopardy!" on his Web site.

"Nobody knows he died in that fiery truck crash a few years back and was immediately replaced with the Trebektron 4000 (I see your engineers still can't get the mustache right, by the way)."

Jennings also takes aim at the show's "effete, left-coast" categories and "same-old" format.

"You're like the Dorian Gray of syndication," he says. "You seem to think 'change' means replacing a blue polyethylene backdrop with a slightly different shade of blue polyethylene backdrop every presidential election or so."

In a posting Jennings made Tuesday, he calls the entry "a humor piece."
(from CNN)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 11:27 am
Wow….I read Ken's article, and that was a pretty low blow, especially considering it was written by a conservative Utah Mormon who's idea of hip is displayed in the hair style he wears.

Frankly, I'm not a big fan of Alex, but that's just because his sense of humor is so lame….Like when he makes his guests tell a little story about themselves.

"Marissa, I understand you had an experience with eating an entire loaf of whole wheat bread, care to share"

Otherwise, hey, he asks the questions, they get answered.

I really hope he was joking about changing the categories "reality programs" (shudder)…Jeopardy is the last bastion of intelligence in game shows, and he wants to dumb it down.

Bad move Ken, I'm disappointed in you.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 26 Jul, 2006 01:51 pm
If someone gave me $2.5 million the last thing I would do is trash him. Thanks to Alex the guy is a millionaire. Talk about no appreciation!
0 Replies