Does everyone agree that we evolved from Africa?

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 01:19 am
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 03:48 am
@Setanta,
Of course I used to say the same thing. But really, there’s nothing really unrealistic about it all. Quite cool.
https://arkencounter.com
Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 04:13 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Ah, you've expanded the frontiers of ignorance. Now you're a shill for a creationist theme park? For your sake, I hope they pay you well. The dimensions given for the so-called ark are greater than the dimensions of the Wyoming, the largest wooden ship for which there is a reliable historical record. That is if one takes the smallest dimension for a cubit--the dimensions given for that hilariously impossible boat you're banging on about are for a vessel that would not be safe on placid lake, never mind an ocean. You've also got the problem of the geezers crew. Leaving aside the obvious lie about the age of Noah, his wife and his sons and their wives, you've got to account for keeping that silly boat from swamping and going belly up in a heavy sea. There is just so much wrong about that idiot claim, one hardly knows where to start.

You obviously know nothing about nautical engineering or the conditions at sea in even good weather, let alone on a planet-girdling ocean beset by storms. Then there's the problem of the volume of water. Where did the water sufficient to cover all the mountains to a depth of at least seven meters come from, and what happened to it after the alleged flood? Really, the stupidity of religious fanatics knows no bounds.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 04:49 am
@Setanta,
The answers to your questions can be found through the link I gave, as well as google of course.
One of the main differences between the largest ship ever built on record and the ark was at the ark did not have sails to add extra tension/twisting Which could sink the boat. All the ark had to do was float, not sail. It was built 6:1 ratio which is best for seaworthiness. You are comparing apples to oranges when you make such statements.
Ancient civilizations could build things we could not today like pyramids.

As for the life spans of people who lived before the flood, this is just the reflection of the different climate and conditions they lived in.
Take for example before the flood everything was bigger. There was giant insects, giant mammals, giant reptiles giant plant life, giant people....(Because of the different climate in conditions they lived in.)
For example, it is impossible in today’s climate for a bipedal reptile weighing in at several tons To exist, yet not be possible in the past.

Also, the mountains we observe today were just minor Hills if anything before the flood. There have been fossils of sea creatures found at the top of these mountains. There was and is more than enough water to submerge all the dryland on earth if it was more flat, Which it obviously was.
It definitely seems that all the oil fields, and fossils globally our best explained by a global flood.
It seems we did not evolve from Africa, but rather migrated from Africa, from where the ark landed.

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 08:43 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
you actually believe all this crap eh?

Im sure youre hppy, but probably not trained as a scientist or engineer, (youre too easy to befuddle)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 08:49 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
PS, where is this "Ark"?? I heard about some clown who beleived he found it on Mt Ararat in Turkey but it turned out to be a "minicline" in the snow covered rock strata.

Science refutes anything about a "Global Flood" (all based on really hrd evidence), no 'global flood" in a time during which humans EXISTED. The closest to one was back during the CoLumbian orogenies but the planet was even then composed of many large island protocontinents devoid of terrestrial life.

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 09:44 am
@farmerman,
This is coming from a person who claims that science refutes the existence of an intelligent designer.🤷‍♂️Thanks again for your opinion,But quite the opposite is true!
Ragman

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 10:53 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
And why is that? Because you say it is true?Try to convince people using logic or facts. Oh wait, you have none to offer. I thought so.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 01:09 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Your reding comprehension skills really do need some buffing up. I said tht the evidence rfutes a worlwide FLOOD. As far as gods go, I really havent spent anytime looking around because we really dont know HOW now do we??
Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 01:58 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
I haven't asked any questions. You really don't pay attention when you start ranting your religious nonsense.

All ships, even those built of steel plates "work" while in the water. They pitch (rock back and forth like a rocking horse), they roll (rolling from side to side along the long axis) and they yaw, which is the combined effect of pitching and rolling. That's complete bullshit about just floating. All you do is display the depth of your ignorance.

There is zero evidence that humans lived longer in the past than they do now. In fact, thousands of years ago, anyone who lived past 30 had beaten the odds. I don't care if you believe all that old superstitious bullshit, but don't try to piss down my leg and tell me it's raining. Your comments about large animals is bullshit, too. Insects breath by diffusion, so insects were larger--but that was 300 to 350 million years ago. The only larger animals on land were during the ice ages, and that was tens of thousands of years ago. You're just making **** up, which is why I have no respect for you and lend no credence to anything you say.

FM dealt with stupid bullshit of yours about orogeny (look it up, educate yourself). Don't pretend you can explain those fairy tales you choose to believe in, because you have amply demonstrated that you can't.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 03:40 pm
@farmerman,
Yes, and because you claim the evidence supports half monkey man creatures, and this ‘evidence’ refutes a creation theory, when I hear u say ‘the evidence refutes a global flood’ it just tells me you Are interpreting the evidence IMproperly.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 03:52 pm
@Setanta,
Be nice. Your sinful nature is on display for everyone to see.

By ‘floating’ I meant just that, not having a destination. That’s all. Unless we have the exact replica of the ark to test, we can’t be 100% that it couldn’t have ‘done the job.’ It is in the realm of possibility tho for sure.
Hey, abortionists and other religious extremists who embrace evolutionism don’t have much respect for me either🤷‍♂️No worries of course.

Longer lifespans are possible, that’s all. You said it yourself! haha....(that ppl did not live as long as we do now once upon a time)

I think you are just interpreting the evidence wrongly. The evidence suggests that all these giant creatures and plants co-existed, and the earth is several thousand years old (because scientifically, the door is wide open for this theory)

Well, seems like we gotta agree to disagree.
Ttyl

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 04:24 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
The evidence suggests that all these giant creatures and plants co-existed, and the earth is several thousand years old (because scientifically, the door is wide open for this theory)
What "evidence"? Youre a real liar about this "evdience" There is none and you cannot drag it up. If evidence were there science would be all over it and scientists would all be seeeking a chunk of the story.
Everything you say is easily debunked by real evidence.
Your worldview seems bent on fabrication and fraud. Even Fundamentlsit ministers dont try to get themselves into such arguments when they know theyre on really thin ice about their non-existent facts.

farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 04:33 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
Yes, and because you claim the evidence supports half monkey man creatures
Were you this dumb in your school years or are you just doing this because your life is not going anywhere?

When I say that ALL EVIDENCE refutes a GLOBALFLOOD, I mean just that.All paleo history shows that during ALL geological ages, huge parts of the planet were always high and dry, and in times past, like the mid to late paleozoic, mountains much larger than todays Alps and Himalayans existed and their evidence is easily seen in mega- erosion fields.
I love reading your crap amd the only reason I spend any time is to make sure thatoutfits like CRI and the Creation lobby does NOT try to infiltrate our public schools with your lies and fraud and call it science.

You guys seem to have no moral center about what lies you spread "for Jesus". You feel that you can say anything for youre silly belief system.

0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2018 04:43 pm
@farmerman,

Well, you know what I think of evolutionism.
Ttyl
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 05:32 am
@Setanta,
You had mentioned earlier that you see a huge problem with fitting the animals of the world on the ark. I used to as well of course.
I forgot to address this.
The ark was large enough to hold 30,000 sheep sized creatures. It is estimated that about 2000-4,000 animals were on the ark.
This is because Noah only needed two of each KIND (7 of some)of creature which breathed through it’s nostrils.
Insects breathe through their skin, and could have survived on floating debris. And fish, well....
Also, because these creatures were vegetarian, storing food and feeding would have been a fairly easy task, just bulky. Genesis chapter 9 (after the flood) reveals When these creatures became flesh eating and afraid of Mankind.
Thoughts?
farmerman

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 05:38 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
if Noah needed only two of ach "Kind" where did we get all this genetic diversity in species in such a short time. You guy seem to dny "rapid volution" but must resort to it as your argument re: genetic divesrity from the creatures that were on the Ark.
Alwys wondered as to how you have to keep coming up with new tals to cover your old tired ones that dont pass muster today

Quote:
Thoughts?

If you say so, I dont see any there. I see only rote acceptance of thecatechism of Southern Baptists or Witnesses or Missouri Synod of Lutherans
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 06:06 am
@farmerman,
?
Two of the dog kind, two of the cat kind, two of the horse kind etc.
And from these ‘kinds’ it seems we can get a wide variety of species, sure. Fast or slow.
Just 2,000 kinds times 25 specie per kind = 50,000 land animals
Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 07:06 am
As one can expect, the so-called scriptures contradict themselves. Noah is to take two pairs of every beast. A few verses later, he is to take two pairs of "unclean" beasts, and seven pairs of "clean" beasts. The old fart is also supposed to take food for all this crowd, and remember he was at sea for six months. Of course, the idiot boat described there would not last six minutes at sea, never mind six months.

I'm really getting fed up with the idiot religious nuts who are trashing this site.
farmerman

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2018 07:43 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
Two of the dog kind, two of the cat kind, two of the horse kind etc.
And from these ‘kinds’ it seems we can get a wide variety of species, sure. Fast or slow.
Just 2,000 kinds times 25 specie per kind = 50,000 land animals
I see that high SChool genetics wasnt a skill you bothered learning eh?
0 Replies