Does everyone agree that we evolved from Africa?

Blickers

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2018 01:15 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote Leadfoot:
Quote:
The Darwin fans are reluctant to let go of it but as is clear from this and many other sources, there is plenty of reason for many not to agree that we necessarily evolved from Africa.
Darwin, possibly mistakenly, thought that all the apes among the descendants of Homo Sapiens came from Africa. The evidence shows this might require a modification. It now appears it is possible that 7 Million years ago, some apes crossed the dried-up Mediteranean sea on foot, settled in Africa, then evolved on their own for a few Million years in Africa and THEN reached the Australopithecus stage. Australopithecus are still not human. Then after a Million years or so of Australopithecus,there appeared in Africa Homo Habilis, who is the first human that we have found. Since 7 Million years ago, all of this took place in Africa.

So you are advocating throwing Darwin out the window because he's only been right about the last 7 Million years? Jeez, the guy lived in the 1800s, he still did pretty damn good.
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2018 10:20 pm
@Blickers,
A newer report in Nature-Geoscience was about the discovery of the earliest terrestrial life on earth. It was dated at 3.2 Billion years. We had earlier data on marine life but terrestrial life. Indictions about its respiration nd energy was of interest to me , in that these guys(actually it was a series of slime algae mats put together like a huge lasagna) were like gunpowder. Their respiration and energy was due to feeding on Nitrate compounds (just like most all non-nuclear explosives). Life will not be pushed around, we were not sure that we even had enough data to show that there ere anything like lakes or streams that early. Our understanding about arth's ral estate will now need to be re-modeled. The deposits of "clays" were , till now, criticized for NOT being more than a figment of an overstimulated imagination by some geobiologist or geochemist.

The site was in present day South Africa
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2018 11:25 pm
@Blickers,
No, he wants to throw Darwin out the window because the entire concept of evolution conflicts with his imaginary friend superstition, which is more important to him than ascertaining the truth.
bunnyhabit

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 12:00 am
i don't know or care where came from other than mom and dad. just glad i can enjoy being here
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 04:34 am
@Setanta,
Some ppl want to see evolutionism thrown out the window because it conflicts with creation truth, and it is a destructive teaching.
But because of religious extremists who embrace this false teaching, (Like farmerman) it, like any other false teaching will not go away fully until the truth, the way, and the life(Christ) returns.

farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 04:42 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
yeh, like thats gonna happen. You seem to feel that science is in a fistfight with religion. I really dont care what you believe if it doesnt interfere with my work and freedom of information. I actually find your beliefs entirely entertaining and often ,quite humorous. You guy hve seemeingle been "working" on finding truth .When are ya going to present evidence of you beliefs???

If you have concerns enough to demonstrate your aggressive stance, then quit buying gasoline its a "fossil " fuel, or Lithium battery driven gizmos.

If Christ exists and if hes gonna "return", Ill bet he will pat us on th back and say
"Boy, Im glad you guys didnt waste your time playing with legends and myths.Still, it took you long enough to turn medicine and healing into a science rather than blaming evil spirits for sickness"
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 05:01 am
@bunnyhabit ,
Hi, and welcome aboard. Were generally harmless, but many of us are interested in science stuff.
I used to work in SE Asia and spent lotsa time in Taiwan

It was by driving in Taipei that I learned the phrase"Red Lights are just for reference"
People drive like total idiots over there. I used to live at the Howard House and people were getting hit by cabs in the street on a regular basis.

Still, it was a great town for food.

I was learning to speak the language qhen I went to a street market to buy my wife some bolts of silk. I almost bought a "little boy" because the word sounds for silk and "little boy" are very close. I alwys used an interpreter after that.
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 05:01 am
@farmerman,
Is that what I feel? No.
Science is science.
Evolutionism is a false teaching/religious position/worldview which is illogical and conflicts with the truth. That is the ‘fistfight.’
For example, when you try to push your intergalactic space module loaded with bacteria which seeded our planet (panspermia) teaching on ppl.

Evil spirits for sickness?
https://biblehub.com/exodus/15-26.htm
God gave many commandments to Israel to avoid sickness and disease. Like keeping sex within marriage as an example. Biblical teaching is that disease has natural, earthly causes, and healings too. But, you are again just stating your opinions, not facts, like always.

0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 05:56 am
@farmerman,
https://books.google.ca/books/about/None_of_These_Diseases.html?id=txNilR6FJFgC&redir_esc=y
You should pick up a copy of this book. An interesting read.
It’s about the many hundreds of commandments god gave ranging from quarantining airborne disease like leprosy, to circumcision on the 8th day of life to prevent infection, to antibacterial oils etc
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 10:24 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
was it in the bible?
Aint worth squatsy lest it be in the Bible ya know.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 10:35 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
If Christ exists and if hes gonna "return", Ill bet he will pat us on th back and say
"Boy, Im glad you guys didnt waste your time playing with legends and myths.Still, it took you long enough to turn medicine and healing into a science rather than blaming evil spirits for sickness"
The biggest premature killers are things we have control of. Over eating, known bad habits like smoking, etc. We do these things because we are starved spiritually whether we know it or not. Same goes for drug abuse and outright suicide, which is the fastest growing cause of death.

Modern medicine, as good as it is, will never cure the root causes of these illnesses.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 11:41 am
@Leadfoot,
BS, In early days, life was terribly short and we had to learn to deal with amazingly simple things like bacteril infections and childbirth, and measles and mumps and whooping cough.
Most of us didnt live long enough to enjoy the afflictions of the overfed , under exercised, and melancholy.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 02:30 pm
@farmerman,
U got it all backwards again.
The early days of creation ppl lived 900+ years old and did not have to deal with a fraction of the stuff we do.
The earth was created without thorns even, never mind diseases.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 03:14 pm
Hey, pesky random thought here.
How come Bible critics hardly ever scoff at those 900+ year old ages of some of those dudes?
It seems like such an easy shot.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 03:23 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
In early days, life was terribly short and we had to ....

Yeah, yeah, I know, times were tough back in the day, but I normally talk in the context of today.

Besides, I’m old'rn you anyway
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 03:58 pm
@Leadfoot,
If one doent even comment on 900 yer old patriarchs, do you assume that we agree with em?
Scraping the barrel arent we??
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 04:00 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Modern medicine, as good as it is, will never cure the root causes of these illnesses
you sound like the guys who said"We aint never gonna have television"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 05:34 pm
I always particularly enjoyed that old Noah bullshit. He was either 599 goin' on 600, or 600 already (as usual, that old scriptural bullshit always contradicts itself) and we are supposed to believe that he and his geezer wife and his geezer sons and geezer daughters-in-law built the largest wooden vessel ever built. Then we are to believe they packed it with all the animals of the earth, plus food for months, and then sailed the goofy boat in a planet girdling ocean--apparently without sails. What did the geezers use, sweeps?

That flood bullshit always cracks me up.
chai2

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 05:49 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Helloandgoodbye wrote:

U got it all backwards again.
The early days of creation ppl lived 900+ years old and did not have to deal with a fraction of the stuff we do.
The earth was created without thorns even, never mind diseases.

Methuselah lived 900 years
Methuselah lived 900 years
Who calls that livin'
When no gal will give in
To no man what's 900 years

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2018 06:05 pm
@Setanta,
Hey Lawd, wassa cubit?
0 Replies