neologist

Thu 14 May, 2015 06:12 pm
Wow! Battling videos. . .
So brilliant!
0 Replies

Patches

Thu 14 May, 2015 06:26 pm
@FBM,
I believe that there are far more people that believe he is legit than a con man.
FBM

Thu 14 May, 2015 06:39 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

I believe that there are far more people that believe he is legit than a con man.

Quote:
"Bandwagon": the fallacy of attempting to prove a conclusion on the grounds that all or most people think or believe it is true.

Most, many, or all persons believe statement p is true.
Statement p is true.

http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/popular.html
0 Replies

timur

Thu 14 May, 2015 10:33 pm
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.―Thomas Paine
neologist

Thu 14 May, 2015 11:03 pm
@timur,
True.

Note sig line.
Frank Apisa

Fri 15 May, 2015 02:36 am
Belief that there are no gods...

...is still "belief."

Just "belief" in the opposite direction from the "belief" of theists.
izzythepush

Fri 15 May, 2015 02:42 am
@Patches,
Are there really that many stupid people in the world? If you're right the human race is doomed.
izzythepush

Fri 15 May, 2015 02:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
Change the record Frank, this is a thread about Patches dubious claims about having proof of God's existence, not yet another thread where you endlessly postulate that your agnosticism is the only logical choice.

I may be going out on a limb here, but I doubt anybody is remotely interested, it got very dull a long time ago.
Frank Apisa

Fri 15 May, 2015 07:47 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Change the record Frank, this is a thread about Patches dubious claims about having proof of God's existence, not yet another thread where you endlessly postulate that your agnosticism is the only logical choice.

I may be going out on a limb here, but I doubt anybody is remotely interested, it got very dull a long time ago.

People make all sorts of statements...and have here in this thread.

If you do not like to hear the truth, Izzy...just ignore it.

And if the truth seems dull...perhaps it is actually a truth that hurts for some reason.

Bottom line: Most atheists seem to do as much "believing" as theists...except in the other direction.

izzythepush

Fri 15 May, 2015 08:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
I don't have a problem with the truth, I'm just sick to the back teeth of you repeating your agnostic mantra ad nauseam. I doubt there's anyone on A2K who hasn't heard it.

Instead of repeating yourself over and over again try some new material, that is if you can think of any. I'm starting to doubt you can which is why you're in a loop.

You are in a loop. You are repetitive.

Do you have an imagination?
Frank Apisa

Fri 15 May, 2015 08:53 am
@izzythepush,
Yup...I have an imagination.

I am not stuck in a loop.

Atheists and theist can go over and over and over the same nonsense for ages without any complaints (except from each other)...but when an agnostic shows atheism to be with very little merit...the atheist go ape.

You are entitled to your opinions, Izzy.

Stick 'em where the sun won't bleach them!
neologist

Fri 15 May, 2015 09:09 am
Now. Now.
We're here to lead Patches to sanity.

Let's try to be nice.
izzythepush

Fri 15 May, 2015 09:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Well bloody use it then, stop repeating your mantras and say something original.
Frank Apisa

Fri 15 May, 2015 09:23 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Well bloody use it then, stop repeating your mantras and say something original.

I've shared plenty of "original" thoughts, Izzy...in fact, I am almost certain I've shared more than you.

You apparently do not like the ones that indicate I do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence.

You ought to give that thought some consideration.

In any case, you can take your opinions about what I should or should not do and shove 'em!
izzythepush

Fri 15 May, 2015 09:24 am
@Frank Apisa,
Do it now then, say something new.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 15 May, 2015 09:24 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Now. Now.
We're here to lead Patches to sanity.

Let's try to be nice.

Any theist or atheist posting here who thinks his/her notions are any saner or any less absurdly self-serving than those Patches is sharing...

...is self-deluding.
izzythepush

Fri 15 May, 2015 09:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Any theist or atheist posting here who thinks his/her notions are any saner or any less absurdly self-serving than those Patches is sharing...

...is self-deluding.

So you think that Patches photoshopped 'proof' is as valid as saying that there's no proof the pyramids were built by slaves?
Frank Apisa

Fri 15 May, 2015 09:38 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

...is self-deluding.

So you think that Patches photoshopped 'proof' is as valid as saying that there's no proof the pyramids were built by slaves?

I think Patches' NOTIONS are absurdly self-serving, Izzy.

I think the NOTIONS of just about every theist posting in this thread...are absurdly self-serving.

I think the NOTIONS of just about every atheist posting in this thread...are absurdly self-serving.

Every once in a while each of you get something sorta right...but all of you are essentially advocating a guess about the true nature of the REALITY of existence. I find that ludicrous...and absurdly self-serving.
neologist

Fri 15 May, 2015 10:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
Is it possible you are self deluded, Frank?
No confirmation bias?
None?

snicker
Patches

Fri 15 May, 2015 12:12 pm
@timur,
Quote:
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.―Thomas Paine
Our God is not cruel. He sent His Son to suffer in our place for our sins so that we may not suffer for all of eternity without Him.