izzythepush

Mon 11 May, 2015 01:05 pm
@Patches,
If you look for something you'll find it, because you want to find it and because there are people who make a lot of money out of showing it to you.

You turned up a fake photo, not once did you consider its authenticity. If you were serious you would haver tried very hard to weed out obvious fakes. And it was a very obvious fake, it took me less than 2 minutes on google to debunk it.
Patches

Mon 11 May, 2015 01:10 pm
@izzythepush,
I never claimed that any of those skeleton photos were genuine. I asked for peoples opinions. It was merely something of interest that I was looking into. So you can stop your bragging about it. You haven't proven that large human skeletons do not exist.
0 Replies

Patches

Mon 11 May, 2015 01:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Also, you will never be able to debunk the photograph in the opening post because I know that it is a real photograph of the Holy Spirit.
izzythepush

Mon 11 May, 2015 03:33 pm
@Patches,
You will never be able to debunk the photograph of Ra.

You know nothing.
izzythepush

Mon 11 May, 2015 03:39 pm
There's a whole industry behind this crap. Google image of holy spirit and this comes up.

Quote:
11243 Holy spirit stock photos and images. Affordable Royalty Free Stock Photography. Downloads for just $1.00, with thousands of images added daily.

Quote:
Download holy spirit stock photos. Affordable and search from millions of royalty free images, photos and vectors. Thousands of images added daily.

Quote:
Christian art of "holy spirit". Fantastic prices on framed prints. All images are also avaliable in digital download for projection or other media use.

God never shows his face for free, he sounds like a Barnum attraction. 'Roll up, Roll up.'
Patches

Mon 11 May, 2015 03:40 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You will never be able to debunk the photograph of Ra.
Why should I even bother? You and I both already know that it is not really Ra.
0 Replies

Patches

Mon 11 May, 2015 03:43 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
God never shows his face for free, he sounds like a Barnum attraction. 'Roll up, Roll up.'
Your avatar looks like a Barnum attraction.
FBM

Mon 11 May, 2015 05:11 pm
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/11221422_1597028527233852_8134573846076315310_n.jpg
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 11 May, 2015 05:13 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
Also, you will never be able to debunk the photograph in the opening post because I know that it is a real photograph of the Holy Spirit.
Yeah, but Patch . . . Your photo is self debunking until you provide satisfactory proof other than your testimony. And, I must say the value of your testimony has been increasingly under suspicion.
izzythepush

Mon 11 May, 2015 05:23 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:
Your avatar looks like a Barnum attraction.

Now you're having a go at Roger Mellie? I don't think Roger's too bothered.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3576480562/06b81cc03fb1a5c765c5b55b9ab23b75.jpeg
0 Replies

Patches

Mon 11 May, 2015 08:27 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Yeah, but Patch . . . Your photo is self debunking until you provide satisfactory proof other than your testimony. And, I must say the value of your testimony has been increasingly under suspicion.
The Halo is found in scripture as the Holy Spirit descending and remaining upon Jesus in bodily form. The photograph that I presented is of a supernatural entity which looks exactly like the Halo. This is indeed the Holy Spirit. Identifying the Holy Spirit in bodily form is not rocket science. I have made it easy enough for a child to understand.
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 11 May, 2015 08:36 pm
Quote:
Question: "What does the Bible say about halos?"

Answer: A halo, also called a nimbus, is a geometric shape, usually in the form of a disk, circle, ring, or rayed structure. Traditionally, the halo represents a radiant light around or above the head of a divine or sacred person. Since halos are found nowhere in the Bible, what is their origin in Christianity?

Interestingly, the word “halo” comes from the Greek word for a threshing floor. It was on these floors that oxen moved round and round in a continuous circle on the ground, making a circular path in the shape we now associate with halos. Many ancient societies, including the Egyptians, Indians and Romans, used a circular sign to suggest supernatural forces, such as angels, at work.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-halos.html#ixzz3Zt79zf7L
Patches

Mon 11 May, 2015 08:58 pm
@FBM,
I know more about the Halo and the Holy Spirit than you or anything that you can dig up on the internet. I am a self proclaimed leading expert on the Holy Spirit in today's world.
FBM

Mon 11 May, 2015 09:12 pm
@Patches,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/bow_1.gif

And an other-proclaimed fruitcake. Did it even briefly occur to you to back up your halos-in-the-bible claim with a quotation from it? Not just a mention of light - which I trust was pretty common even back then - but holos specifically.
0 Replies

Patches

Mon 11 May, 2015 09:17 pm
According to Catholic Info, "the Halo is symbolic of divinity and supreme power." Divinity means of, or pertaining to God. The Holy Spirit is God, the third person in the Holy Trinity.
FBM

Mon 11 May, 2015 09:24 pm
@Patches,
In your scripture, not your dogma.
Patches

Mon 11 May, 2015 09:31 pm
@FBM,
Although this is probably way over your head. Mathew 3:16, John 1:32, and Luke 3:22 combined, references the Holy Spirit alighting and remaining upon Jesus in bodily form appearing as a Halo.
FBM

Mon 11 May, 2015 09:37 pm
@Patches,
Please bring the quoted text here. It's in bad form to require others to do research when you're the one making the claim. Does the word "halo" appear in any of those passages? Or is it just your over-generous, hedging hermeneutics?
Patches

Mon 11 May, 2015 09:46 pm
@FBM,
Neither are the words Holy Trinity. But it is still understood. You may never understand the things of the Spirit of God.
FBM

Mon 11 May, 2015 09:51 pm
@Patches,
So you were wrong, then. Please be more careful about making claims that you haven't checked out. It would save us all a lot of time and effort debunking your frivolous assertions. It would also go a long way towards making yourself appear to know what you're talking about.