Patches

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:14 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
The only bad time I can think of was all the wasted time I spend in church on my knees when I could have been fishing.
So, now you are hell bent on destroying Christianity?
0 Replies

FBM

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:16 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Apparently the self appointed teacher has failed to understand John 9: 2,3, which indicates the defect is the fault of no one. Compare with Ecclesiastes 9:11

As a courtesy, would you please post the passages here? Who's the self-appointed teacher?
neologist

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:21 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
Apologists try to use scripture as evidence for the veracity of its claims external to the texts. They are engaged in circular reasoning, begging the question. Using the texts to point out internal inconsistencies is making an entirely different point and is perfectly legitimate.
The object of straw men is to present a false argument with some expectation that your point of view will be made acceptable. But when the inconsistencies are shown to be phony it is time to warm your hands over the fire.
neologist

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:26 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
As a courtesy, would you please post the passages here? Who's the self-appointed teacher?
This idiot:
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/245f2b16bb3aa355090e0af69dad5485.jpg
I couldn't read his name.
Quote:
John 9:2-3New International Version (NIV)

2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.
Quote:
Ecclesiastes 9:11New International Version (NIV)

11 I have seen something else under the sun:

The race is not to the swift
or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise
or wealth to the brilliant
or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all.
FBM

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:38 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

FBM wrote:
Apologists try to use scripture as evidence for the veracity of its claims external to the texts. They are engaged in circular reasoning, begging the question. Using the texts to point out internal inconsistencies is making an entirely different point and is perfectly legitimate.
The object of straw men is to present a false argument with some expectation that your point of view will be made acceptable. But when the inconsistencies are shown to be phony it is time to warm your hands over the fire.

In general, yes. Please be specific about what you consider to be a strawman that I have made, and please show where an inconsistency I have mentioned has been shown to be phony. Please be specific.
Patches

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:40 pm
Proverbs 18:17. A fool has no delight in understanding, But in expressing his own heart.
FBM

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:42 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Quote:
John 9:2-3New International Version (NIV)

2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.
Quote:
Ecclesiastes 9:11New International Version (NIV)

OK, so this god is just showing off when it makes babies be born with horrible birth defects???? And somebody wants to worship this thing??? I refer once again to Stockholm Syndrome.

Quote:
11 I have seen something else under the sun:

The race is not to the swift
or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise
or wealth to the brilliant
or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all.

Not sure what this has to do with birth defects. If it means that they happen just by chance, that would seem to contradict the previous verse that attributed them to this god's showing off.
0 Replies

FBM

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:43 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

Proverbs 18:17. A fool has no delight in understanding, But in expressing his own heart.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/11091441_1087887904559993_6602738492723114511_n_1.jpg
Patches

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:45 pm
Proverbs 28:26. He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, But whoever walks wisely will be delivered.
0 Replies

Patches

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:48 pm
@FBM,
That was the way it was then. It was no sin. Cats do the same thing today. Why don't you stop trying to find fault and being an accuser? Who are you to judge anyone or anything?
FBM

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:51 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

That was the way it was then. It was no sin. Cats do the same thing today. Why don't you stop trying to find fault and being an accuser? Who are you to judge anyone or anything?

I'm a human being, just like you. If you can judge me for not believing in your myth and say that I'm going to hell for it, call me an antichrist, then I have every right to point out the BS in your claims. Like the BS claim that the photo is proof of your god.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/11178317_978434352174375_5608761815581025351_n_1.jpg
Patches

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:54 pm
@FBM,
That is the way it was back then. Today, it would be murder. I would suggest that you stop bringing up the past, keep up with the times, and look to the future.
FBM

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 08:56 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

I would suggest that you stop bringing up the past and look to the future.

Well, that would help you hide the BS in your posts and in your scriptures, wouldn't it? Sorry. No sale. I'll point out the BS when and where I find it.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/11182134_1464367180521880_3332336936455697888_n.png
Patches

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 09:01 pm
@FBM,
God also tells us to obey the laws of man and to keep up with the times.
0 Replies

neologist

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 09:07 pm
@FBM,
If you actually believe the scriptures support infinite punishment for finite sin, or that the soul is immortal, then I can't be of much further help.

As for inconsistencies other than pure straw men, I can't think of any on your part But since you keep posting the straw men, I imagine some will show up eventually.
Patches

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 09:09 pm
@FBM,
I detect that you have been hurt and are hell bent against religion. You needed come onto this thread with an evil heart and speak out against Christianity.
neologist

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 09:09 pm
@FBM,
Cain no doubt married one of his sisters. As did Seth and the rest of Adam's sons.
FBM

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 09:13 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

If you actually believe the scriptures support infinite punishment for finite sin, or that the soul is immortal, then I can't be of much further help.

I'm just posting passages from the scripture. If it says 'eternal,' that's what it says.

Quote:
As for inconsistencies other than pure straw men, I can't think of any on your part But since you keep posting the straw men, I imagine some will show up eventually.

Please point out the straw men that I've made.
FBM

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 09:16 pm
@Patches,
Patches wrote:

I detect that you have been hurt and are hell bent against religion. You needed come onto this thread with an evil heart and speak out against Christianity.

I detect that you have been deceived and are hell bent on saving your own cojones from the brimstone. I'm hell bent against shitty ideas that destroy lives. Religion is just one of them. You and your kind hurt people. Wake up to that fact and admit it. BS about proof of god, then you've got none is far from the worst thing believers have done...

FBM

Fri 24 Apr, 2015 09:17 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Cain no doubt married one of his sisters. As did Seth and the rest of Adam's sons.

I don't see any of that in the scriptures. Why "no doubt"? Seems to be a lot of doubt and disagreement about it.