Is Columbus, OH all ghettos??

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 02:58 pm
Is columbus all ghettos?? IM planning on moving there and my friends say its high crime and ghettos. I just wated to get other peoples thoughts on columbus. and if u have pictures please post them,

Thanks for ur time Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,744 • Replies: 9
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 03:42 pm
The simple answer is no. Columbus is a pretty decent city.

The slightly longer answer is that another member here was considering moving there, and there was quite a good discussion about Columbus there. I'll find the link for you if no one beats me to it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 03:46 pm
click here for "Columbus, Ohio"
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 06:09 pm
Yep, what ehBeth said -- I learned a TON on that thread. (I'm moving there in a matter of weeks!!) I also did a bunch more research than was on the thread and may be able to help you out with any specific questions.

Just noticed your handle, we'll both be going Illinois-to-Columbus.

Dublin, Ohio (suburb of Columbus) was recently named the best place to live by Money magazine for that region. It's definitely NOT all high crime and ghettos, definitely.

Anyway, ask away and I'll see what I can do.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 06:13 pm
I don't think a city could survive being "all-ghetto"

There has to be something of substance.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2004 06:21 pm
sozobe wrote:
Just noticed your handle, we'll both be going Illinois-to-Columbus.

Have I learned nothing from "The Simpsons"? There are of course plenty of Springfields scattered all over the country, just assumed it was "my" (Illinois') Springfield.
0 Replies

Springfiled Native

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 09:37 pm
Thanks for your help and the link to the thread. I was planning on moving to gahanna, Ohio. A suburb of columbus
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2004 09:42 pm
Gahanna is supposed to be quite nice, actually. Was mentioned to me several times. I concentrated on the more westerly areas; Upper Arlington, Dublin, Worthington, Hilliard, Grandview, Clintonville, Victorian Village, etc. So I know a lot more about those.

I found this site very useful -- you have to click a bit to get to Gahanna. Lots of pictures. This is what they say about it:

Quote:
General - Gahanna is one of the fastest growing and largest communities in the Metropolitan Columbus area. New neighborhoods and shopping opportunities abound. With well managed growth and expansion, excellent city schools, and a convenient location, Gahanna has a bright future. This community boasts 35 parks, 3 swimming pools, 2 golf courses, and youth athletic leagues that make it a well rounded family community attractive to it's residents. Gahanna offers excellent public and private education. The Columbus Academy is well known for providing a superior private educational experience, while Gahanna Jefferson High School delivers a quality public school education. Gahanna also offers a diverse variety of churches representing numerous denominations. Gahanna residents take well-deserved pride in their community spirit.

http://www.photo-tour.com/index.tmpl?command=showpage&id=127
0 Replies

docrobjob

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2015 12:04 pm
@Springfiled Native,
Yes. Everyone in town thinks it's normal to have to carry mace or a knife to get to your car in the dark. The police turn a blind eye to aggressive panhandling and they have such problem areas with campus and downtown that you can't find them in your respective "hood." People perpetuate the myth that there are good places to live, but you have to go to the bank or park somewhere and you're ambushed by homeless and con artists everywhere you go. My son lives here: I would love him to grow up anywhere else. I've been assaulted twice... Stay out of hell if God hasn't called you here or fema.
0 Replies

jacksondisuja

Reply Fri 16 Oct, 2015 04:55 am
I am also living form in last 2 years , i have heard about anything .I think someone giving you wrong information .
0 Replies