What good does religion offer the world today?

TheCobbler

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 04:14 pm
@Leadfoot,
It seems the duty of the book is to ruin the experience of this world.

It separates us from evolution and the creative powers of the earth to give us an excuse to hate other mammals and not steward this wondrous earth.

If this is the duty of the Bible to make us hate this life then it is wrong and the result is it produces hateful freaks.

Yes, religious freaks... who ignore a mountain of science so they can feel good about hating others while plundering the earth without conscience.
Leadfoot

Fri 22 Jul, 2016 04:42 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
this wondrous earth.

It has had its moments. I sometimes think about what it will be like to come back and remember them.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 06:35 am
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13925405_10157265276925282_2927406912016150338_n.jpg?oh=8a7096658d221cc6c91152a943877b19&oe=58573C57
Leadfoot

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 06:59 am
@TheCobbler,
But when you reason with a man and his bible, interesting things happen.
TheCobbler

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 12:59 pm
@Leadfoot,
When you reason with a person with their Bible LGBT people lose their rights, woman are forced to carry the babies of rapists, relegated to the kitchen and put under the rule of polygamous men, children are taught the world is coming to an end and science and the earth are destroyed by faithful idiots, need I go on?

Sound interesting enough to you? You will not find a person at this point less interested.
CVeigh

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 01:09 pm
@TheCobbler,
If you knew about raped women you would know that they consider YOU their enemy

Victims and Victors: Speaking Out About Their Pregnancies, Abortions, and Children Resulting from Sexual Assault
by Makimaa, Sobie Reardon (Author)
4.2 out of 5 stars 9 customer reviews

These are the real "experts" on this complex issue: the women who have been there. Just listen to what they have to say:

"After my daughter was born, it was love at first sight . . . I know I made the right decision in having her." —Nancy "Cole"

"Often I cry. Cry because I could not stop the attacks. Cry because my daughter is dead. And I cry because it still hurts." —Edith Young

"I think that rape victims with pregnancies are discriminated against because people seem to think you're nuts to have a baby by a man who raped you. We are looked upon as being liars, or stupid." —Sharon "Bailey"

"They say abortion is the easy way out, the best thing for everyone, but they are wrong. It has been over 15 years, and I still suffer." —"Rebecca Morris"

"I thank God for the strength He gave me to go through the bad times and for all of the joy in the good times. I will never regret that I chose to give life to my daughter." —Mary Murray

"Abortion does not help or solve a problem—it only compounds and creates another trauma for the already grieving victim by taking away the one thing that can bring joy." —Helene Evans

"The effects of the abortion are much more far-reaching than the effects of the rape in my life." —"Patricia Ryan"

"I, having lived through rape, and having raised a child ‘conceived in rape,' feel personally assaulted and insulted every time I hear that abortion should be legal for rape and incest. I feel that we're being used to further the abortion issue, even though we've not been asked to tell our side of the story." —Kathleen DeZeeuw

In Victims and Victors, 20 women like the ones quoted above share what it is like to face a pregnancy resulting from rape or incest. They speak bravely and candidly of the pain of sexual assault, of the sadness and trauma of abortion, and of the joy and healing of giving birth.

Victims and Victors answers these important questions—questions every pro-lifer should be asking:

What do women really need when facing a pregnancy resulting from sexual assault, and how can we best meet those needs?

How can pro-lifers hold on to their principles while providing compassionate and understanding support for pregnant sexual assault victims at the same time?

How can legislators best convey a pro-woman, pro-life philosophy when faced with questions regarding sexual assault and abortion?

Why are rape and incest pregnancies the "cornerstone" for abortion on demand, and what can pro-lifers do to counteract this?

How can women who have experienced sexual assault pregnancies share the truth about their experiences in a way that will truly make a difference?

You will find the answers to these questions in Victims and Victors. It lays out a clear argument against abortion in cases of sexual assault and gives pro-lifers the tools they need to combat the argument that abortion is helpful—or even necessary—for women facing a sexual assault pregnancy.
CVeigh

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 01:13 pm
@TheCobbler,
However this ignores the fights he had with his own wife.

But it serves your purpose to ignore his personal behavior
Read Himmelfarb’s Darwin and the Darwinian Revolution the book Darwinists love to hate?
0 Replies

CVeigh

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 01:14 pm
@TheCobbler,
Which boils down to you calling evil anyone who disagrees with your religion.

Offer everyone in the world the choice and let that be their answer to the question "What good does religion offer the world today"

If you don't want it then don't attack and persecute those who disagree with you.
TheCobbler

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 01:45 pm
@CVeigh,
Hate is evil, homophobia is evil, misogyny is evil, rank science denial is evil, and it seems fundamentalists are the number 1 manufacturers of hate and evil.

Who is persecuting who?

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/13939335_1066906176731884_7079599684122218014_n.jpg?oh=ffec1ebb324fac08be31d1444979119f&oe=584FD36E

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 01:54 pm
@CVeigh,
These same women cry also because they were victims of rapists and they also cry when they think about not having a loving father for their child, instead they got a bible thumping hypocrite rapist who thinks they are God's gift to virility!

I would abort a rapist's baby too if I were a woman, would I cry about it? I would cry more about being raped by such a ******! I would find satisfaction in aborting the child of a rapist.

Women are left emotionally scarred by rape and you seem to get your kicks off their pain.

You want women to share their pain do you?

Sicko...
TheCobbler

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 08:07 pm
Meet the quack Tea Party doctor behind the rumors that Hillary could keel over and die at any minute
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/meet-the-quack-tea-party-doctor-behind-the-rumors-that-hillary-could-keel-over-and-die-at-any-minute/
TheCobbler

Sat 13 Aug, 2016 08:29 pm
@TheCobbler,
Here another Russian plant comes out of their rat hole.

The government is out to get you!!!!
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 09:00 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
@Leadfoot,
When you reason with a person with their Bible LGBT people lose their rights, woman are forced to carry the babies of rapists, relegated to the kitchen and put under the rule of polygamous men, children are taught the world is coming to an end and science and the earth are destroyed by faithful idiots, need I go on?

Sound interesting enough to you? You will not find a person at this point less interested.

Cobbler, I think you've been reading the morning paper and mistaking it for the bible. None of that is in there. Granted, there is some homophobic writing in the bible, it was written by men after all, and some of them were homophobes, just like now.

JC clarified things though. Against love, there is no law.
Leadfoot

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 09:18 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
These same women cry also because they were victims of rapists and they also cry when they think about not having a loving father for their child, instead they got a bible thumping hypocrite rapist who thinks they are God's gift to virility!

What happened to you to make you feel that way?

What God was actually trying to tell us in the bible is not to make a God of sex. That is what many men (and women btw) have done. Only when you have done that can you forcibly take someone's rights from them in order to get what you want. Same thing applies to money, fame, status, your job, cloths, food or Anything else. God is very touchy about that.

Have any other God before you and you are truly fucked.
Leadfoot

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 09:36 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
It seems the duty of the book is to ruin the experience of this world.

It separates us from evolution and the creative powers of the earth to give us an excuse to hate other mammals and not steward this wondrous earth.

I sometimes encounter people who really are hell bent on ruining the experience of this world for man.

They frequently show up at BLM and Forestry Service meetings to try and ban any motorized vehicles on any public lands. They manage to shrink the areas where they are permitted every year. These people are haters of men and consider the animals and the earth itself to be sacred and man the spoilers of everything. The scariest thing I ever saw was too look in their eyes and see that hate.

Not all of them are like that but these people are typically Sierra Club members (and are usually atheists btw).

Glennn

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:14 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
there is some homophobic writing in the bible, it was written by men after all, and some of them were homophobes

Ah, so all scripture is not inspired by the god. I knew it!
Glennn

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:18 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Same thing applies to money, fame, status, your job, cloths, food or Anything else. God is very touchy about that.

I'm in charge of the god's mood.
Glennn

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 10:22 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
These people are haters of men and consider the animals and the earth itself to be sacred and man the spoilers of everything.

What is the difference between something that is sacred and something that is not?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 03:50 pm
@Glennn,
Quote:
Leadfoot Quote:
"Same thing applies to money, fame, status, your job, cloths, food or Anything else. God is very touchy about that."

I'm in charge of the god's mood.

Yes, but only when it comes to you.
cicerone imposter

Sun 14 Aug, 2016 03:53 pm
@Leadfoot,
Thank you, god.
0 Replies