What good does religion offer the world today?

TheCobbler

Tue 28 Apr, 2015 03:22 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, I highly value your opinion (and Neo), for your info I am still an agnostic, I seriously doubt I will change on that point. So I agree atheism is just as silly as ardent religious faith

But the omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent God idea has some serious flaws...

Was the universe dark or light when it began?

Darkness is a waveform of light and even empty space is still a form of dark matter.
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 28 Apr, 2015 03:38 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Uhh while under that "perfect conscience" you theorize about, Eve ate the forbidden apple...
She and Adam were given only one moral choice: accept their conscience as God had given it to them, or set their own standards.
You wrote:
Not quite perfect and without eating the apple, childbirth would never have been facilitated.

You and I would not exist.

We might rather thank Eve and her "sin" for our life...
Adam and Eve were told to be fruitful before the rebellion.

We can thank God for not zapping them immediately, thus allowing every one born since to have a chance to experience the life Adam and Eve gave up. - John 5:28,29
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 28 Apr, 2015 03:42 pm
@TheCobbler,
What makes you think I have animosity towards those with gender dysphoria?
I am personally aware of the dreadful feelings they face, having dealt with them myself.
TheCobbler

Tue 28 Apr, 2015 05:44 pm
@neologist,
You do not "deal with" gender dysphonia you accept/embrace it accept it and move on.
neologist

Tue 28 Apr, 2015 06:32 pm
@TheCobbler,
Dysphonia is when your call drops.
Dysphoria is common in young people and, in no way, defines their adult orientation.
TheCobbler

Tue 28 Apr, 2015 10:10 pm
@neologist,
Dysphonia is when God lets 300 million people die because he can not shoot one single lightning bolt down and kill Hitler...
Your Christian logic is void of reliability.
God does not love ANYTHING enough to protect life!!!!

PROVE ME OTHERWISE! NOW!

Christianity is a ******* farce!
TheCobbler

Tue 28 Apr, 2015 10:24 pm
What is spirit? What is urine? What is a dumb silent deity? Worse than urine.... strike this rexred man down!

Or, let millions die in plague and evil concupiscence.

YET STILL SILENCE!

God is fecal matter!
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Tue 28 Apr, 2015 10:27 pm
Shoot me in the head with a gun to prove your God's impotence!!!!
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Tue 28 Apr, 2015 10:36 pm
Rely on God, except when it comes to 300 million lives...
Cuz god has a mystery. (damned ******* cynical)

God is a worthless twerp!

Just one single solitary lighting bolt is all it takes to strike me "the cobbler" dead God almighty...

Jesus is at the buffet eating lunch and too busy to fight for God...

So we will let 300 thousand humans die to kill the antagonist.
neologist

Wed 29 Apr, 2015 12:10 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Dysphonia is when God lets 300 million people die
First, let me apologize. . . .
I had not considered dysphonia to be a word, so I thought to chide you with my remark about cell phones. Well, It turns out that dysphonia is a voice disorder.
So, it has nothing to do with anything we have been talking about. And 300 million? What's that figure about?
TheCobbler wrote:
because he can not shoot one single lightning bolt down and kill Hitler...
Well, it's Satan's world. You know that, right?
TheCobbler wrote:
Your Christian logic is void of reliability.
God does not love ANYTHING enough to protect life!!!!
You sound angry, Cobb. Is it because you don't trust God to make good on his promises?
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 29 Apr, 2015 12:29 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Rely on God, except when it comes to 300 million lives...
Cuz god has a mystery. (damned ******* cynical)

God is a worthless twerp!

Just one single solitary lighting bolt is all it takes to strike me "the cobbler" dead God almighty...

Jesus is at the buffet eating lunch and too busy to fight for God...

So we will let 300 thousand humans die to kill the antagonist.
This is a particularly assertive tirade. What is it, exactly, that bothers you most?
Is it the billions of humans who have died since Eden, many not having even the slightest idea of any issues involved. Do you suppose the God who created you with your very real quality of empathy and standard of fairness, does not possess these same attributes, even to a greater degree? Do you not believe that God is deeply pained by the sufferings of humankind in their enslavement to Satan's rule? Do you think God lied when he inspired John to write
Quote:
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. (Revelation 21:3,4)
Well, I agree it has been a very long time of human misery and we are certainly eager for relief. But we are not God's timekeepers.
I know you have Bible knowledge. Do not despair over what seems to be delay. See Habakkuk 1:2-4
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 29 Apr, 2015 05:39 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Why is God so silent? Reason? Wisdom?

IF THERE IS A GOD... seems to me the GOD can be silent for any reason IT wants. Why do you think differently?

Quote:
Your, "well God has a reason" is simply a scapegoat for blind faith and religiously motivated hate. Blame the gays! (cynical)

I never said "well God has a reason."

And I am an agnostic...not a religious person, Cobbler. Deal with what I actually write...rather than what you make up.

Quote:
Right after the Bible says "God's ways are past finding out", then the Bible says God "wrote the word in our hearts" so we should "know" too...
So we can "know the length, breath and depth of God's love which passeth knowledge". Or so we can stand in bewilderment of God's crass indifference.

We are "created in God's image", "knowing good and evil", yet, (as you say) blind and in the dark?

Frank,
You can't have it both ways.

I do not know if there are gods.

Neither do you...but you apparently are not adult enough to simply acknowledge that.

I don't want it both ways. Apparently you do.

Frank Apisa

Wed 29 Apr, 2015 05:44 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Frank Aspia Wrote:
Maybe they go to a better place? Maybe the GOD had other reasons. Maybe a whole bunch of things.

Why are you insisting there cannot be any other reason than that there is no GOD?

Why are you insisting that I am insisting there cannot be any other reason?

I have never done so.

Do you have trouble reading? Or is it that you have trouble comprehending?

Quote:
That makes even less sense than the people who insist there is a GOD.

What are you babbling about?

I am saying that I do not know if there are any gods...but if there are gods, the gods can have reason for doing what they do that we humans cannot understand.

And you consider that to be lacking in sense???

What is your problem?

Quote:
Comment:
Using your logic, God used Hitler to send a bunch of people off to heaven? REALLY?

Do you suppose God had a nice comfy chair waiting for Hitler, his instrument of death, when Hitler arrived in heaven?

Your logic Frank, is appalling...

I would compare my logic against yours for as much money as you care to put on the table, Cobbler.

You simply do not know how to argue logically.

QUESTION: Are there any gods?
neologist

Wed 29 Apr, 2015 09:17 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . Deal with what I actually write...rather than what you make up.
Well said, Frank.
Many straw men on a2k.

Draft day tomorrow. Watching? Or, golfing?
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Wed 29 Apr, 2015 09:47 pm
Nepal quake: Missionaries send bibles as relief and not food and water
http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/world/nepal-quake-bible-missionaries-24168.html

Maybe they can burn them to cook the food.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Wed 29 Apr, 2015 09:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
What's twisted your freaking crank Frank?

You are a hypocrite.

You insult religious people then use their argument to "try" and prove your points.

A weak and feeble attempt at rhetoric.

Frank Wrote: I do not know if there are gods.

Neither do you...but you apparently are not adult enough to simply acknowledge that.

Comment: How do you know I am not God?

Your argument is so full of holes it holds not water.

Your "assumptions" are not well thought out.
FBM

Wed 29 Apr, 2015 09:53 pm
http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w561/hapkido1996/11107738_10206530544005022_4781765739328882382_n_zpsa9oiu5f1.jpg
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Wed 29 Apr, 2015 10:06 pm
Cobbler wrote concerning Frank: Your, "well God has a reason" is simply a scapegoat for blind faith and religiously motivated hate. Blame the gays! (cynical)

Frank Wrote: I never said "well God has a reason."

Then Frank writes: I am saying that I do not know if there are any gods...but if there are gods, the gods can have reason for doing what they do that we humans cannot understand.

Comment: Frank you deny saying what you mean? How is that logical?

It is kinda impossible to understand pure contradiction.

Then Frank writes: You simply do not know how to argue logically.

Comment: Really?

TheCobbler

Wed 29 Apr, 2015 10:19 pm
Same-sex marriage is not permitted in Nepal then this earthquake happens...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 30 Apr, 2015 05:14 am
@TheCobbler,
No, my ideas are fine...and I am not a hypocrite.

You are having trouble understanding...and have a very short fuse.

Grow up...and we can talk.

0 Replies