What good does religion offer the world today?

TheCobbler

Sun 4 Feb, 2018 07:57 am
I am going to write of evangelism, teaching, prophetic, pastoral understandings and apostolic light.

What I write of here is not for the eyes and ears of the new born babe in spirituality but for the old and wise to compare spiritual matters.

I am probably going to verify again why this thread has a NSFW header.

Revelation… reveal.

I was in the spirit on the day after my birth and I was taken by a holy being, an angel, into the clouds. The clouds were so light, pure and this is what held them so high in the firmament.

Heaven represents innocence. A time where most of us cannot ever return to.

We can only try and forget, and senility shall eventually wipe our minds of all understanding.

Do not read this if you are not ready for the unraveling of the truth…

For we have been entertained by fables, stories masking their real meaning. For we were once children and these fables guarded us from what life’s eventualities would soon show.

Then the angel took my hand and we descended into a place of fire and death.

There were tormented souls, for they tormented themselves with their own ignorance of love and what constitutes sin.

Then the spirit took me to a beautiful and secret garden and began to speak.

The spirit said, “What was, was not as it is and what is, is not as it was and what shall be, is revealed by the true nature of the heart.

I stood perplexed….

Then I was shown two trees.

Both trees bore fruit but one the fruit was salty sweet and the other the fruit was putrid.

The spirit says, “It is not sinful to eat of either tree… They are both desired by many.

For they are the root of sexual pleasure.

One tree produces life and the other tree, the waste of what has been consumed by the body.

The tree of life knows only beginnings and the other tree has knowledge of things that were consumed both good and bad by the body.

Yet to some sexuality seems dirty and forbidden and this perception brings condemnation by some towards those who partake in sexuality. But I say again that sexuality is not sinful…

Sexuality is only sinful when it is acquired without mutual adult consent, for then it is not given but taken.”

The angel continued to speak, “What I impart to you is the revealing of the hidden thoughts of the ancients.

For they thought sexuality was the sin, so they covered their nakedness in shame, yet the real, unforgivable shame was still left naked and unclothed...

For what mutual, consenting adults do in their own mating, passion and love making, it does not defile them.

It may be unhealthy and, can be a flaming sword of disease and sickness, but it does not defile.

Sexuality between consenting adults falls within the holy realms of heaven and paradise.”

I asked the angel, what does defile? What is sin? Why are those people in hell burning with such hatred and self-loathing?

The angel replied, “We may eat of the trees of sexuality and this does not defile one in a deeply spiritual way, if the eating is consensual. To defile one’s self is reserved for much greater offences.”

For innocence must be able to find its own way towards what is gnosis.

Therefore, parables are used to speak of things future, to protect the garden of youth and innocence.

For innocence can never reenter the garden once it has left it.”

I asked what these great offences are? What could be a greater offence than eating from these trees of sexuality?

Eating from these trees seems reserved only for dark fables and myths of innuendo to hide their true meaning?

The angel replied, “Speaking about starving the poor to force them to work, this is a much greater offence. For, the work of the spirit goes unseen.

Hypocrisy, hoarding of riches, speaking of making a president one term because of the color of their skin, instituting the building walls between your neighbors because of their ethnicity, ripping apart families. The fires and torment of hell are reserved for these offences. Condoning rape, sex with children and not seeing those of the opposite sex as equals. This is sin, this is what defiles and the penance is far too great to ever overcome.

The love between two consenting adult people can be justified, but hate, racism, greed and animosity towards others cannot.

Hell is reserved for those defiled by the latter.”

The angel then embraced me and kissed me in a passionate and loving way like I have never known, and I closed my eyes and when I reopened them I was alone and left to contemplate such thoughts.
Leadfoot

Mon 5 Feb, 2018 12:44 pm
@TheCobbler,
So far, what the angel showed you is pretty much in line with an open interpretation of the Book.

But what about all that flooding and destruction of entire cities and such?

If the loving vision the creator wanted for us to live together in is endangered, it only makes sense for him to do what is necessary for the vision to survive.
That we have finally evolved to a point where such measures are no longer necessary, is a good thing I would think.
TheCobbler

Mon 5 Feb, 2018 06:25 pm
Jack Sprat's wive was Fat...

Fat Sprat. Smile
TheCobbler

Mon 5 Feb, 2018 06:30 pm
@Leadfoot,
The flood is an allegory about the spread of paganism which covered the entire globe in every continent and the worship of elements like the sun, water, fire and earth and the worship of animals as Gods...

This story was to disconnect people from worshiping the things that actually created us substituting an invisible God which could not be readily substantiated.

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Mon 5 Feb, 2018 06:41 pm
@TheCobbler,
Sorry "wife" that is... lol, didn't notice it 'til it was too late.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Mon 5 Feb, 2018 06:43 pm
Also, it is an oxymoron that an invisible God has an image of man...
Leadfoot

Mon 5 Feb, 2018 06:48 pm
@TheCobbler,
You should brush up on metaphor.

Would a God really give a **** about physical appearance?
katrinalc

Mon 5 Feb, 2018 07:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
MY PHONE IS DEAD. THE TRAIN IS ABOUT TO GET TO LAKEWOOD

PLEASE COME GET ME
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Tue 6 Feb, 2018 06:38 am
@Leadfoot,
A vain God might... Smile
Leadfoot

Tue 6 Feb, 2018 07:41 am
@TheCobbler,
I haven't met one like that.
0 Replies

Thomas33

Tue 6 Feb, 2018 12:12 pm
Religion isn't any problem, as long as its value is just the individual matter that makes it up. The books can be friendly, as long as the books are just books
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Wed 14 Feb, 2018 02:59 pm
“The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus by the Supreme Being in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. … But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding…. “ -Thomas Jefferson-
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 15 Feb, 2018 01:31 pm
I've always wondered why the virgin birth is such a big deal.

It's like - creating the universe with a word, well I guess a real God could do that, but get a girl knocked up without a guy? No Way man!
rosborne979

Thu 15 Feb, 2018 03:21 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

I've always wondered why the virgin birth is such a big deal.

It's like - creating the universe with a word, well I guess a real God could do that, but get a girl knocked up without a guy? No Way man!

It's not because it's impossible, after all, *poofism* makes everything possible. It's more because it's just plain stupid.
farmerman

Thu 15 Feb, 2018 03:54 pm
@rosborne979,
no primate has ever demonstrated parthenogenesis
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 16 Feb, 2018 08:21 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Leadfoot wrote:
"I've always wondered why the virgin birth is such a big deal.

"

Ros replied:
It's not because it's impossible, after all, *poofism* makes everything possible. It's more because it's just plain stupid.

Not that I expected you to get the point, but I mean, if you're going to go after (attack) the idea of 'God', then *poofism* is the obvious target. Using the virgin birth as your justification is - Just Plain Stupid.

OTOH, Maybe the preggers virgin is getting to be an easier target what with science embracing the Big Bang, the Multiverse, Quantum Mechanics, spooky action at a distance, etc. Too much like *poofism* ?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 20 Feb, 2018 03:50 pm
@rosborne979,
Unfortunately, poofism is in the human DNA.
Leadfoot

Tue 20 Feb, 2018 03:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Glad to hear you admit it!
I could never convince myself that it happened by chance.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Thu 22 Feb, 2018 11:36 pm
@Leadfoot,
Somehow the ancients knew that men and women had their own "separate" DNA code for life.

Thus they devised ideas like "the sins of the fathers" which were passed on from fathers to sons...

Thus taking human fathers, considered "dead" in these trespasses and sins passed on from the fathers, out of the equation all together, they could create a generation free from this inherited sin..

When God is the father (who supposedly is sinless) then the sins of earthly fathers are severed in that act.

Having a virgin female insured that no impurity of man defiled the process of Godly offspring.

So not only was the offspring, in body, sinless but so was the spirit of the offspring sinless also and untainted by the "sins of the fathers"...

It was also believed that "race" was determined by the father and not the mother. Women were considered to have no genealogy.

So the offspring of godly intervention would also have no race, and be considered "the second Adam"... A new father of all races proceeding them.

Since the birth is "begotten" and not "created" (poofism) that also signified differences in the two Adams...
camlok

Fri 23 Feb, 2018 10:56 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Unfortunately, poofism is in the human DNA

It somehow got crammed full up in the USian genome.
0 Replies