What good does religion offer the world today?

Tobeasone

Thu 15 Jun, 2017 02:53 pm
@TheCobbler,
Absolutely... We all have different crosses to bear... Karma! You can look at it like sowing good and bad seeds if you wish... And then reaping the rewards of your action or suffering the consequences of your action... It's all about cause and effect, action and reaction... All these people who think God can't exist, or if he does exist how can he let all this suffering exist!... This is not paradise for you to take a vacation in… {Although it can be for a few blessed people} This is a school! …And like I said you either learning from the school of bumps and knocks or the school of wisdom.. Or a combination of them both… It's kind of like a father watching his three year old little girl… She likes to run through the house, and she has this certain path she likes to take all the time… Her path takes her around the coffee table and about every fifth trip she stubbed her toe on the coffee table leg and down she goes.. Right now she is crying and in agony… She has now gone from heaven to hell for her error… Her father knows the pain for her, will last a few minutes and she will be laughing, playing and running again… The father tries to tell her, she has to make a wider corner… So it's only a matter of time, until she learns to listen to her father, and or learns to change the path on her own and get back on the path of good… as I said, It's a foolproof system… Most people will blame the father for the child's suffering… Might even want to take up a petition to outlaw coffee tables so it doesn't happen again… People don't understand that god is everything and not just the creator… God has an infinite amount of attributes but let's just concentrate on three… God is not only the creator, but the maintainer, and the destroyer… If it weren’t so, there would be no such thing as evolution and life would be boring… What's true in nature anywhere, is true in nature everywhere… Everything is born, lives for a short while, and dies… So yes!... I suffer… but when you have had a very small glimpse into eternity… Your own person suffering is no more important then a gnat on an elephant's back, and matters not… It's when man interferes with the natural order of things that he suffers… If man hadn't discovered antibiotics I would probably of die in my prime of life of some quick disease and have escaped the suffering of old age… So if death is really no big deal, Is antibiotics a good thing or a bad thing? If you take a good look at nature there is a balance of opposites, Hot cold, wet dry, and the list goes on and on… It is the middle road is where peace can be found…In reality there is no such thing like opposites like bad or good in the totality of wholeness… Good and bad can only exist in the multiplicity of one and the mind of man… Good and bad is kind of like beauty, it is in the eyes of the beholder… If you want to stop your suffering you have to change your mindset… You have to stop see thing as multiplicity in one and start looking at it as the totality of wholes… Like all things in life it just takes practice and a little time… There is at any point in time, an finite amount choices you can make… You can possible make the better choice every time without God…
reasoning logic

Thu 15 Jun, 2017 05:47 pm
@Tobeasone,
Quote:
It's kind of like a father watching his three year old little girl

I bet your experience was different than mine.

Quote:
This is not paradise for you to take a vacation in… {Although it can be for a few blessed people}

You mean like a blessing that these two little girls have such a close bond?

Tobeasone

Thu 15 Jun, 2017 05:56 pm
@TheCobbler,
Absolutely... We all have different crosses to bear... Karma! You can look at it like sowing good and bad seeds if you wish... And then reaping the rewards of your action or suffering the consequences of your action... It's all about cause and effect, action and reaction... All these people who think God can't exist, or if he does exist how can he let all this suffering exist!... This is not paradise for you to take a vacation in… {Although it can be for a few blessed people} This is a school! …And like I said you either learning from the school of bumps and knocks or the school of wisdom.. Or a combination of them both… It's kind of like a father watching his three year old little girl… She likes to run through the house, and she has this certain path she likes to take all the time… Her path takes her around the coffee table and about every fifth trip she stubbed her toe on the coffee table leg and down she goes.. Right now she is crying and in agony… She has now gone from heaven to hell for her error… Her father knows the pain for her, will last a few minutes and she will be laughing, playing and running again… The father tries to tell her, she has to make a wider corner… So it's only a matter of time, until she learns to listen to her father, and or learns to change the path on her own and get back on the path of good… as I said, It's a foolproof system… Most people will blame the father for the child's suffering… Might even want to take up a petition to outlaw coffee tables so it doesn't happen again… People don't understand that god is everything and not just the creator… God has an infinite amount of attributes but let's just concentrate on three… God is not only the creator, but the maintainer, and the destroyer… If it weren’t so, there would be no such thing as evolution and life would be boring… What's true in nature anywhere, is true in nature everywhere… Everything is born, lives for a short while, and dies… So yes!... I suffer… but when you have had a very small glimpse into eternity… Your own person suffering is no more important than a gnat on an elephant's back, and matters not… It's when man interferes with the natural order of things that he suffers… If man hadn't discovered antibiotics I would probably of die in my prime of life of some quick disease and have escaped the suffering of old age… So if death is really no big deal, Is antibiotics a good thing or a bad thing? If you take a good look at nature there is a balance of opposites, Hot cold, wet dry, and the list goes on and on… It is the middle road where peace can be found…In reality there is no such thing like opposites like bad or good in the totality of wholeness… Good and bad can only exist in the multiplicity of oneness and the mind of man… Good and bad is kind of like beauty, it is in the eyes of the beholder… If you want to stop your suffering you have to change your mindset… You have to stop see thing as multiplicity in one and start looking at it, as the totality of wholes… Like all things in life it just takes practice and a little time… There is at any point in time, an infinite amount choices you can make… You can possible make the better choice every time without God…
0 Replies

Tobeasone

Thu 15 Jun, 2017 05:59 pm
@Tobeasone,
SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST, IT WON'T LET ME DELETE IT...
0 Replies

Tobeasone

Thu 15 Jun, 2017 06:18 pm
@reasoning logic,
You don't know what their karma is... You don't even know if it's a blessing or a curse at this point... I was born highly dyslexic... I fail just about every class I had right through high school... I never heard the word until I was 19... At least know I had a reason and I wasn't just stupid... It wasn't for another 10 years before I found the book "The gift of dyslexia"... It taught me how to curve the negative side of it and and enhance the positive side of it... So the first 29 years of my life I was pleged with it... But know I wouldn't give it up for anything... So is dyslexia a good thing or a bad thing? You can't judge the outcome of their life... You have really no idea what is in store for them... You might be able to witness their suffering... But you don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing to them...
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Thu 15 Jun, 2017 07:24 pm
I will be back to comment when my posts are voted back up.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 05:15 am
It took a couple of tries, but the Southern Baptists just condemned ‘white nationalism’
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/it-took-a-couple-of-tries-but-the-southern-baptists-just-condemned-%e2%80%98white-nationalism%e2%80%99/ar-BBCJLnH?ocid=spartandhp

Our secular government did this decades ago... Why did this take so long?
0 Replies

Tobeasone

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 11:04 am
@TheCobbler,
Sorry I didn't respond to this right away I have a lot on my plate right now and I have to pick and chose my battles... It you're going to make a quality knife you're going to have to put some metal in the fire... Scratch that...Lets try a different approach… There are three words in Sanskrit call the Gunas… Here is a short article that can explain it better then me… after that I will put my twist on it… bare with me…
Guṇa (Sanskrit: गुण) depending on the context means 'string, thread or strand', or 'virtue, merit, excellence', or 'quality, peculiarity, attribute, property'.[1][2]
The concept originated in Samkhya philosophy, but is now a key concept in various schools of Hindu philosophy.[3] There are three gunas, according to this worldview, that have always been and continue to be present in all things and beings in the world.[3] These three gunas are called: sattva (goodness, constructive, harmonious), rajas (passion, active, confused), and tamas (darkness, destructive, chaotic).[4] All of these three gunas are present in everyone and everything, it is the proportion that is different, according to Hindu worldview. The interplay of these gunas defines the character of someone or something, of nature and determines the progress of life.[3][5]
In some contexts, it may mean 'a subdivision, species, kind, quality', or an operational principle or tendency of something or someone.[5]In human behavior studies, Guna means personality, innate nature and psychological attributes of an individual.[6][7][8]
There is no single word English language translation for the concept guna.[4] The usual, but approximate translation is "quality".[9]

From <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gu%E1%B9%87a>
As you can see these three words, Sattva, Rajas and Tamas are not object referral words and not easily explained.. Here's how I look at it! …There is this pond in this field and it hasn't rained for two years… It has a few fish, some algae but it's so muddy you can't see anything… This is Tamasic! Then it starts to rain and the water rushes into the pond; the dirt and sticks are hitting the fish and most of the algae is washed away as it stirs up all this mud… This is Rajastic! Then the rain stops and the sun comes out… The water coming into the pond is down to a trickle now and the water is crystal clear… This is Sattva… Now you can go from Tamas to Rajas and from Rajas to Sattva, but you can't get to Sattva without going through Rajas! These are the laws of nature and like I have said what's true in God/or nature anywhere is true everywhere! There has to be a change! You'll have to put the metal in the fire if you want a quality knife…I have been the fish; scared and not knowing what is going on… Myself like almost everybody else on this planet is in the forge… I am not the dumb fish any more and can start to see a break in the clouds for me… a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak… This gives me peace of mind, but peace of body is a different story… I put money before god and ran my body into the ground to get it and now I must pay the piper…It's not so bad… It took me almost 20 years to learn how to detach from it… Blink of an eye, piece of cake…Anyway I hope this helps you in some small way… Namaste!
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 01:03 pm
https://www.facebook.com/SusuSwamy/videos/1942758079316106/

This happened yesterday in the name of a loving deity. (cynical)

Tortured and tormented religious fools imposing their hateful gods on others.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 02:24 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCeAy_7XkAAZeKF.jpg:large
Tobeasone

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 02:53 pm
@TheCobbler,
"Tortured and tormented religious fools imposing their hateful gods on others."
There has been and always will be fools who torture other people in the name of their religion... Hell I'm torturing you now... Haha... Just kidding around...
0 Replies

Tobeasone

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 02:59 pm
@TheCobbler,
50% of human DNA is the same as a banana's!
Well Let see that shouldn't be to hard to figure out... We evolved from monkeys and monkeys eat a lot of banana's and you are what you eat.... Ya 50% sounds about right....
TheCobbler

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 03:01 pm
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19222707_10154975515778778_5065490083182233285_o.jpg?oh=7781b1569d846cbf97e2cb338b84aaf3&oe=59CFAE9D
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 03:03 pm
@Tobeasone,
It is more like, we were once bananas before we were monkeys. Before that we were rocks and simple chemistry.

rocks => bananas => monkeys => humans (and a lot of other steps along the way.)

I am sure many other plants share DNA with bananas that does not mean the plants ate bananas. Smile

Tobeasone

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 07:01 pm
@TheCobbler,
It is more like, we were once bananas before we were monkeys. Before that we were rocks and simple chemistry.

rocks => bananas => monkeys => humans (and a lot of other steps along the way.)

I am sure many other plants share DNA with bananas that does not mean the plants ate bananas. 

It's funny that you said that… I have six snakes as a hobby… It has nothing to do with my spiritual believes… I am just fascinated with these animals… I have also stuck my nose into just about every religion in the world and the Sufi religion believes that through reincarnation we have evolved from a rock, to a plant, to a animal, and so on… You have to experience everything that can be experienced, at every stage before you move on… It takes millions of years to get to be a human… Now here's the kicker! If you mess up bad enough you are regressed back in stages, depending on how bad you messed up… I literally could have Adolph Hitler in a cage in my snake room… Haha
0 Replies

daverod

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 09:32 pm
@TheCobbler,
"and an ignorantly silent, unscientific God? " What does this mean?
0 Replies

daverod

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 09:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
Do you, for some reason, find these girls 'wrong' for life??? If so, from by whose opinions and ideas does it stem from? Do you think that God can love them just as much as HE can love any other person? So, it might seem unfair that the 'world' would look upon these girls as not worthy of life but God might find them very worthy of Life.. Whose side are you going to stand with?
cicerone imposter

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 11:00 pm
@daverod,
Quote:
"For the lips of an immoral woman drip honey, And her mouth is smoother than oil; But in the end she is bitter as wormwood, Sharp as a two-edged sword. Her feet go down to death, Her steps lay hold of hell" (Proverbs 5:3-5 NKJV).

It's been my observation that especially during and after a great war, women practice prostitution to live. That's happened in most countries around the world where there was an active war.

I will never judge them. I may have done the same in a similar situation.
Krumple

Fri 16 Jun, 2017 11:13 pm
@daverod,
daverod wrote:

Do you, for some reason, find these girls 'wrong' for life??? If so, from by whose opinions and ideas does it stem from? Do you think that God can love them just as much as HE can love any other person? So, it might seem unfair that the 'world' would look upon these girls as not worthy of life but God might find them very worthy of Life.. Whose side are you going to stand with?

It actually gets worse than that.

People are basing their condemnation on a potential chance that all scriptures are written by people and no god actually exists.

You cant get any more evil than that.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Sat 17 Jun, 2017 12:12 am
I want to be President someday. (of the world)