What good does religion offer the world today?

TheCobbler

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 01:52 pm
bump (again)
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 01:56 pm
@neologist,
You are not mistaken.
TheCobbler

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 01:58 pm
@InfraBlue,
Haha, you two are hilarious. Smile
TheCobbler

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 03:17 pm
Being an anvil of truth is not about picking apart someone's faults and "sins", it is about helping people understand their own perception of fault.

It is not about judging people for their choices but more so about helping people realize whether there be negligence, prejudice and error in their judgment.

It is more about correction in logic rather than condemnation.

It is about setting a foundation for perception so the edifice atop is fitly joined.

The cornerstone of this foundation is liberty and other likewise important stones are equality, happiness, justice, reverence and freedom...
neologist

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:06 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
Haha, you two are hilarious. Smile
I surely believe I have the best sense of humor. . . Mr. Green
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 05:37 pm
@TheCobbler,
Sort of like the Constitution, as an example.
camlok

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The propaganda flows so volubly. Such hypocrisy, CI.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:33 pm
Thousands of people last night while the building was burning down in London were posting prayers online for God, Jehovah and Allah to save people from the fire.

While they neglected to wonder why these deities allowed the refrigerator to malfunction in the first place that caused such misery.

Why did these deities not work on the building owner's heart to put proper fire alarms in the building?

People died in the fire regardless of many thousands of pleas to these deities to help them...

People seem to only see the act of praying and not the cause of the disaster.

If these deities cared they would have prevented it in the first place and saved million in property loss and the lives of innocent people.
izzythepush

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:45 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
While they neglected to wonder why these deities allowed the refrigerator to malfunction in the first place that caused such misery.

Quote:
It is not yet known what caused the fire.
Matt Wrack, general secretary of the Fire Brigades Union, said "a full investigation will need to be undertaken at the first possible opportunity".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40272168

You've never let complete ignorance of the facts get in the way of your sanctimonious horseshit. I think it's disgusting that you exploit the deaths of so many innocent Londoners to make a rather petty point. They still haven't finished recovering the bodies, show some respect.
TheCobbler

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 12:47 pm
@izzythepush,
You are going on ignore shithead.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 01:35 pm
@TheCobbler,
I don't think they will be able to use logic in their rhetoric, except it's god's plan.
TheCobbler

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 02:50 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I agree CI and God has some pretty crappy plans at times.
cicerone imposter

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 03:28 pm
@TheCobbler,
We have all heard the term, "god works in mysterious ways." It's more like, "god works in contradiction of himself."
I have noticed these contradictions when we started going to church as a young teen, but all my siblings are christians today.

I had kidney failure, and recovered up to 44% after being on dialysis for several months. All my siblings believe it was god who cured me, and they say I'm stupid for not believing.

When I heard that god killed everybody on earth except Noah's ark, it told me god is not a loving god. He's responsible for killing millions of innocent humans (men, women and children) and animals.
TheCobbler

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 03:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Christians contradict themselves too, all in the name of a God that has proven no concern or care...
0 Replies

Tobeasone

Wed 14 Jun, 2017 11:44 pm
Wow… I don't know if I want to belong to this forum or not… I was hoping to be with like minded people… Not atheist… Not that I have anything against them, I just don't know what we would have in common… I hate to sound arrogant, but I feel sorry for them… They will suffer until they open their minds… Then there are people who go to church for an hour on Sundays and might even say a prayer now and then and expect good results… You can't really experience God until you get serious… If you wanted to become a concert pianist you are never going to get there practicing an hour a week… You can't get there practicing an hour a day… You'll have to practices 5 to 10 hours a day for years… Why should getting to your creator take anything less… If you want to experience God you have to have some basic knowledge of his true existents and create the proper habits that produce results… You'll want to reconnect with him, so you'll have a direct line of communication… That's when all those questions you might have from all those books you've been reading get answered… I was blessed to be born with a very strong desire to know the truth… My parents went to church… and we have had all kinds of supernatural things happen to different people in my family so it wasn't hard for me to believe in God… I thought, if there is a God, it has to be the most important thing that exist, and therefor, I should learn about it, as much as I can… I was 17 back then which was about 50 years ago… Once I learned how to communicate with our creator, the information just pours in, way faster then you can read… and it doesn't take much reasoning like it does with a book… Truths in life become quite obvious… If you want to know God you have to understand that the mind is like a monkey in a glass shop… If you don't get control over it he will break all your glass… You need to understand that the mind is also like a CB radio… You can send a message {praying} or you can receive a message.. {information} But you can't send and receive at the same time… Real knowledge comes from the experience of God himself… Everything else is pure speculation… You can't become a martial arts expert by reading a book, you have to practice… Why would it take any less effort to get to God? You start sending {Thinking/praying} the minute you wake up… In fact you have been sending all night while you are dreaming… God interjects in that gap between your thoughts… The biggest gab most people have is the brief moment when the mind stops thinking just before you fall asleep at night… That’s why the experts suggest that time for subliminal messaging,, Also like the CB radio you have to tune into a station/God you want communicate with… You can't watch a horror movie and then shut your mind down… That’s why people have nightmares… I use the lord's prayer to dial in… The lord's pray is packed full of hidden information… You'll noticed I said information… once again true knowledge comes from creating habits, that produce the experience… If you want god you're going to have to practice the presents of peace in body and mind… If you are enduring physical suffering you will have to learn to detach from it… It can be done… You can't have God without peace and you can't have peace without God… If you practice the presents of peace it is only a matter of time until they both manifest… This is when you get incredible gifts from god…You have to be careful not to give into a superiority spiritual ego… If you do, you will drop back a level and will have to practice harder to get your gifts back… This has happened to me many times… It's not like I see it as a super spiritual ego… It's just that the gifts are so incredible, I want everybody to have them, and that’s what gets me in trouble… You have to understand… It's a foolproof system… You really can't lose... You will either learn from the school of bumps and knocks, or the school of wisdom… It's only a matter of time until you get tired of suffering and turn to God… It may take hundreds of life times before you get tired of it… I am fortunate to be one of the few people who have instant karma… If I do something wrong I pay for it right away… That way it doesn't accumulate… When this stuff happens to you, your whole life, it's really hard to doubt it… If you are having trouble in life then you need to find your Dharma, your purpose in life… The way to find your purpose in life is to ask God as your falling asleep at night… This is the ask and it shall be given unto you process… The next step is seek and ye shall find… That’s all about keeping your mind and eyes open… It may take a week, a month or even more time… It will be the thing that excites you the most… God's will and your will are the same, it's just that God's will is for you is unconceivable at this point … Once you find it there is only a few things that will stop you from having your Dharma… Money, time, and other people's opinions.. If you go for it, god will provide the money and time… You will have to deal with other people's opinions… Just remember, we are not human beings trying to become spiritual, we are spiritual beings trying to be human, and that’s where the problem lays.
Namaste!
reasoning logic

Thu 15 Jun, 2017 03:37 am
@Tobeasone,
Quote:
I don't know if I want to belong to this forum or not… I was hoping to be with like minded people… Not atheist

Quote:
I just don't know what we would have in common…

Quote:
I hate to sound arrogant, but I feel sorry for them

We do have something in common "Empathy and psychopathy"
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Thu 15 Jun, 2017 11:49 am
@Tobeasone,
You sound a bit tortured for someone who has, erm, found peace...
TheCobbler

Thu 15 Jun, 2017 01:12 pm
http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/files/2017/06/HamBlamesAtheists.png

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/06/creationist-ken-ham-blames-atheists-ark-park-failure/
TheCobbler

Thu 15 Jun, 2017 01:13 pm
Izzy the pus brain is voting down my posts.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 15 Jun, 2017 01:35 pm
@TheCobbler,
Sounds like Trump blaming "fake news" on his low approval rating.
0 Replies