What good does religion offer the world today?

TheCobbler

Sat 22 Apr, 2017 07:22 am
@TheCobbler,
The aliens are not warlike they are friendly and accommodating. The first thing they will do is hook to our internet and translate all of our languages. Then they will allow the world to connect to their computers and glean many thousands of years of knowledge from their history right from our cell phones. We will be able to travel to the farthest reaches of the galaxies and back from a cell phone. We need to keep peace with each other... They will not be using our energy or resources like parasites that is a short sighted idea.
Krumple

Sat 22 Apr, 2017 10:38 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

The aliens are not warlike they are friendly and accommodating. The first thing they will do is hook to our internet and translate all of our languages. Then they will allow the world to connect to their computers and glean many thousands of years of knowledge from their history right from our cell phones. We will be able to travel to the farthest reaches of the galaxies and back from a cell phone. We need to keep peace with each other... They will not be using our energy or resources like parasites that is a short sighted idea.

"Hook to our internet"

Lol wait please I need to breath, I'm laughing so much.

Impossible. You do realize they would have to have a device that can interpret our programing language? You think they are going to know HTML as a possible code for these monkeys internet thingy?

Even if they took one of our devices, laptop, cellphone, computer, they wouldn't even know what to do with it. You seriously think they will understand what Google is and start systematically learning our languages? Lol

There are NO space aliens visiting Earth, none. You are silly and bordering on making dumb comments.
neologist

Sat 22 Apr, 2017 10:48 am
@Krumple,
Amazing that we can find so many places of agreement.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 22 Apr, 2017 10:51 am
@Krumple,
Con is a fiction writer. Wink
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Sat 22 Apr, 2017 03:25 pm
@Krumple,
Yes, only humans are grand enough to understand zeros and ones. lol
Krumple

Sat 22 Apr, 2017 06:25 pm
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

The net doesn't work on binary as output. It needs to have an interpreter program. Sure computers reduce complex programing languages down to machine code at run time. But the sequence of binary input and output only makes sense within the language they come from and export to.

You can't just hook up a binary reader and know what the results are you are getting. They are specific for the software.

Also wifi is similar. Sure it sends in packets of bits. Without the interpreter you have no way of knowing what the data is for.

For example an image being sent to your device wouldn't make any sense to an alien computer. Because why would they assume it's a picture and not text? You can't determine what data is for which part of the page because net data flow is non-linear.

You obviously know little about how computers work. So I can't really call you an idiot here. Just ignorant of how the system works.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Sun 23 Apr, 2017 06:40 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Glad somebody else saw the humor in that absurdity. If we can decode DNA then an interstellar traveling civilization would not have a lot of trouble figuring out HTML.
TheCobbler

Tue 25 Apr, 2017 07:07 pm
@Leadfoot,
If Russia can hack the DNC, then aliens, with presumably greater technology, perhaps hundreds of thousands of years more advanced, can hack our internet. They would know exactly what to expect and they may have been observing our technology for years as it is.

Our languages and computer skills would seem like Lincoln logs and baby building blocks.

Our programing languages have taken many millions of human hours that could perhaps be decoded by alien computers within moments. With displays using simple red, green and blue color frequencies.

Then the big tech companies and the plutocracy can get an idea of what it is like being spied on and having their own privacy invaded by other interests for "self gain".

I think the aliens would be much less likely to use "we the people" solely for greater shareholder profits.
Olivier5

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 09:56 am
Pope Francis calls for a "revolution of tenderness" on TED talk.

https://www.ted.com/talks/pope_francis_why_the_only_future_worth_building_includes_everyone?language=en

Extracts: https://www.ncronline.org/news/media/ted-talk-pope-urges-people-make-real-connections
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 10:07 am
@TheCobbler,
You're doing a lot of projecting there.
cicerone imposter

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 10:14 am
@izzythepush,
Cobb has good imagination; he can foresee things most people don't.
izzythepush

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 10:56 am
@cicerone imposter,
We can all imagine stuff, in the end it's just wishful thinking. What if the aliens have already screwed up their own planet and are looking for somewhere else to occupy?
cicerone imposter

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 11:23 am
@izzythepush,
I don't worry about things I don't worry about. Wink
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 12:11 pm
I wonder if the aliens will support net neutrality or net totality? Smile
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 12:15 pm
@izzythepush,
Smile This is a thread about religion, so discussions of aliens and flying saucers are merely part of the game.

http://www.cosmotography.com/images/close_new_m101.jpg

Extraterrestrial life is much more plausible than invisible God ghosts.
izzythepush

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 01:15 pm
@TheCobbler,
I never said it wasn't, I just thought your vision was a bit too rose tinted. Aliens are alien, they may not even notice us.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 26 Apr, 2017 02:19 pm
Religion is another form of commerce. It's been pretty successful based on all the beautiful churches that have been built.
Here's 23 of them: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/arts-and-culture/The-worlds-most-beautiful-churches/

I have visited this one: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/Travel/galleries/travel/artsandculture/The-worlds-most-beautiful-churches/icelandAP_3254928a-large.jpg
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Wed 3 May, 2017 09:14 am
The GOP have, "turned the truth into a lie (fake news) and worshiped the creation (Wall Street) more than the creator."

They leave a void of uninsured people in their wake, take food from the mouth of babes to feed the rich and have the audacity to call themselves Christians.

They value physical labor over spiritual labor.

They live by the flesh and their Washington prostitutes over living by the spirit of our US constitution.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Sat 6 May, 2017 07:02 am
The Democrats giveth affordable healthcare and the Republicans try and taketh away.

God is the life giver and the devil is the life taker.

John 10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

When I was a Republican I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as child but when I became a Democrat I put away childish things...

The Gospel according to The Cobbler
reasoning logic

Sat 6 May, 2017 07:08 am
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
God is the life giver and the devil is the life taker.

The DNC is not God. Both the DNC and The RNC are both slave masters the difference between the two is that the DNC hides it better but the DNC lawsuit will hopefully become more widely publicized where all democrats will know.