Either Scott Walker is Crazy, or He is Crazy Good

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 06:20 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
I guess median income figures are meaningless too?
Re the gov? You seriously need to ask?

Quote:
How do you approach institutions in general when it looks you and yours can never find a path toward more economic security?

Actually, I have pretty much no interest in economic security. I think people should be hungry, they should be motivated to work their ass off to build something, to get something done. Economic insecurity brings clarity to the mind hopefully too. If you can be stupid and fail because of it maybe just maybe you dont want to be stupid.

you dont get it I know, because you are a liberal. I am not a conservative but at least I have some minimal understanding of their beliefs, and they are not always wrong.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2015 08:50 pm
I guess Hingehead made up that meme himself, since he refuses to source and date it.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 03:58 pm
Quote:
Ted Cruz: First Act as President Will Be to Undo Obama’s Unconstitutional Executive Orders

I can see Walker picking up that idea, or Rand Paul. Anyway it sure sounds good.

http://www.teaparty.org/ted-cruz-first-act-president-will-undo-obamas-unconstitutional-executive-orders-92316/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ted-cruz-first-act-president-will-undo-obamas-unconstitutional-executive-orders&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 04:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
And you have that most prominent of conservative traits - a '**** you jack I'm OK' lack of empathy.

Nothing in what I said stops people from working their asses off to improve their situation.

That you don't get it is no surprise to me at all.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 04:27 pm
@hingehead,
Got the source and dates on that meme?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 1 Apr, 2015 06:16 pm
@hingehead,
Quote:
And you have that most prominent of conservative traits - a '**** you jack I'm OK' lack of empathy.
Only because you refuse to believe what I tell you about why I believe what I believe. Such rudeness and lack of faith in humans is unfortunately a trait I often see in the left. Not so much in the right.

Quote:
Nothing in what I said stops people from working their asses off to improve their situation.
Who said that it did. Again you refuse to pay attention, you substitute your fantasy for what other people say.

Quote:
That you don't get it is no surprise to me at all.

Define "it".
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 04:13 pm
The Koch Brothers have picked their man for 2016 and it's Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker. He never graduated college and has held political office since he was 26. He's 47 now. He's anti-union, anti-abortion (including rape and incest), opposes gay marriage, attends an evangelical Christian church, cuts taxes, supports school vouchers, cuts public education funding, and supports abstinence only sex education.

And so far he's the best candidate the Republicans have. I give you Mitt Romney 2.0! Cool
woiyo

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2015 06:12 am
@jcboy,
The Koch Bros have been wrong before. So I really do not care who they support as their interests do not line up with mine.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 23 Apr, 2015 12:24 pm
@jcboy,
At this point Walker is clearly the best bet for the R's. That doesnot mean that he will not fall apart under the grind.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 02:47 pm
@hawkeye10,
I like Walker but I don't think he is going to make it through the next year plus. The bias media is going to do everything they can to take him apart and do their best to keep Hillary at the top of the list.
hingehead

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 02:59 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
The bias media is going to do everything they can to take him apart

Thank god for Fox News hey?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 03:09 pm
@Baldimo,
Scott Walker is like Tim Pawlenty light.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2015 05:25 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Scott Walker is like Tim Pawlenty light.

This would be the politically washed up at 55 Pawlenty, the lets be irresponsible with the budget and push the problems down the road Pawlenty?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 27 May, 2015 03:13 am
The disfunction in the WI jobs agency is really bad for Walker. The program is mismanaged and Walker was the boss.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 04:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
http://www.wkow.com/story/30072499/2015/09/20/walker-at-0-in-new-national-poll

Quote:
Madison (WKOW) -- A new national poll shows Governor Scott Walker polling at 0 percent in the race for the Republican presidential nomination.

The CNN/ORC poll released Sunday shows there were five candidates who received less than one percent of support from likely Republican voters. Walker was among them, joined by former Virginia Governor Jim Gilmore, South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, and former New York Governor George Pataki. Less than one percent equates to zero percent, statistically.

The results show Donald Trump is still the front-runner with 24 percent, but has lost ground from earlier in the month. However Carly Fiorina jumped to second place with 15 percent.

Another category Walker falters in is recognition. Walker has the second-worst polling numbers in name recognition. The poll shows 25 percent of likely Republican voters say they've never heard of him. All other candidates except for Ohio governor John Kasich were more recognizable to likely Republicans.

The poll began the day after the most recent Republican debate on CNN
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2015 08:14 pm
@ehBeth,
Walker for about the last month has been arguing that the elite need to keep him in as the backup establishment guy after Bush, but these numbers are so bad that the argument does not work, that is Marco Rubio's role.

Quote:
Walker has had lower negatives than many of his rivals — lower than Republicans such as Trump, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush. In theory, that gives him a higher ceiling.

The bad news is that he seems to have a lower floor, too, hitting rock bottom at 1% or 2% in some recent state and national polls. That suggests not only that his support last spring was something of a mirage — soft and unsustainable — but that he lacks a bedrock base of firm support going forward.

“It's not like (GOP voters) suddenly don't like Scott Walker any more. They're just more excited about other people,” said Tom Jensen of Public Policy Polling, a Democratic firm that has polled frequently on the GOP race.

“Walker still has relatively low (negatives),” says Gallup’s Newport. “He doesn’t have to beat back a bad image, but he has to create an image.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/328432011.html

I think that is right...he is the anti union guy but unions have been getting creamed for a long time, it is not a big issue for the right. What else is this guy Walker about? Based upon his campaign IDK. He was supposed to be about economic revitalization but Wisconsin reality has not cooperated. He seems to have nothing else. That he is about the poorest person running would have been good, but he has taken too much money from the elite for that to work.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2015 05:02 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Today, I believe that I am being called to lead by helping to clear the field in this race so that a positive, conservative message can rise to the top of the field. With this in mind, I will suspend my campaign immediately," Walker said at a news conference in Madison, Wisconsin.

He encouraged other trailing Republican candidates to follow his path.

"I encourage other Republican presidential candidates to consider doing the same so that the voters can focus on a limited number of candidates who can offer a positive, conservative alternative to the current front-runner," said Walker, referencing businessman Donald Trump. "This is fundamentally important to the future of our party, and, more important, the future of the country."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/21/politics/scott-walker-drops-out-2016-election/index.html

What a putz, Walker is out because he was rejected by the people and since his horrible first debate by the elite as well. He is out of money and he is polling at around 1%. He is out because he failed, not because he is doing a good deed. Everyone knows this. He was probably washed up in this profession anyways but he could have gone out with some class.
0 Replies