Reagans Not Delighted With Bush

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 04:01 pm
Several things just lately indicate that ole bushinc may not really have the blessings of the Reagans.....man if they started coming out against bushinc it would sure be fun to watch the obvious suspects on these threads heads explode under the strain of not knowing where to put their loyalties.....man this could be fun Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.nbc6.net/news/3424816/detail.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,770 • Replies: 36
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 04:06 pm
BPB, What I enjoyed most was during the services for president Reagan in Simi Valley, when the son said that their father didn't wear his religion on his sleeve like some politicians. Wink
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 04:19 pm
And let's not forget the stem cell battle coming up.

Nancy's Next Campaign
0 Replies

Anoxia

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:08 pm
Ah, yes, the stem cell battle will be very upfront, I'm predicting.... and that ad was in very poor taste, in my opinion.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:30 pm
Why was it in poor taste?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:30 pm
GWBush, "I, George W Bush approve the following ad." Reagan's, "We do not approve of Bush's ad using the image of our father." That's the slap in the face I've been waiting for - for a long time.
0 Replies

Anoxia

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 06:01 am
Its in poor taste because he died, and the family didn't approve.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 06:07 am
The ad IS in miserable taste. It is also an attempt by the Bush supporters to grab a hold indirectly of some of the Reagan popularity.

Hey, what the hell, it's politics. I expect much worse from both sides this fall!
0 Replies

Anoxia

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 06:09 am
Oh yes, and when have these races NOT been in poor taste? Well, then again, I guess some pres races have been worse than others.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 06:15 am
Interesting how the White House sent out Laura with their message of disapproval. I guess they figure no one will get too mad at her.

Hopefully, most people will see past that, do their own thinking and make their own decisions of what to support. Of course, IMHO, not supporting stem cell is a marker of what party NOT to vote for.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 06:20 am
Quote:
Of course, IMHO, not supporting stem cell is a marker of what party NOT to vote for.

ehBeth- That remark raised my anxiety level a few notches. The stem cell issue is one of the reasons that I dislike Bush, as is his stand on abortion. Republicans are supposed to be a party of small government, yet Bush would tie the hands of scientists, and peek into citizens' bedrooms, for no other reason than his own personal religious convictions.

Dammit..................if only Kerry wasn't such a schmuck!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 07:28 am
My local librarian advises me on all sort of political issues and I follow them religiously.

Phoenix, I can't remember any election where I didn't hold my nose and vote.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:37 am
Quote:
Phoenix, I can't remember any election where I didn't hold my nose and vote.

Lightwizard- So true. I was too young to worry about WWII, but I am concerned about the security of the US, as the world stands now.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:42 am
Phoenix's quote, "Dammit..................if only Kerry wasn't such a schmuck!" Frustrat'n isn't it?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:43 am
Phoenix's quote, "Dammit..................if only Kerry wasn't such a schmuck!" Frustrat'n isn't it?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:54 am
I'm getting my clothespin ready for November. Just getting rid of Bush is not going to make me overjoyed.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:57 am
Once again I say Kerry MAY turn out to suck....bush as we know DOES suck...I'm willing to gamble that Kerry can't make things any worse and even if he makes things just a LITTLE better better is better.......and why not give him a chance? Even bushinc got it's chance...with less credentials to bring to the party than Kerry.......
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:10 am
Bush's "credentials" are known as the silver spoon. As far as Kerry marrying into money, some members here need to read about George Washington.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:10 am
Thats some logic that I find difficult to refute there bear, so I guess Im gonna go with it. I still like CI's comment
"If only Kerry wasnt such a schmuck'

I liked Ronnies speech where he made the point that Bush uses his religion as a mANDATE. scary stuff

I also like the reagans realistic support of stem cell research. its the next very big breakthrough possibly allowing recovery and cure through organic "overhauls" of entire tissue and organ groups.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:50 am
farmerman, That was Phoenix's quote. I just repeated it to respond. I think the majority of the "don't reelect Bush" camp can't find any enthusiasm for Kerry. But we are coming to the same conclusion as BPB, Kerry can't be any worse, and better is better any way we cut it.
0 Replies