a book on acting

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 06:06 pm
Is there a acting book how to act with anxiety ??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,407 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2015 07:31 pm
@edgarolivo32,
Don Knotts wrote it.
edgarolivo32

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 07:46 pm
@Ragman,
What's the name of the acting book
chai2

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2015 07:52 pm
@edgarolivo32,
edgar, ragman was pulling your leg. Actually, he was pretty funny with that comment.

Are you familiar with the late actor Don Knotts?

In most roles (comedy) he placed a person who was nervous/anxious.

Therefore, he was "acting with anxiety"

In any event, I can't believe you can't just google articles, etc regarding overcoming anxiety while acting. I just did, and came up with a lot of results.

Please don't ask me what the results were. I just told you exactly what to google search for.

0 Replies

stagefae

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2015 04:23 pm
@edgarolivo32,
Hi, If you'd like my unprofessional opinion, I would say that the best thing that works for me (an actress with anxiety) is to always remember to breathe and try my best to slow things down because as you know things can all seem to happen very fast and you can get flustered. I try to remember TWO things (just two) while i'm on stage and trying to keep my anxiety in check, and that is to stop thinking and LISTEN, the less time you spend in your own head the better because you must be present on stage and in the scene. The second, more obscure advice is when you are thinking about what you and your character are doing is to act out of what the character "wants". Seems pretty basic I know but usually when I get anxious on stage I am thinking about what I as I was born wants, not what I as my character wants.

Hope this helps you and any other acting person with anxiety.

Again, this is only my opinion on what has helped me get through. Smile
0 Replies