Self-Beatings???

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2015 10:39 pm
I have an issue with mentally beating myself. For example "I am a failure!; I will never amount to anything!; What good am I?; Why am I still alive?" Things like that.

I have attempted, unsuccessfully, to change my way of thinking, however, every time something doesn't go well I am right back to that thought pattern. Some of the triggers that begin me thinking like that are ... My dead end job, My relationship, My education, Feeling/Thinking like that ... Those are just to list a few.

I guess my question is ... Should I seek professional help?

I am not sure what route to take. Me thinking like this is beginning to really effect my relationship. I don't know if I can change it. I have been thinking this way about myself for as long as I can remember. I have always thought nothing of myself. I was raised to believe that I was nothing (Ward of the State).

Yes I have and still do think about suicide, I know that isn't the answer, and that it will only make things worse for those I love. I have attempted a couple of times many years ago. I don't believe I will attempt again, however, every so often I find myself doing a Google search for suicide methods.

So back to my question ... Should I seek professional help, or should I rely on my family, (I would say friends, but I don't have any)?

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2015 10:46 pm
@Cruise105,
Quote:
I guess my question is ... Should I seek professional help?

Yes. The sooner the better.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2015 11:11 pm
@Cruise105,
Untreated depression can hold you back and suck the joy out of life. Many people have had nightmare childhoods and learned to overcome it. People who constantly indoctrinate children that they are bound to be losers, are the real losers. Some people can only be satisfied if they make other people feel inadequate.

Please seek out a doctor or therapist that can help you. It doesn't mean you are weak or there is something flawed in you. A neutral party can help you put things in perspective, and should be able to help you grow stronger. Good luck, let us know how you are doing.
0 Replies

donna downing

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2015 10:14 am
@Cruise105,
Hey how are you? I know this reply is long over due but as I was reading through the forums posts I encountered your thread and I just felt the necessity to reply. I do hope you were able to seek professional help because you really do look like suffering from depression. Negative, intrusive thoughts are symptoms of depression.

So yes, to seek professional help is your primary move, get diagnosed and treatment. Know regarding the treatments, medications are the quick way out but I don't recommend it much since it has many potential side effects. Therapy would be best and you can back it up with natural remedies for depression. Endoca Hemp products are organic products based from industrialized hemp. This product contains CBD which has anti depressant properties that helps alleviate depression. You can also try yoga and some mindfulness programs to deal with the intrusive thoughts.

I do hope you're okay and I wish this post still reaches you. Please stop with the self-harm it would do you no good. Let me know how you are.
0 Replies