18 y/o f at a loss

mppugh

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2022 08:12 pm
hi. i don’t know where else to go or who to ask, so any advice is appreciated.
i am 18. i live between my narcissistic mother’s house and my two married friends. i have physical & mental health problems that have debilitated me for years, more and more as time goes by.
i have no car or transportation (i only have the friends i live w/ and my family— none of whom could help me get to or from work)
i have about 2-400$ income a month (i do online SW) but obviously that isn’t really anything. i use cannabis medicinally and spend <$200 a month on it. i can barely afford food and necessities, especially considering i pay about $100-200 in bills a month with my friends.

whenever i ask my mother for help i am made to feel greedy, ungrateful, and unwelcome.
i need a physical job, i need to support myself. i cannot work in food service— i lose my mind. i don’t know what to do anymore. i’m about at my wits end as i have been more than a handful of times in my life but this time i dont know if i can take it. i sleep on the floor or a couch. i am dependent on my mother, but get called a ******* idiot when i say that to her out loud. i need help and i couldnt even get SSI because they denied me. the food stamp office never called me back for a phone interview. my mom also might have cancer, so even if i needed more help im **** out of luck.
i cant walk 2 miles a day to stand for hours at a time. my body wont let me do it. but i have no options. i dont want to fall off the deep end

but yeah idk i just need advice. i dont know what to do anymore. im tired of being a failure and a pest. im tired of being poor and depressed. i just want to feel safe and happy and fulfilled. i dont even know where to start :/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,089 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Mame

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2022 10:12 am
@mppugh,
There should be some helpline phone numbers in your area - Crisis Center - something like that that a) can talk with you, and b) provide you with resources that can help you. I wish you all the best.
0 Replies

Yalow

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2022 07:08 pm
@mppugh,
In which country do you live?
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Fri 20 May, 2022 05:57 pm
@mppugh,
Stranded in the middle of nowhere with no income. Your 18.

A. what you want to be when your grown up?
B. College, Military, Retail, Office employee, City, Fed ???
C. Think like you have no resources and not working on anything what else can you do with your time ?
D. Trades and skills. Like to fly a jet-liner for the airlines ?

Look at yourself in the mirror and write down ( record your voice ) of what you could see yourself doing forever.

If I was $#@#$# and realize all the nutjobs in my area locally who do not want to hire me I would just be a surgeon, change my name, and only talk with me family on the phone
0 Replies