The 9/11 Commision Are Liars? Right?

saintsfanbrian

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 03:30 pm
When we cannot criticize our leaders we become slaves to them. No I don't like everything that Bush has done, but I do support our troops that are over there fighting a war that no one thinks they will win.

I support our President for making a decision that he felt was right (and that congress backed him on let us not forget.)

I support your right to not like it too.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 03:33 pm
I don't support all of Clintons actions, or Carters, or Nixons, but I liked all three of them and voted for them.......and by end of story I meant, as I hope you're brioght enough to realize, that my statement was factual. You can keep the story going as long as you like, but don't make me out to be like you or the other bush worshippers please.

tell the truth you don't think we needed any reason to enter Iraq except that your boy wanted to.
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:04 pm
Now that isn't true is it? I have stated the reasons for entering Iraq. Like it or not, Dessert Sheild/Storm ended in a cease fire, not a declaration of surrender. Therefore, as long as both sides maintained the agreement of the cease fire all was okay. He didn't so we didn't. That is enough. Bush shouldn't have had to go in. Clinton should have.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:16 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I was just stirring the pot. no bush supporter will ever do anything but defend his actions to the end because most bush supporters are just like him. They're glad we invaded Iraq because bush wanted to and excuses are built around the action, not the opposite. End of story.

I was hoping that was what you were doing BPB. Sometimes it is good to stir the pot---makes everyone think a little bit.
0 Replies

tony2481

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:26 pm
The AP article was attempting to "throw cold water" on the Bush admin. Their first line was written to make the reader think BushCo lied. If you read the whole article, they do say that BushCo rejected the idea that Saddam took any part in 9/11

As far as the 9/11 report, i hear 2 destinct points:
1. Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11
2. Saddam had ties to Al Queda

That sounds like what i remember the Bush Admin saying.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:32 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Oh, they never came out and said it, but they sure as hell wanted people to THINK it.

I mean, Bush's speech writers aren't stupid. If you and I can figure this stuff out, so can they. Therefore, do you think they honestly didn't do that on purpose?

Cycloptichorn

Oh I believe it was purposefully done. But not to create the idea that Saddam had anything to do with 9/11. I think it was done to lead or mislead (depending on your view) people into believing that their was some link between Saddam and Bin Laden. Never was it even hinted at to my knowledge that Saddam had anything to do with 9/11. If I am wrong and someone can point me to proof otherwise, I will humbly admit my error.

I think there is a bit of truth in many of the ideas expressed on the boards as to why we went in. Let's face it, Saddam had been thumbing his nose at the US for a while. He repeatedly violated terms of the cease-fire by firing on aircraft patrolling the no-fly zones. Even though at the end he was appearing to be more cooperative with inspectors, he had for years fought over their freedom to inspect sites. And of course I won't even mention his treatment of his own people. That said, I would even admit that I think the current Bush may very well have looked for a reason to go in to finish the job his dad started. Were there or are there WMD's of any sizable amount? Does not appear so at this point. But the question then is did Bush believe there were. I think he honestly did. Heck, if we could go back in time to 6 months before we went in, I'll bet a lot of you on here would have also said he had them.

Anyway, the point of this long and boring post is that there are lots of reasons to argue over why we are there and whether we should be there. We don't have to make any up by hinting that we were led to believe that Saddam and Bin Laden were working together on the 9/11 attacks.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:58 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Isn't that why we were in Vietnam? To keep people like Pol pot from power and to halt the spread of communism?

Wrong country, wrong party, wrong system. Pol Pot was Cambodia's dictator, not Vietnam's; Pol Pot was Maoist, Ho Chi Minh Marxist-Leninist. And before you go, "well, I said people like Pol Pot, whats the big difference between all of that", perhaps its good to remember that it was the Vietnamese communists you went to fight in Saigon who actually done liberated Cambodia from Pol Pot. Whereas the US was among those who long afterwards insisted on keeping the Cambodian UN seat reserved for Pol Pots party and allies, because they didnt want to recognize the Vietnamese occupation of the country. The irony, eh?
0 Replies

tony2481

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 06:04 pm
We were in Vietnam to protect the French rubber commerce. The French colonized the country and threatened America when the communists threatened their rubber trees. We also didn't want communism to spread, but we were there to help a friend (although their friendship is now very questionable).

Sorry to be off the subject
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 06:09 pm
CoastalRat wrote:
BPB has inferred that the admin said the two were working together on th 9/11 attacks, and believing that she is not weak minded and easily fooled, I will assume she knows that Bush & Co. never actually said such a thing. So I guess she is simply being confrontational in suggesting that they ever said Saddam and Bin Laden were working together on the 9/11 attacks.

Well, this is what Cheney was reported as saying, last September:

Quote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10734-2003Sep14.html:

Further, Cheney argued that new evidence found in Iraq proved more ties between Hussein and Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda organization, and he argued that Iraq was the "geographic base" for the perpetrators of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. "If we're successful in Iraq . . . then we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11," he said in an hour-long interview on NBC's "Meet the Press."

More in this thread
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 06:25 pm
nimh wrote:
CoastalRat wrote:
BPB has inferred that the admin said the two were working together on th 9/11 attacks, and believing that she is not weak minded and easily fooled, I will assume she knows that Bush & Co. never actually said such a thing. So I guess she is simply being confrontational in suggesting that they ever said Saddam and Bin Laden were working together on the 9/11 attacks.

Well, this is what Cheney was reported as saying, last September:

Quote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10734-2003Sep14.html:

Further, Cheney argued that new evidence found in Iraq proved more ties between Hussein and Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda organization, and he argued that Iraq was the "geographic base" for the perpetrators of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. "If we're successful in Iraq . . . then we will have struck a major blow right at the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11," he said in an hour-long interview on NBC's "Meet the Press."

More in this thread

she said? were you thinking the bi-polar bear was a woman? I realize I'm beautiful and desired by men and women alike, but I am a male bear.

And as yu can see by nimhs' post and as common sense dictates, Georgies Big Iraqi Adventure was sold to the American public using the Al Quaeda tie gambit.......many times.....
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:29 am
Sorry BPB, I misspoke. I am ashamed and a bit red-faced over my faux pas. Smile

And I will also state that I have not denied that the admin has claimed ties between Bin Laden and Saddam. And yes, Cheney did say as nimh points out that Bush believed that Iraq was the geographic base for the 9/11 attacks. But Cheney does not say that they worked together on the attacks. There is a difference. Example: John Wilkes Booth had as a "geographic base" the boarding house of Mary Surratt. But history has pretty much absolved Surratt of any guilt or knowledge in the planning or execution of the assassination of Lincoln.

Just because Cheney says Iraq was the "geographic base" does not mean that Saddam and Bin Laden were working together on the 9/11 attacks. At least, not in the way I think you hinted at in your initial post.
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 06:51 am
tony2481 wrote:
We were in Vietnam to protect the French rubber commerce. The French colonized the country and threatened America when the communists threatened their rubber trees. We also didn't want communism to spread, but we were there to help a friend (although their friendship is now very questionable).

Right Rolling Eyes ....
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 06:55 am
Most of the usual crowd are silent on this one! I wonder why that is?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 07:20 am
Cheney was insisting as recently as this past Monday in a speech in Florida that Iraq "had long-established ties with Al Qaeda."
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 07:24 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=745949#745949
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 07:29 am
Mullah Krekar (Ansar al-Islam) lives in Norway at the moment. Jordan has requested for his extradition, and has already given him some years of forced labour, if I recall it correctly.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 11:50 am
I wonder why we don't put all of the Iraq topics under one thread with subtitles for related Iraq topics instead of having to go all over the board to talk about the same thing?

Anyway. I find that whole bit about the meet between bin laden and the iraq intellegence officer to be odd every which you look at it. I basically just think after reading everything that Bin Laden offered, saddam checked it out and then decided not to follow up on it and that is that. Apparently Saddam had all kinds of offers for all sorts of things from all kinds of people who apparently all hate the US or want to use us for their own reasons.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2026&e=11&u=/latimests/20040617/ts_latimes/spyworkiniraqriddledbyfailures
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:15 pm
Lee Hamilton, one of the lead fellows in the 9/11 commission stated that there ARE links between AQ and Saddam.

Just heard it on a radio report.
0 Replies