Foo Foo is missing :-(

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:31 pm
Oh dear god I am glad my spider sense worked this time. When just dlowan was posting I was gonna crack a joke about her avatar and maybe link to the whack a bunny game. But then I thought better of it.

Spidy sense is telling me even a reference to the mere thought of a joke is going to result in testicular loss, but I can only bow to common sense half the time.

I'll prepare an apology in case it's needed.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:36 pm
Spider sense?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:38 pm
<runs brain into over drive checking for possible offense ossociated with spiders>

<decides she just doan't know what it is>

From Spiderman deb, a girly intuition of sorts.

Anywho, let me go, these threads make me clench in fright.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:49 pm
Margo
Nope, still nothing and I've given up hope.

Eva
As you know, I'm always first in line for a good joke, but not at times when my feelings are involved. I truly understand that Gus and CJ were trying to make me laugh and I appreciate them trying. There is just no way I can laugh right now, nor do I want too. I can understand how they thought I'd get a kick out of the jokes since I'm always joking around about something, but even though it's not seen often, you are all seeing the most serious side of me that there is. I hope I didn't make Gus or CJ feel bad because I certainly didn't want to do that.

CJ
No worries ;-)

Gus
Please know that I'm not mad at you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 05:23 pm
Oh, I'm sorry to hear there hasn't been any good news on the Foo Foo front, Montana.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 06:25 pm
Thanks Beth. My son and I went to the SPCA today and found a kitten that grabbed our hearts. Actually, all the kittens did since they were all so adorable. We were there for atleast 2 hours before we finally decided. Unfortunately, we were not able to take her home today since they have to do some checking up on me first. Maybe tomorrow though.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:31 pm
Yeah, I had to be checked out before I could even meet Spooky. I got to touch his picture, though.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:57 pm
What does the kitten look like, Montana?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:13 am
roger wrote:
Yeah, I had to be checked out before I could even meet Spooky. I got to touch his picture, though.

I'm actually glad that they do check people out because it shows that they care about the animals :-D

Eva
The kitten it pure white with green eyes. She's beautiful. There was another kitten there that caught my eye first which was also white with the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen, but the kitten seemed so depressed and wasn't playful at all. I've never seen such a sad kitten before. Poor thing.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 02:05 am
Aw, Montana, I'm so sorry about poor Foo Foo .... I've been off-line for a few days (computer virus! Shocked ) & haven't caught up with this till now.
I know how it feels when a beloved critter goes missing: Awful! What can I say but how sorry I am? Sad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 02:34 am
Thanks so much Olga. I think the worst part is that I'm certain that she was taken by some predator and I always thought she was safe out there. I have terrible thoughts of my poor Foo Foo being eaten alive and I was too stupid to know that it could have happened. If I had known that a damn bird could harm her, I would have set up some kind of large canvas covering to protect her. I feel terribly guilty for what happened to her. I spent most of my life in the city where there were no eagles, hawks, or even owls, so it never crossed my mind that they counld actually pick up a full grown rabbit weighing about 4 lbs. I learned an extremely heartbreaking lesson from this and from here on in, my pets will be indoor pets where I know I can keep them safe.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 02:57 am
(((((Montana)))))

Yes, I would feel awful, too. The same as I (as a "city person") wouldn't have realized the dangers, either. <sigh> It's understandable that you feel as you do. So grieve & learn from what happened. The same mistake will never happen to you again, I'm certain! But don't be too hard on yourself, OK?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 10:32 am
The kitten sounds gorgeous, Montana! How old is she? Can you bring her home today?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:29 pm
White cats are often deaf.
That may have been the problem with the other one.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:43 pm
No problem, margo. It's only blue eyed white cats that inherit the deafness causing gene. There is even some esoteric breding program that uses an odd eyed white (one blue eye, one copper) as an intermediate to producing blue eyed whites with normal hearing.

I'm sure.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:49 pm
msolga wrote:
(((((Montana)))))

Yes, I would feel awful, too. The same as I (as a "city person") wouldn't have realized the dangers, either. <sigh> It's understandable that you feel as you do. So grieve & learn from what happened. The same mistake will never happen to you again, I'm certain! But don't be too hard on yourself, OK?

I'll try not too. Thanks ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:51 pm
Montana, there is a super-sweet little white rabbit at the MA mspca at Angell.... if you're down this way....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 12:58 pm
Eva
She's 6 weeks old and is very beautiful. They told me it would take a day or two to check me out and then they'd call. Every time the phone rings today, I'm disapointed when it's not them. I went out today to get some cat litter, kitten food, and a bunch of little cat toys. I wish they'd call so no one comes along and scoops up the one we picked.

Margo & Roger
That would make sense. In fact, the blue eyed kitten was in a cage with 4 other kittens that were just as quiet as she was and I found that very odd. Maybe all the kittens in that cage were deaf.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 01:04 pm
littlek wrote:
Montana, there is a super-sweet little white rabbit at the MA mspca at Angell.... if you're down this way....

Thanks Littlek, but I think we're gonna try a change this time. Our last 2 pets were rabbits and I'd kind of like a little kitten this time. The SPCA here also has plenty of bunnies and as tempting as it was, we're gonna stick with a little kitty.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2004 01:07 pm
Come ON damn phone.....RING!!!!
0 Replies