Foo Foo is missing :-(

Eva

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 11:38 pm
If I were there right now, Montana, I'd give you a big hug.

BTW, an indoor kitten sounds like a fine idea!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 02:00 am
Thanks Eva and Hug right back.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 03:24 am
yeh , we feel really low when a pet dies or is lost , but really, wed have it no other way. we sometimes develop these really neat bonds between other species and you know they like to 'hang out" with us. i had a pet crow when I was a kid and he had this stupid way of hopping around when we were together. I interpreted that to be a sign of a happy crow, i still remember him and feel sad after 40 years.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 06:29 am
Quote:
Gus
I am very sensative and hurting terribly right now, so please don't be cruel.

Sorry, Montana. I thought a little "gallows humor" might ease the tension.

Serves me right for thinking.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 07:03 am
Montana, in all seriousness, I do feel for you. I looked at your cross-stitch pictures in the gallery. I don't know, and I hope I don't sound insensitive, but I think a cross-stitch tribute to the rabbit might help you get through this. I often find that when I'm down about anything, I feel the need to write. Your work is really beautiful, by the way, so I thought it might be fitting to channel your sad feelings into that. Am I wrong for suggesting this? I hope not. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 07:30 am
oh so sorry about Foo Foo - the not knowing is the worst.

Cav's idea sounds good. I'm off to look at your cross stitch work now ....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:24 am
farmerman wrote:
yeh , we feel really low when a pet dies or is lost , but really, wed have it no other way. we sometimes develop these really neat bonds between other species and you know they like to 'hang out" with us. i had a pet crow when I was a kid and he had this stupid way of hopping around when we were together. I interpreted that to be a sign of a happy crow, i still remember him and feel sad after 40 years.

What a cool story farmerman. If it's not a bug I can almost bond with anything.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:43 am
Montana wrote:

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother getting pets since I grieve so much when they're gone, but then I think about all the animals out there who just need someone like me to give them all the love I have and off I am getting my next pet.

My son and I actually went to a pet store today and decided we wanted a kitten.

Hey, we need them too.

If it't weren't for international borders, and the fear the adventure might drive it insane, I would send one of mine. Even Barney.

Aw, Montana, you know Gus always means well. Just not good timing this time.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:43 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Quote:
Gus
I am very sensative and hurting terribly right now, so please don't be cruel.

Sorry, Montana. I thought a little "gallows humor" might ease the tension.

Serves me right for thinking.

Gus
You know I'm always one of the first people in line to read your jokes. You keep me laughing and I couldn't imagine A2K without you. Unfortunately, I don't feel like laughing these days and I'll never laugh at jokes about people or animals that I loved. I know you meant well Gus.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:49 am
cavfancier wrote:
Montana, in all seriousness, I do feel for you. I looked at your cross-stitch pictures in the gallery. I don't know, and I hope I don't sound insensitive, but I think a cross-stitch tribute to the rabbit might help you get through this. I often find that when I'm down about anything, I feel the need to write. Your work is really beautiful, by the way, so I thought it might be fitting to channel your sad feelings into that. Am I wrong for suggesting this? I hope not. Crying or Very sad

You don't sound insensative at all Cav. Thank you on the compliment on my stitching. I'm already working on another cross stitch project, but I did just buy a ceramic piece of a rabbit and I may do something like that. Thanks for the great thoughts Cav.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:50 am
Vivien wrote:
oh so sorry about Foo Foo - the not knowing is the worst.

Cav's idea sounds good. I'm off to look at your cross stitch work now ....

Thanks very much vivien.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:52 am
Removed per M's request. Sorry M. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:56 am
roger wrote:
Montana wrote:

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother getting pets since I grieve so much when they're gone, but then I think about all the animals out there who just need someone like me to give them all the love I have and off I am getting my next pet.

My son and I actually went to a pet store today and decided we wanted a kitten.

Hey, we need them too.

If it't weren't for international borders, and the fear the adventure might drive it insane, I would send one of mine. Even Barney.

Aw, Montana, you know Gus always means well. Just not good timing this time.

Roger
That's so sweet. We actually have a kitten in mind, so we are going to check the paper every day. I found the SPCA on line, but they even want $60. What happened to the days when cats were free. I actually wouldn't mind paying $60 for a kitty, especially to the SPCA where the money is needed, but I have to take a trip to the states soon and the money is a bit tight at the moment.

I do know that Gus means well and I truly do appreciate that, but you're right, it was just bad timing.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 09:59 am
CJ
That's not funny at all, so please remove it. Jesus CJ!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 10:03 am
The fee may be refundable after the pet is neutered and/or has rabies shots. That's the policy at the thrift store that runs a no-kill shelter. That's how I got Spooky. Also, check out the local vets. Some of ours maintain lists of cats and dogs needing homes. Just a few random thoughts.

If you find you still have alergies, most pet stores carry a tacky cloth you can wipe them with and pick up most of the dander. I have it from two reliable sources (dlowan and abuzz's Moggy) that some cats like to be vacuumed. Mine do not!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 10:10 am
Roger
The money is in fact refundable after the cat has been fixed, but I've adopted from shelters before and never had the heart to take the money back since they need it so desperately. My son is the one with the alergies, but he has pretty much grown out of them and the cat won't be allowed in his bedroom where he spends most of his time when he's home. Thanks for the tips and advice ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 10:16 am
cjhsa wrote:
Removed per M's request. Sorry M. Embarrassed

Thank you CJ. I appreciate that.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 12:38 pm
Still no news then...... Sad Sad
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 03:47 pm
Isn't it strange, Montana...I have the worst tendency to make bad jokes (gallows humor) when I'm in a bad spot. I crack up everyone around me. But let someone else try to make a joke, and it isn't funny at all.

I guess when we're especially sensitive, our own sense of humor comes out as a coping mechanism. But our feelings are too raw to handle it coming from others.

I'm sure Gus didn't mean anything but the best, Montana. You usually laugh your way through most things...I'm sure he thought that would help now, too.

Wait a minute! What is happening to me?! First I'm agreeing with Slappy, then I'm fighting with Craven, and now I'm defending Gus! Is there a full moon out there or WHAT?!?

(There, did THAT make you laugh? Or at least smile?)

(((((HUGS)))))
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 04:24 pm
I didn't mean anything bad either. I posted a pic of a suped up raptorbit and Montana was none too happy about it.

But it was meant to be funny.
0 Replies