Foo Foo is missing :-(

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:01 am
Perhaps she tunneled under the fence. Check the perimeter and if so search in that direction. The grass is always greener...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:07 am
Aw, that's so sad Montana! My sympathies. And who knows, just maybe one day you'll open the door and see her showing off her new brood of baby rabbits...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:26 am
Thanks everyone. I already checked the end of the tunnels, so she did not reach the other side.

Gus, that was a bit graphic, but it's nothing I haven't pictured in my head a million times. I'd rather picture her out there with other bunnies, than to keep that aweful picture in my mind. That picture is haunting me and I just hope I can get it out of my head.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 12:03 pm
Any evidence of cats?
Owls or hawks are more likely, but one of my colleagues came in this morning with the tale of one of his cats having eaten a rabbit over about a six hour period yesterday.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 01:00 pm
I always worried about a few cats that were hanging around, but even if they could make it over the fence, they couldn't have carried her back over the fence.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 01:59 pm
I'm sorry Montana, but any predator would love a plump, juicy, well fed rabbit.

Either a large bird, or a bobcat maybe. How high was the fence? A bobcat can jump about 8' in the air.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 02:07 pm
Sad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:07 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I'm sorry Montana, but any predator would love a plump, juicy, well fed rabbit.

Either a large bird, or a bobcat maybe. How high was the fence? A bobcat can jump about 8' in the air.

I haven't seen a bobcat since we've lived here and since there are plenty of rabbits in the woods for them, I can't see them chancing coming right up to the house. I'm convinced it was some big rat bastard bird.

I am so depressed!
0 Replies

Anoxia

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:10 pm
I'm so sorry, Montana.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 05:17 pm
Thanks Anoxia.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 06:13 pm
I'm sorry, Montana. Rabbits are people, too. It's a terrible shame.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 06:42 pm
hes in thhe witness protection program with that Australian rabbette
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 07:00 pm
Thanks Edgar and all of you who had the compassion to come here and express your thoughts.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother getting pets since I grieve so much when they're gone, but then I think about all the animals out there who just need someone like me to give them all the love I have and off I am getting my next pet.

My son and I actually went to a pet store today and decided we wanted a kitten. The kittens at this pet store were way to far from my budget, so I think I may just visit the SPCA. While we were at the pet store, we found a box of 6 little bunnies and I almost broke into tears right there.
0 Replies

Sam1951

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 07:13 pm
Montana,

I feel so sorry for you and your family. I have had the same experience with my cat Rumpelteaser. Thank God he cam back or was found every time. It is Spring, if she has not been "fixed", she may have gone in search of the right Buck. If so she will probably come home. ((((HUGS))))

Sam
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 07:27 pm
Why not just get another rabbit and enclose the top of the pen?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 07:28 pm
Or.... hey, I might just be able to cut you a deal on a capybara.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 08:12 pm
Thanks Sam. I appreciate that very much.

Gus
That's a good idea that I thought of myself, but we wouldn't be able to use the back yard if we did that.

If we get a cat, it'll be an indoor cat where it's nice and safe.

I'll let you know if I decide on the capybara ;-)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 08:36 pm
Montana, I hope I don't come across as sounding cruel or insensitive, but with the name Foo Foo is it possible that rabbit wanted to die?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 09:10 pm
aaaaw, so sorry Gez!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2004 10:05 pm
Thanks Littlek.

Gus
I am very sensative and hurting terribly right now, so please don't be cruel.
0 Replies