First stage of treatment of Leprosy (Borderline Tuberculoid)

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 10:01 am
Hi, My father has been diagnosed with BT leprosy and has started taking medications viz. rifampicine, dapsone and thalidomide. In just a day he has developed with two red patches (one of them turn black today). The effected area is the left wrist, near the middle knucle. He has just one patch according to the physician. So, is it normal to have these patches during treatment with MDT?

jespah

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 10:07 am
@masud007,
You need to talk to his doctor. If he doctor won't answer your questions, get a second opinion.
masud007

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 10:29 am
@jespah,
I get it. But its good for me if I have a second, third or as many opinions I can get. I am trying to use all the resources, including this forum
Ragman

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 10:45 am
@masud007,
For the most part we are not medical people on this forum. Any ethical medical person is not going to advise you sight unseen. your best path to info is from medical practitioners who can see your dad and view all of his paperwork and diagnostics. Why not seek a 2nd and 3rd opinion IN PERSON?

Advice given by anonymous forum members may not be a productive activity. Don't confuse matters for you or your dad with inexpert opinions.
0 Replies