In case of power cut, will my alarm system work?

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 12:20 am
I want install a alarm system in my home,before install i want to know In case of power cut, will my alarm system work? Please any one give me answer in detail.

jespah

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 07:48 am
@Mikestewartt,
Have you tried actually asking the sales person trying to sell you this system, or going to their website and looking at the FAQ.

I bet you're not the only person in the history of everything to have that question.
farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 11:23 am
@jespah,
our fire alarm and burglary system is grid power with a battery in case its cut and that battery has a backup which is powered by solar . The solar charger is checked every day for amperage and continuity and it comes back to the main pad as a check off. Most home security systems have thought of it already.

Gizmos is cool but the response service is the key .

0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 01:28 pm
@Mikestewartt,
Today's alarm systems come with a backup battery that will supply power in case the electric goes Off.

If you buy one of those from eBay (mostly China), it applies the same, they also come with the correspondent backup battery (batteries).
0 Replies

korkamann

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 09:21 pm
@Mikestewartt,
Quote:
I want install a alarm system in my home,before install i want to know In case of power cut, will my alarm system work? Please any one give me answer in detail.

I do not believe so. When Sandy hit in 2012 all my power went out for nearly two weeks along with my security alarm. Even when the lights came back on, the alarm itself seemed off with a low beeping noise which was most annoying. The Security alarm keypad had the red triangle on which meant a problem. It seemed most people with home security experienced problems because it was almost a week before the service man could come and repair the system. I was told the problem was related to the storm, Sandy.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 10:28 pm
@korkamann,
It depends what kind of alarm you have. My alarm system has a back-up battery, it will last 24 hours after the power went out.
-----

Mikestewartt, ask various alarm companies what kind of system they have and the prices. Also, if they monitor your system you'll have an additional monthly charge.
0 Replies