Clinton Demonstrates (Again) Something The Bushs' Lack

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 11:40 am
I'm not saying Clinton is without faults or even that he never did anything under the table or used the office to feather his own nest. All politicians do.

But I watched his speech as they unveiled his portrait and he was gracious and well spoken, humble and kind in his comments to bushinc.

This is the way a grown up with a sense of self esteem acts. This is the way a savvy politician acts.

bushinc will never possess those qualities. He is a self aggrandizing insecure little boy using the power of the presidency like a little boy who received somehow the key to the grownups liquor cabinet.

IMO
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,307 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 11:43 am
You might have missed the part where Bush was kind and gracious to Clinton and praised him extensively.

There are quotes posted on these boards.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 12:00 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
You might have missed the part where Bush was kind and gracious to Clinton and praised him extensively.

There are quotes posted on these boards.

I will go looking.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 12:09 pm
Here ya go: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=741092#741092
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 12:19 pm
Re: Clinton Demonstrates (Again) Something The Bushs' Lack
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I'm not saying Clinton is without faults or even that he never did anything under the table or used the office to feather his own nest. All politicians do.

But I watched his speech as they unveiled his portrait and he was gracious and well spoken, humble and kind in his comments to bushinc.

This is the way a grown up with a sense of self esteem acts. This is the way a savvy politician acts.

bushinc will never possess those qualities. He is a self aggrandizing insecure little boy using the power of the presidency like a little boy who received somehow the key to the grownups liquor cabinet.

IMO

Isn't it true that Clinton was sleeping during the Reagan funeral. I would not consider that a classy act by anyone.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 12:20 pm
No it is not true, he was closing his eyes like everyone else during a prayer/reflection.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 12:21 pm
Re: Clinton Demonstrates (Again) Something The Bushs' Lack
Miller wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

IMO

Isn't it true that Clinton was sleeping during the Reagan funeral. I would not consider that a classy act by anyone.

No it's not true. Where have you been? Nice try though.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 12:23 pm
Craven bushs' remarks were gracious in this case and in THIS case I humbly stand corrected. Embarrassed Smile

I stick by the sentiments of my post however.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 12:24 pm
So you're just gonna leave your original comments hang there as a testament to your typical lefty self BPB? No sense letting honesty cloud your path, huh?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 12:33 pm
Let bushinc manage graciousness and grown up behavior for eight years. I don't believe he can.
That's the honest truth.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 12:36 pm
Please note the operative word rare in the headline :wink: and this came of Drudge...noted McGentrix style bushlicker.....

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1506&u=/afp/20040614/ts_alt_afp/us_vote_clinton_bush_040614162324&printer=1
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 01:36 pm
Well if 'rare' is the operative word, let's see how many quotes we can find of Bill Clinton saying something nice about George Bush.

I would think the most constructive thing is to acknowledge that this was a pleasant occasion, all parties showed grace and style, and we would hope this set an example for everybody.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 02:51 pm
Ahhhh yes, the 'graciousness' and 'respect' that was shown to President Reagan by the Clintons:

http://www.drudgereport.com/rrbc.jpg

All thats missing is the little ballons above their heads with: 'ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ'[/i] in them
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 03:09 pm
gee fedral, freshen your material would ya? That show already closed out of town.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 03:12 pm
Fedral wrote:
Ahhhh yes, the 'graciousness' and 'respect' that was shown to President Reagan by the Clintons:

http://www.drudgereport.com/rrbc.jpg

All thats missing is the little ballons above their heads with: 'ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ'[/i] in them

They have their eyes closed in prayer/respect.

Would you prefer that they keep their eyes open and look around while everyone else is closing their eyes in respect?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:22 pm
Actually, Craven, Clinton was nodding off during the funeral. He was doing this during eulogies. His jaw was dropping--as I remember from some of my church experiences, this is a foolproof sign of falling asleep.

It was bad form, but he may have been out rescuing children from a burning building...or at an orgy that lasted too late.

Hillary was often seen exercising facial decomportment, but she could've had rotten eggs for breakfast, and was fighting the barf reflex. We should give them the benefit of the doubt.

Bush really said a lot of very kind things about Clinton, as Craven showed--all in all the unveiling was a nice moment for both men.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 08:30 pm
The things A2Kers argue about is so _______ (fill in the word yourself).
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 09:16 pm
PS-- Since I'm always striving to find positive morsels about Bill--

I thought it was tres cool, and about time a black artist was chosen to do a Presidential portrait.

Now, if we can have a black artist, doing a portrait of a black President...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 09:20 pm
female
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 09:26 pm
Condi...?
<hee>
0 Replies