Official Clinton Portraits Unveiled

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:21 am
Official Clinton Portraits Unveiled
Jun 14, 11:41 AM (ET)

WASHINGTON (AP) - Former President Clinton and former first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton unveiled their official White House portraits in an emotional East Room ceremony Monday.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040614/D836SEE80.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 544 • Replies: 9
No top replies

revel

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:28 am
Wow, I like the protraits but I am just speechless at Bush and his praise of Clinton.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:30 am
The guy who painted the portraits is crazy talented.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:31 am
I haven't found a good close-up of the portraits yet. Look pretty good from what I've seen, though.

Man, Clinton was such a good president. <heavy sigh>

(What did Bush say?)
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:37 am
Politics aside, Bill Clinton is a hottie. Razz Cool
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:40 am
sozobe wrote:

(What did Bush say?)

"As a candidate for any office, whether it be the state attorney general or the president, Bill Clinton showed incredible energy and great personal appeal," Bush said. "As chief executive, he showed a deep and far- ranging knowledge of public policy, a great compassion for people in need, and the forward-looking spirit that Americans like in a president."

"Bill Clinton could always see a better day ahead and Americans knew he was working hard to bring that day closer," Bush said. "Over eight years it was clear that Bill Clinton loved the job of the presidency. He filled this house with energy and joy. He's a man of enthusiasm and warmth, who could make a compelling case and effectively advance the causes that drew him to public service."
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:43 am
Thanks.

Could be cynical about it, won't.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:43 am
sozobe wrote:
I haven't found a good close-up of the portraits yet. Look pretty good from what I've seen, though.

Man, Clinton was such a good president. <heavy sigh>

(What did Bush say?)

More of Bush's comments from the link:

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Bush offered a glowing tribute to former President Clinton on Monday as the White House unveiled the official portraits of the 42nd president and his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Bush left Clinton laughing so hard that his face turned red with a jibe about Clinton's service in Texas to George McGovern's failed 1972 presidential campaign.

Mostly, though, Bush gave an almost nostalgic tribute to the Democratic former president.

"Bill Clinton could always see a better day ahead and Americans knew he was working hard to bring that day closer," Bush said. "Over eight years it was clear that Bill Clinton loved the job of the presidency. He filled this house with energy and joy. He's a man of enthusiasm and warmth, who could make a compelling case and effectively advance the causes that drew him to public service."

"She inspires respect and loyalty from those who know her, and it was a good day in both their lives when they met at the library at Yale Law School," Bush said of Mrs. Clinton and her husband.

0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:47 am
Gracious, and accurate.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:52 am
photo of the artist
Photo of the self-taught artist:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/06/14/politics/main622831_popup0_2.shtml
0 Replies