Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 01:31 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Certainly the NSDAP's and Hitler's politics were similar to an octopus

Did the Nazis use it, yes or no?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 01:46 pm
@coldjoint,
Like others did it, they did it, too, since the history of the octopus in political cartoons hasn't started in the 1930s but earlier, and also not in Germany.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 01:46 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
You'd be better off cutting your losses, don't expect it to understand anytime soon.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 01:47 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Like others did it

Yes.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 01:48 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You'd be better off cutting your losses, don't expect it to understand anytime soon.

I am right here. If you wish to display your obvious cowardice, it is your choice.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 02:02 pm
@izzythepush,
Well, I've been interested in this subject since university.

That kind of political cartoon was published - here in Europe - at exactly the same time as momentous events: the 1848 Revolution, the 1859 Franco-Austrian War, the Crimean War [1853-56], and the Franco-Prussian War [1870-71].

But the origin dates back to the famous map called Carta Marina, the first map of the Nordic countries to give details and place names (1527–39, Rome, by Olaus Magnus)
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 06:21 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
No they didn't. Winner-takes-all guaranteed that they didn't. If there were proportionality they would come closer to representing the actual will of the voters. Real proportionality, allocating say hundredths of an electors vote would come closer.

Someone won the election in each state. Each state's electors for the most part voted for the candidate that won the election in their state.

Quote:
http://patcrosscartoons.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/stolen.jpg
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2019 06:27 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
The only one I see throwing a tantrum is you.

It is dishonorable for you to make such untrue accusations. Shame on you.

neptuneblue wrote:
I guess with you hailing from Michigan, with two Democratic senators (one is a woman) and half the House representatives are Democratic with the majority of women, including Rashida Tlaib, just burns your biscuits.

I dislike Stabenow, but not because of her gender. She has no honor, and I don't think much of people who have no honor.

I think that neonazi Tlaib should be the face of the Democratic Party. She makes it clear that many of today's Democrats actually hate Jews. So I'm fine with her holding elected office.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2019 12:09 pm
Do we really need 4 more years of Trump and THIS?

Jersey City Shooters Targeted Jewish Market, Officials Say
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jersey-city-shooters-targeted-jewish-market_n_5df0f717e4b06a50a2e8085f

Comment:
Antisemitic, racist republicans strike again.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2019 01:07 pm
@TheCobbler,
You're a fool, they have been linked to the Black Hebrew Israelite, and not only did they publish anti-semitic material, they also posted anti-police material.
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/jersey-city-shootout-developing-details-3-2/2239660/

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2019 02:34 pm
@TheCobbler,
Quote:
Antisemitic, racist republicans strike again.

What kind of crap is that. Have the shooters been recognized as Republicans? I bet they have not.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2019 10:04 pm
More left wing loony rants from the The American Conservative

The Case For Impeachment Is Overwhelming

DECEMBER 10, 2019|12:31 PM
DANIEL LARISON
The House Judiciary Committee has released the two articles of impeachment that it has drawn up against the president. The two articles cover only the president’s abuses of power to solicit favors for his personal benefit and his obstruction of Congress in order to conceal those abuses. The first article of impeachment concludes by saying:

Wherefore President Trump, by such conduct, has demonstrated that he will remain a threat to national security and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office, and has acted in a manner grossly incompatible with self-governance and the rule of law. President Trump thus warrants impeachment and trial, removal from office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.

The case for Trump’s impeachment seemed quite strong more than two months ago, and the evidence provided to the House’s impeachment inquiry has strengthened it further. The president’s abuse of power is not in dispute. It is clear that he used the powers of his office in an attempt to extract a corrupt favor for his personal benefit, and this is precisely the sort of offense that impeachment was designed to keep in check. It doesn’t matter if the attempt succeeded. All that matters is that the attempt was made. It is also undeniable that he has sought to impede the investigation into his misconduct. The president has committed the offenses he is accused of committing, and the House should approve both articles of impeachment.

The president doesn’t have a credible line of defense left. That is why his apologists in Congress and elsewhere have been reduced to making increasingly absurd and desperate claims. The president’s defenders want to distract attention from the fact that the president abused his power, violated the public’s trust, and broke his oath of office, but these distractions are irrelevant.

The central question at the heart of this matter has always been whether we will tolerate the president corruptly using the powers of his office for personal benefit. The president’s defenders have answered loudly that they will tolerate corruption of the presidency. If we have any respect left for the Constitution and the rule of law, it is imperative that the president is not allowed to escape without facing serious consequences for his abuses. This is important not only to hold the current president in check, but it is also necessary to warn future presidents that such corruption will not be permitted to flourish.

Members of the House have been given a simple test of their fidelity to the Constitution. Are they enablers of presidential abuse of power and corruption, or will they do what their oaths of office require of them and hold a corrupt president in check?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2019 10:52 pm
Quote:
future presidents that such corruption will not be permitted to flourish.

What corruption? Who has proven anything? Anyone?
coldjoint

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2019 12:47 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
What corruption? Who has proven anything? Anyone?

No one is able to answer on proven corruption? Must not be any. That is what I thought. Why keep repeating a lie?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2019 05:24 pm

https://i.imgur.com/l5DRhIb.jpg
BillW

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2019 06:19 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/l5DRhIb.jpg

and, the Republicans just whine!
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQr9UH4G0qV73KqSGNGvSn8HSqw-rQrsdXHZhT5IG4u9i5dynpE&s
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2019 06:52 pm
@Region Philbis,
Why would he trust them. To be persecuted for three years by politically motivated hacks Obama installed does not build trust. The IG whitewashes mistakes and expects people to think this hasn't been a witch hunt. It will not work, pump out all the memes you wish. It is all but over for you liars. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2019 04:29 am

https://imgur.com/1lxJsgb.jpg