Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Nov, 2017 10:35 pm
@MontereyJack,
Here's the real dope on the GOP cuts. How these morons want to cut essential health insurance and food programs for children to give bigger tax cuts to the rich is beyond inhuman. What holes did these animals crawl out of?
https://theintercept.com/2017/10/04/senate-budget-tax-cuts-medicare-medicaid-health-care/

Quote:
“But it’s not only cuts to Medicaid and Medicare, it is cuts to nutrition programs,” Sanders said. “The [Women, Infants, and Children] program, designed to provide help to low-income pregnant women and newly born babies, will be cut when we have more infant mortality, higher infant mortality, than any other country. Head Start programs will be cut, child care programs will be cut, affordable housing programs will be cut.”

I keep wondering why Americans continue to vote these heartless animals back into office. According to the GOP, it's okay to kill people in the US (by starving social programs) and around the world with more defense spending.
Real Music

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:19 am
Trickle Down Economics Don't Work

oralloy

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:56 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
horse pucky.

The really nice thing about reality is, no matter how much liberals scream that reality isn't true, reality is still true.

MontereyJack wrote:
offer some evidence,

"Total net savings in 2010-2019 from Medicare provisions would offset about $575 billion of the Federal costs for the national coverage provisions."

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/health/oactmemo1.pdf

MontereyJack wrote:
These baseless blatant inventions on your part have zero credibility.

One of the cool things about reality is, even when liberals refuse to accept the existence of reality, reality is still right there for everyone to see.

MontereyJack wrote:
Obama and the Dems got medical insurance to 23,000,000 people that the Repubs ignoredand want to kick off the roles.

The Republicans feel (correctly) that Medicaid is a bad deal for the poor, and they thought that poor people might appreciate having real care from the Obamacare exchanges.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:57 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Here's the real dope on the GOP cuts.

No. There was nothing true at that link.

cicerone imposter wrote:
How these morons want to cut essential health insurance and food programs for children to give bigger tax cuts to the rich is beyond inhuman. What holes did these animals crawl out of?

Once again it was the Obama and the Democrats who cut half a trillion dollars out of Medicare. Not the Republicans.

cicerone imposter wrote:
According to the GOP, it's okay to kill people . . . around the world with more defense spending.

One of the best reasons for voting for Republicans is the fact that the Democrats always try to make our soldiers defenseless so they get killed and then (the Democrats' ultimate goal) America ends up defeated and destroyed.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 07:51 am
Despite Recent Wins for Democrats, Gerrymanders Dim Hopes for 2018 (NYT)

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:33 pm
@Real Music,
Trickle down doesn't work. http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/15/news/economy/trickle-down-theory-wrong-imf/index.html
Baldimo

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 01:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm interested in what regulations were "stripped away" to allow "Trickle Down" to work? I haven't seen any proof that we have less regulation on business than we did 30 years ago, if anything govt regulation has increased to the point where we are one of the most expensive countries to run a business.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/williamdunkelberg/2016/07/12/the-cost-of-regulations/#33c283916c81
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 02:44 pm
@Baldimo,
Financial effects from regulations are difficult to measure, because there are so many variables involved that cannot be "tied down." That's the reason why finance is an art and not science. Nobody can create a mathematical model that will measure how any regulation will impact the economy.
Some of the variables are a) inflation, b) competition, c) effect on cost of goods and services, d) taxation, and e) supply of money.
What I personally look at is how our economy is doing vs the world when I look for investments. I just follow the simple rules of investing; a) diversify, b) invest in funds that have performed in the long-term, and c) don't invest in bonds which pay less than 2%/year (it doesn't keep up with inflation).
Our funds have increased by 20% this past year.
https://www.kiplinger.com/article/investing/T023-C032-S014-rate-of-return-can-you-expect-from-your-portfolio.html
Baldimo

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 04:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Financial effects from regulations are difficult to measure, because there are so many variables involved that cannot be "tied down."

And yet you shared an article which blames the "stripping away" of regulations which it blames for people being poor. I simply asked what regulations were stripped away and instead I got investment advice...

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 07:21 pm
@Baldimo,
There is nothing I can do about what regulations our government legislates. I can only operate under the conditions that are available to us.

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/blog/we-looked-at-the-impact-of-regulations-at-financial-institutions/

It's still a revise and re-revise regulation atmosphere. We now have internet money called bitcoins. How regulated can that be?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 08:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I'm interested in what regulations were "stripped away" to allow "Trickle Down" to work? I haven't seen any proof that we have less regulation on business than we did 30 years ago, if anything govt regulation has increased to the point where we are one of the most expensive countries to run a business.

Elizabeth Warren Explains The Effect That
Deregulation Has Had On Our Financial System
and Economy

Trump Is Dismantling
Clean Air and Water Safeguards

0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 08:11 am
Trump is rolling back the post financial reform regulations which will eventually put right back to where we before. Because, goodness gracious wall street and big businesses have been suffering huge loses because of those regulations. Rolling Eyes

Trump to order U.S. Treasury to delve into taxes, post-crisis reforms

Trump issues directives that could roll back post-crisis reforms
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 11:17 am
@revelette1,
Trump is a moron. A dangerous one.
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 01:42 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy is off my ignore list... I am feeling generous and loving.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 02:24 pm
Senate Plans to End Obamacare Mandate in Revised Tax Proposal

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Senate Republicans have decided to include the repeal of the Affordable Care Act’s requirement that most people have health insurance in a sprawling overhaul of the tax code, merging the fight over health care with the high-stakes effort to cut taxes.

Repealing the so-called individual mandate, as President Trump had urged, would help Republicans with the difficult math problem they face in refining their tax plan. But it also risks reigniting the contentious debate over health care that Republicans found themselves mired in for much of the year.

“I’m pleased the Senate Finance Committee has accepted my proposal to repeal the Obamacare individual mandate in the tax legislation,” said Senator Tom Cotton, Republican of Arkansas, who had pushed for the mandate to be eliminated as part of the tax bill. “Repealing the mandate pays for more tax cuts for working families and protects them from being fined by the I.R.S. for not being able to afford insurance that Obamacare made unaffordable in the first place.”

In order to be protected from a Democratic filibuster, the tax bill can add no more than $1.5 trillion to federal budget deficits over a decade, and it cannot add to the deficit after a decade. Eliminating the mandate would free up more than $300 billion over a decade that could go toward tax cuts, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Because getting rid of the mandate would lead to a decline in the number of people with health coverage, the government would spend less money on subsidized health plans.

Several conservative senators have also called for its repeal as part of the tax overhaul, including Tom Cotton, Republican of Arkansas, and Rand Paul, Republican of Kentucky.

Mr. Paul said on Tuesday that he would seek to amend the Senate plan to repeal the mandate and “provide bigger tax cuts for middle-income taxpayers.”

“The mandate repeal is a promise we all made, and we should keep,” Mr. Paul said.

Ha, I bet a middle class tax cut would not make it into the final details of the bill. Instead we have a tax cut for the rich (as of right now) and a proposal to take away insurance to pay for it. I guess I can ready to die twenty years earlier than with my current health insurance.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 06:11 pm
@revelette1,
I blame all this bs on the voters.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2017 09:38 pm
Joe the Plummer speaks...
https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPolitics/videos/1554416077923210/
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 11:35 am
How liberal activists think they can kill the GOP tax bill

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 12:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It was good to hear from some top generals that they will not follow illegal demands from Trump. Trump’s rhetoric is insane and dangerous.
revelette1

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 12:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Legally though, Trump will get it done if a he takes a notion. As far as I know, the president has at his/her discretion to order a nuclear strike when he/she feels justified. Knowing that, I don't see how people can take presidential elections lightly as though they don't really matter and nothing really bad could happen that we can't weather out.