Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

revelette1

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 07:26 am
@snood,
Quote:
Not sure I know what "types of things" to which you refer

Sorry, I have a tendency to think people can read what's in my head I guess. Anyway, I was referring to political graphics and cartoons going beyond making a timely point to being tasteless or even offensive.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 07:38 am
I really hope all goes well for Northman in Virginia today. For democrats it all hinges on turnouts, which we are notoriously known for being bad about during special elections and midterms. It is a shame because in many of these previously red states we have a chance to turn them completely blue if only democrats would quit being politically lazy.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 08:05 am
Geez. That piece of crap in Texas fired 450 rounds in five minutes.
revelette1

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 08:57 am
The adolescent cult of AR-15 (The Week)
Baldimo

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 11:56 am
@revelette1,
What a BS article filled with nothing but a lack of knowledge beyond what they read in another anti-gun rant online. There is a reason this persons relatives have become gun owners, they didn't by into the BS this person was selling. This is usually the case with people who were critical of guns and actually take some classes and get to know regular gun owners, not the stereotypes they mock when they discuss gun owners. To claim that no one hunts with an AR-15 style rifle is complete and utter BS, I have several buddies, one who was a US army sniper, who shoots professionally and hunts with AR-15 style rifles. This agenda driven and bigoted piece of opinion is short-sighted and filled with the very type of BS we can expect from the anti-gun crowd.
Blickers

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 11:54 pm
@snood,
Quote snood:
Quote:
Geez. That piece of crap in Texas fired 450 rounds in five minutes.

Or one and a half rounds per second for five minutes. Only in the NRA's America, folks.
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 12:03 am
@revelette1,

Liberals hate freedom and civil rights. It should come as no surprise that they write articles opposed to freedom and civil rights.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 12:06 am
@Baldimo,
Quote Baldimo:
Quote:
To claim that no one hunts with an AR-15 style rifle is complete and utter BS, I have several buddies, one who was a US army sniper, who shoots professionally and hunts with AR-15 style rifles.

What was your buddy hunting, a locust plague?
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 12:07 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
This agenda driven and bigoted piece of opinion is short-sighted and filled with the very type of BS we can expect from the anti-gun crowd.

Well the Freedom Haters certainly don't have any facts to support their position. I guess when BS is all someone has, then BS is what they'll use.

Unless of course they have the integrity to simply abandon a position that they know is wrong in every way. But the Freedom Haters seem to be just as short on integrity as they are on facts.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 12:11 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Or one and a half rounds per second for five minutes. Only in the NRA's America, folks.

Magazine-fed semi-autos tend to work the same way the world over.
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 12:13 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
What was your buddy hunting, a locust plague?

AR's can be used to hunt anything ranging from gophers to black bears depending on the caliber used.

.223 for the gophers obviously.

.338 for the black bears.

Is it time for another debate over whether the US military should be using a gopher round against enemy soldiers? Those debates are always fun.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 12:21 am
Quote:
Democrats win bitter Virginia governor's race in setback for Trump
Exit polls in Virginia showed that one-third of the voters went to the polls to oppose Trump, and only 17 percent went to support him.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election/democrats-win-bitter-virginia-governors-race-in-setback-for-trump-idUSKBN1D71D7
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 03:13 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Blickers wrote:

Magazine-fed semi-autos tend to work the same way the world over.

But no place in the world but here are they used so often to slaughter humans.
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 03:34 am
@snood,
We're a pretty violent country.
snood

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 04:38 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

We're a pretty violent country.

That's stupid. In saying that, do you identify with the mass murderers and terrorists? Are their actions somehow particularly American? You gun crazed idiots will never admit that there simply couldn't be this escalation in the number of mass murders if there were less availability of huge capacity magazines and semiautomatic weapons.

What kind of hunter needs a 30 round magazine? One that probably needs to buy their meat from Krogers.
oralloy

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 05:11 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
That's stupid.

True though.

snood wrote:
In saying that, do you identify with the mass murderers and terrorists?

No.

snood wrote:
Are their actions somehow particularly American?

Unfortunately maybe yes.

snood wrote:
You gun crazed idiots will never admit that there simply couldn't be this escalation in the number of mass murders if there were less availability of huge capacity magazines and semiautomatic weapons.

We don't like admitting things that aren't true.

I'm not even aware that there is such an escalation. But even if there is, how many people did Tim McVey shoot?

I also question the relevance of magazine size. Perhaps if someone is using a form of full auto, smaller magazines might matter by confining them to shorter bursts. For semi-auto fire though, assuming the person practices, I don't see how more frequent magazine changes are much of an impediment to a shooting spree.

snood wrote:
What kind of hunter needs a 30 round magazine?

What does need have to do with anything?

I can tell you what kind of hunter uses 30+ round magazines though: varmint hunters.

Note that many people who hunt with an AR-15 style rifle use magazines with only five rounds (or whatever limit is required by the game laws in their area).

snood wrote:
One that probably needs to buy their meat from Krogers.

I certainly wouldn't advise eating varmint meat.
snood

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 05:42 am
@oralloy,
Why do I try to talk to you?
Below viewing threshold (view)
revelette1

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 07:49 am
The indefensible Republican response to the Texas mass shooting (WP)

For gun nuts the lives of Americans are the collateral damage of the second amendment, nothing anyone can do about it.

From the above piece.

Quote:
Let’s make an analogy: Automobiles kill around the same number of people as guns, but since we collectively believe that modern life as we know it would be impossible without cars, we do everything we can think of to make them safer. We build them with technology intended to minimize the carnage: seat belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes, new features that alert you when you stray from your lane or your eyelids get heavy. We construct laws and physical systems — speed limits, pedestrian crosswalks, bike lanes — to make them safer. When a new facet of the problem emerges, like texting while driving, we pass laws and undertake public education campaigns to attempt to address it. We require everyone who has a car to register it with the government and prove they can operate it safely. And within a few years we will completely transform the way we use them because a safer option — self-driving cars — is rapidly being developed.

But the gun industry, the NRA and their allies in Congress have succeeded in ensuring that there will be no new measures of any kind at the federal level to increase gun safety. They even managed to keep the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from researching gun violence, which is what you do when you are determined that no one be allowed to treat it as a problem that might have solutions.

Just have shootouts over little babies and little old ladies heads in church. Jesus would love it.
Below viewing threshold (view)