Turning The Ballot Box Against Republicans

TheCobbler

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 02:19 pm
Lewandowski: Manafort should go to jail for the rest of his life if he colluded
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/351672-lewandowski-manafort-should-go-to-jail-for-the-rest-of-his-life-if-he-colluded
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 04:44 pm
@TheCobbler,
Collusion isn't a crime.

I don't think failing to register as a foreign agent carries a life sentence.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 04:52 pm
@oralloy,
High crimes and misdemeanors are purposely left undefined.
Whatever a majority of senators consider an impeachable offense is left to their own discretion. And collusion has been considered an impeachable offense in the last two attempts..
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 05:10 pm
@MontereyJack,
So you think Manafort might be impeached if he colluded?
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 05:13 pm
@oralloy,
No, but Trump will be.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 05:14 pm
@oralloy,
Since impeachment is a political and not a legal process, the republican congress will not impeach Trump.
The republican congress will control Trump. Trump just has the title, and not much else.
snood

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 05:37 pm
Wait, Manafort impeached? He can't be impeached. He can be indicted and convicted.
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 06:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
No, but Trump will be.

No one is going to impeach trump if Manafort colluded with Russia.

No one is going to impeach Trump for any other reasons either.
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 06:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Since impeachment is a political and not a legal process, the republican congress will not impeach Trump.
The republican congress will control Trump. Trump just has the title, and not much else.

Trump has all the powers of the presidency, and he will have these powers for the entire eight years of his presidency.

True though that the Republicans are not about to impeach him.
oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 06:30 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Wait, Manafort impeached? He can't be impeached. He can be indicted and convicted.

I concur. Hopefully though Trump will pardon him.
Blickers

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 06:50 pm
@oralloy,
Trump can't pardon him. According to Trump, he doesn't even know who the hell Manafort is.
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 07:08 pm
@oralloy,
When Mueller et al get done and the full extent of Trump's malfeasance in office and before is made clear, it's doubtful he'll make it to four years, let alone eight.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 10:00 pm
@MontereyJack,
Most of us know Trump will never make it to 8, because his approval rating is now dismal, and the only way it can go is lower. He has revealed himself to be ignorant, a racial bigot, a liar, and with a vocabulary of a sixth grader. For those who believe Trump will be elected another term, I have a bridge for sale in Montana for a very good price.
snood

Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 11:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Even after seeing Trump fumble around for close to a year as president, it's hard for me to be confident that the blind fools who voted for him before won't do it again. They don't care that he's rotten and incompetent.
oralloy

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 11:18 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Trump can't pardon him. According to Trump, he doesn't even know who the hell Manafort is.

I'm not sure what statement you are referring to, but I'm sure he knows who he is.

I still love that name Manafort. Makes me think of a Blood Elf outpost in Netherstorm.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 11:19 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
When Mueller et al get done and the full extent of Trump's malfeasance in office and before is made clear, it's doubtful he'll make it to four years, let alone eight.

Your making a pretty big assumption there. There is no reason to think Mueller will uncover any wrongdoing on Trump's part at all.

If he does uncover any such wrongdoing, you have no argument as to why anyone should care after Bill Clinton.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 11:20 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Most of us know Trump will never make it to 8, because his approval rating is now dismal, and the only way it can go is lower. He has revealed himself to be ignorant, a racial bigot, a liar, and with a vocabulary of a sixth grader. For those who believe Trump will be elected another term, I have a bridge for sale in Montana for a very good price.

Your refusal to believe in his reelection will not prevent America from reelecting him (and then sending even more Republicans to the White House after Trump's eight years are up).

It's going to be a very long time before we see any Democratic presidents again.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 11:21 am
@snood,
snood wrote:
Even after seeing Trump fumble around for close to a year as president, it's hard for me to be confident that the blind fools who voted for him before won't do it again. They don't care that he's rotten and incompetent.

Well, he isn't rotten and incompetent.

But yes. We're happy with Trump and more than willing to reelect him.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 04:46 pm
@oralloy,
Yes, Trump isn't rotten and incompetent. He's a fraud with no intelligence who has scammed people (Trump University that was not certified), lies most of the time (check out Politifact), and is a bigot. His motto, he's "going to make America great again" never can or will happen under Trump, because his history precedes his rhetoric.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 06:22 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy says
Quote:
But yes. We're happy with Trump and more than willing to reelect him.

Who is this "we" you're talking about? You and the frog in your pocket? No, the country is NOT happy with Trump. It's never been happy with Trump.It has always thought he was a toad. That shows no sign of changing. The country did NOT elect him in the first place. It rejected him by almost three million votes. It was only the electoral college that railroaded him in, and that was by just about the slimmest possible margin: 1/16th of 1 percent in a couple swing states, certainly not the country at large. A mistake we won't repeat.

And, yes, he is both rotten and incompetent. And flirting far too cavalierly with war,