Listening_Watching the Hernandez Trial

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 11:51 am
They have this streaming online - listening in while working --- interesting - just the open remarks now.

Linkat

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2015 02:47 pm
@Linkat,
I feel really bad there is a boy kid on the stand - junior in high school that found the body...he was younger than my daughter when he found it.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2015 11:30 am
Odin's girlfriend is on the stand she looks dam determined although you can tell she is having a hard time not to breakdown.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2015 08:59 am
If he gets off, will the Pats take him back?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2015 03:13 pm
I cannot believe one of the questions that the defense made. He was questioning a witness about the tire tracks and tire pressure. He said so you have training on tire pressure which the witness said yes. The defense then said how about deflation of footballs have you had any training on deflation of footballs?

Not kidding.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 08:42 am

guilty.
life in prison...
Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 08:55 am
@Region Philbis,
Wow - I watched almost all the trial and missed this - I did just see the video now. I am "happy" for Odin's family - not really happy of course as nothing brings him back, but am happy that Hernandez fame and money did not set him free.

(CNN)—Jurors in the trial of former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez have found him guilty of first degree murder, which carries a penalty of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole.

Hernandez was also found guilty of unlawful possession of a firearm and unlawful possession of ammunition.

As the verdict was read, the former standout tight end appeared upset but calm -- pursing his lips and taking a deep breath, as his lawyer put his arm around him. He looked over to see his mother and fiancee weeping.
Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 09:45 am
@Linkat,
Odin's mom was so strong and thoughtful and composed in her statement. She even said she forgave those involved before, and after her son's murder.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 11:19 am
Ironically he is on his way to Cedar Junction which is in Walpole MA just a stone's throw away from Gillette Stadium.

There is potential he could drive right by there on his way to his new home.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 01:16 pm
@Linkat,
Tangent warning -
I remember Walpole as a place that sent me catalogs about wooden furniture for gardens..
Linkat

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 02:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Are they made from cedar ?
ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2015 05:18 pm
@Linkat,
I think so, don't remember for sure.

Just looked, yup.

https://www.walpolewoodworkers.com/furniture.aspx
Linkat

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2015 04:33 am
@ossobuco,
Well according to the website ", including cedar" -- is it made at Cedar junction - maybe that is what these lifers due with their spare time.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2017 06:12 am

a tragic end to a very sad life...

Quote:
Hernandez dead after hanging self in cell

BOSTON (AP) — Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez, who was serving a life sentence for a murder conviction
and just days ago was acquitted of a double murder, died after hanging himself in his prison cell early
Wednesday, Massachusetts prisons officials said.

Hernandez, 27, was found by guards in his cell at the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley just
after 3 a.m., Department of Correction spokesman Christopher Fallon said in a statement.

The former New England Patriots tight end was pronounced dead at UMass Memorial-HealthAlliance Hospital
in Leominster about an hour later.

Hernandez was in a single cell in a general population housing unit in the maximum security state prison.
He hanged himself using a bed sheet that he attached to a cell window, Fallon said.
(boston.com)
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 07:55 am
Now the wife of Aaron Hernandez is gearing up to sue everyone else because he committed suicide. I guess some families are beyond help. She's got some nerve trying to play the victim in all of this.
Linkat

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2017 10:02 am
@jcboy,
She's not even his wife. They were engaged and had a child with him but they were not married.
0 Replies

jackmrrxyz

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 04:22 am
@Linkat,
Watched and must enjoyed.
0 Replies