The Bride Of Christ

Smileyrius

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 05:39 pm
@Squeakybro,
my friend, for clarity, are you suggesting that this scripture tells me I must become without emotion or feeling, or I will not belong to the Christ?
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 06:36 pm
@Smileyrius,
I said
Yes. But you need to know the difference between emotions and affections. Now I posted some revelations on "Do You know what the flesh is" You should go read them.
Smileyrius

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 07:25 pm
@Squeakybro,
I find it interesting that you take the words from the scripture you quote "passions and desires" and replace them with "emotions and feelings", these words carry completely different connotations.

In the Apostle Paul's letter to the Galations, he actually listed the works of the flesh that he was speaking of.
Galations 5 wrote:
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

While some of these may be considered emotions, the word emotion is not defined by these.
Can not Jesus anger be defined as an emotion? or his pity? In his recorded anguish in Gethsemane. Was he not in an emotional state? or do you consider all of these affections?

I don't always find myself disagreeing with you Squeaky, you have some decent understandings, but in this instance, I am studying the context, and these scriptures appear to disagree with your diagnosis.
Squeakybro

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2015 08:08 pm
@Smileyrius,
If you read them other revelations I told you about all them and a few others are listed. And them are all driven by Passions(emotions). I used emotions because most people don't understand passions carnally. But if you will read the revelations I think you will see why. I just put up another revelations on the difference between emotions and affections.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 02:20 am
@Squeakybro,
You're the one who started talking about carnal thoughts, not me. Sick, perverted, deviant, all seem appropriate epithets to apply to you. I shudder to think about the sort of weird stuff you're into.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 02:31 am
You read this joker's posts and it's almost as though he's not for real. He reads like a caricature of some self-proclaimed hillbilly preacher. Oh well, anybody can get access to the interwebs these days.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 08:12 am
@Setanta,
Anybody can. You got on here didn't you.
neologist

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 08:49 am
@Squeakybro,
Having trouble with Colossians 4:6, eh Squeaky?
Perhaps your spirit has misdirected you
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 08:58 am
@neologist,
I said
When a Christian tries to be nice and considerate to the dogs. When they disreguard my reply with insults, and attack my witness. And I have turned the other cheek a few times. They are trampling my kindness under their feet. That makes them dogs or swine. And I no longer am required to give that which is holy to the dogs and swine.

Matt 7:6
6 "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 09:35 am
@Squeakybro,
So you have trouble with Romans 12:17 as well?
Has your spirit given you a license for arrogance?
What is it with that spirit, anyway?
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 10:16 am
@neologist,
I said
I have no problem with Rom. If the Spirit gives me that one that is the one I will stand on. if the Spirit gives me one on dogs I will stand on that one. And being a little flip with the dogs is not evil. Do you really understand the Holy Spirit? Its what ever He gives us at the moment.
Rom 12:17-18
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
(NKJ)

What do you do if you get Rom 12-17 on a person one day. And the next day you get Matt 7-6? Because they are calling for two different actions.
Do you say no to the Holy Spirit and tell Him you prefer Rom 12-17?

6 "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 10:25 am
@Squeakybro,
Squeakybro wrote:
... .What do you do if you get Rom 12-17 on a person one day. And the next day you get Matt 7-6? Because they are calling for two different actions.
Do you say no to the Holy Spirit and tell Him you prefer Rom 12-17?

(NKJ)
Quote:
All scripture is inspired . . . (2 Timothy 3:16)
Perhaps you will actually have to reason on the scriptures.

You might just say nothing.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 12:36 pm
@neologist,
Don't you get it yet. Walking after the Holy Spirit means to obey Him in the moment. You got Rom and you should stand on it. I got Matt and I'm standing on it. I used to teach a group in a motorcycle shop. And when someone came by needing help. We would all ask and get verses. Some was to not help him. But there was always atleast one that was told to help him. Every time. So we knew who was suppose to help. If you get a verse contrary to someone elses, that doesn't mean the other guy is wrong. That only means that you are both walking after the Holy Spirit. And as a Spirit led Christian we respect the other person, because they did get a verse. This is what separates us from the world and the intellectual idiots.

2 Cor 6:17-18
17 Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
(NKJ)

Matt 25:32
32 "All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 12:38 pm
@neologist,
Go read the revelations on the Holy Spirit. And the hidden language of the Holy Spirit. And the only guarantee of salvation.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 12:58 pm
I wasn't going to submit any posts in this thread. In fact, I was going to avoid it. But one of the members who are posting in this thread has sent me a PM in which he requested that I state the definition of a biblical prophet. Because of an emergency situation I now find myself in, I'll have to be extremely brief.

A biblical prophet received a message from God, who spoke to him directly in a supernatural way. God would command the prophet to deliver this message to a particular audience. An example would be Moses telling Pharoah, "Thus says the Lord, . . ."

The New Testament is God's final revelation to mankind (Jude 3). But the Christians of the New Testament did not receive the books of the New Testament all at once. They were penned over a period of decades. Hence, the need in New Testament times for genuine prophets (as opposed to false ones) as well as the other miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit.

The ability to serve as a prophet of God was one of them. These miraculous gifts were given only to those upon whom the apostles laid their hands (Acts 8:18). The obvious inference is that when the apostles and those upon whom they laid their hands had died, the miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit ceased.

Besides, when the last book of the New Testament was penned, there no longer was any need for prophets. God's will is contained in the New Testament. Despite the claims of various denominational people over the centuries, there has been no further revelation from God since that ancient time.

Memorizing scriptures and communicating them to others is commendable, but is not the work of a biblical prophet. In fact, there are no more prophets any more than there are instances of miraculous divine healing today. Once all the books of the New Testament were penned, there was no longer any need for miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit to communicate God's will to man. We either accept and believe what the New Testament says, or we reject it. There have not been, and will not be, any more revelations from God since New Testament times. Those today who claim to be biblical prophets are in error.

As I've just said, I'm in an emergency situation now; so, I won't be able to post again for a few days. But I've now done what was requested of me.

Later (I guess).

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 02:21 pm
@wmwcjr,
I said
Well we are going to disagree here. I don't know if you have ever come to the revelations of Jesus Christ yet. Now there are nine gifts of the Spirit. And the Spirit gives everyone one of the gifts in the milk understanding. But When one goes through the meat understanding and comes to the revelations of Jesus Christ. All nine gifts are in each revelation.

Rev 19:10
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."
(NKJ)

Rev 22:7
7 "Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book."
(NKJ)

2 Pet 1:20-21
20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,
21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 2:1-2
1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.
2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 12:4-11
4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,
9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
(NKJ)

Rom 12:6-9
6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith;
7 or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching;
8 he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.
9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.
(NKJ)

1 Tim 4:15-16
15 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.
16 Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
(NKJ)

neologist

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 03:35 pm
@wmwcjr,
Pretty good reasoning for a cute li'l chipmunk.
Are you sure you are not human?
Very Happy
neologist

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 03:39 pm
@Squeakybro,
Face it, Squeaky. The holy spirit not only is not a person, it cannot lead us in 2 different directions.
It's time for you to re evaluate your dependence on this unknown spirit.
Squeakybro

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 03:58 pm
@neologist,
I guess I disagree. With nine different gifts. And a lot of different ministries, and diversities of activities. The only thing that we should have in common is the fact that the Holy Spirit is leading each one of us with a verse.

1 Cor 12:4-14
4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.
6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:
8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit,
9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body-- whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free-- and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.
(NKJ)

0 Replies

Squeakybro

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2015 03:59 pm
@neologist,
Tell me about the chipmunk. he said a lot of unbiblical things there.
0 Replies